Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CHARLTON 2 PLYMOUTH 1 - 22/09/18 - POST MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Forgot to mention Aribo. Fantastic.

So disappointed when he didnt score in the First Half

One stage was on the edge of our penalty area, tied their player in knots the way he took him out of the game and then did a great pass forward to Taylor

Got forward himself to have the final shot on goal yet was just another occasion when a Plymouth player was there to block it
  • Thought we looked like the better footballing side today.

Reeves was superb.
  • Right. Initial thoughts during the game and in the immediate aftermath was just AAAARRRGGGGHHHH FOOTBALL I HATE AND LOVE YOU AAARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH GOALS YES HOW AAARRRRGGGHHHHHHH
  • First game of the season for me.

Taylor is twice as good as Magennis, what a find!! Grant becoming the player I hoped he would. Every team in the division would take Taylor, Grant and Vetokele as 3 strikers.

Cullen, Solly, Reeves all outstanding.

Great performance although we should be wary that better sides will punish our slight defensive lapses and missed chances.

Stuck at it right to the end and we were knocking on the door for ten minutes before they eventually caved.

Promising.

COYR!!

Shhhh, don’t tell Roland - they’ll all be gone in the January window.
  • edited September 2018
    Yet again let down by this useless team and Taylor in particular. Money on us to win 3-1 and he misses a pen FFS : - )

Another enjoyable game and another win.

We started very well, were all over them so of course we concede.

But we played well and just kept going. Plymouth were out on their feet by the end with all the running and blocking they had to do.

Really impressed with Ward and Cullen. Pinged the ball about well, often to each other, at pace and power.

Sarr his usual wonderful crossfield pass and his usual three mistakes, one in the first half when he went to ground when last man and the forward skipped past him.

Don't think Grant had his best game but scored twice and worked his socks off. Will take that every week.

Taylor gave a little prayer at the end, no doubt at having got a big let off for his bet breaking penalty miss.

Bielic for Reeves when fit.

WTF is Aribo's haircut about?

Old school rattle in the West upper. Don't think it will catch on but it should.

Shame most other side's won but we can only do our job.
  • edited September 2018
    Penalty goes in and it would have looked comfortable but we have a side capable of breaking teams down and griinding results out. Thats a real bonus, an excellent run now, cant wait to see them love at Scunthorpe in a couple of weeks.

Happy Addick here in France tonight
  • Forgot to mention Aribo. Fantastic.

Yep, real quality and a step up from his other performances this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2018

Thought KAG was poor overall - should have laid it to Taylor for a tap in and was sleeping when we hit the post and could've tapped in. If he can sort that out and keep scoring!! Needs someone to better coach him.

But scored 2 - whoosh?
    Two blokes near me today were embarrassing, screaming at Bowyer to get Grant off after he missed his late chance, even though he had already got one. At least one of them had the grace to admit his overreaction after Grants second.
  • I enjoyed that.
    Should have been 4 or 5 . Glad for just the 2 in the end though . Plymouth were shocking and if there’s a worse seam in league 1 I’d be surprised.
    Aribo man of the match for me . Worked tirelessly.
    Solly worries me . He backs of and backs off and lets the winger put the cross in every time .
    COYR!

This!!!! I was screaming at him to stop backing off for heir goal. He does it time and time again and it drives me nuts.
  • Enjoyed the game although I wish we could finish things earlier rather than make us sweat until the last few minutes.
    I don't think Plymouth are as bad as some on here are suggesting and they kept going till the end.
    Personally I would have brought Lapslie on with 20 minutes to go with Plymouth having used all three subs and clearly running out of energy.
    But Bowyer decided otherwise and we got a late winner so no complaints from me.
    Onwards and upwards.
    Come on you reds.
  • Enjoyed the game although I wish we could finish things earlier rather than make us sweat until the last few minutes.
    I don't think Plymouth are as bad as some on here are suggesting and they kept going till the end.
    Personally I would have brought Lapslie on with 20 minutes to go with Plymouth having used all three subs and clearly running out of energy.
    But Bowyer decided otherwise and we got a late winner so no complaints from me.
    Onwards and upwards.
    Come on you reds.

Yeah I thought that Lapslie / Vetokele would come on for Reeves and Ward with about 20mins to go so surprised the former didnt happen

Although the moment it went 2-1 I was calling for Bowyer to bring Dijksteel on for Reeves
  • Anyone who thinks Reeves was anything other than excellent today was either only pretending to be there or would simply think he was shit regardless of what he does. I have been his absolutely biggest critic and have regarded him until now as the biggest waste of space ever. But neither I nor anyone else can reasonably downplay his contribution to the last two home games. If he keeps this up he could be POTY. On past performance he will break sometime soon so don’t hold your breath but credit where it’s due please folks.

Agreed . Class today
  • Sponsored links:

• We play some absolutely great stuff at times, look unplayable attacking wise for part of that.

Loving our side at the moment, Fosu and Clarke to return from an attacking sense.....the bench looms very strong with options on it.
  • 2 massive pluses Reeves was fantastic best game yet.New boys are fitting in well.Just wish Lyle Tayler would stop gobbling off to officials that's 3yellow cards .But we are getting there.COYR
  • Plymouth are a disgrace they started time wasting after 10 minutes. The ref was just mugged off time and time again, very weak.

Hope they go down if that's there philosophy on how to play the beautiful game.

As for Charlton, well everything to like, teamwork, spirit, effort, passion, good football, get a little bit of luck and we will thump someone.

Excellent run onwards and upwards.

COYR.
  • Agree that reeves was very good - brave on the ball and without doubt our most creative midfielder - aribo has so much quality but somehow doesn't dominate games enough - he should be demanding the ball all the time and influencing games more - belik in for sarr once fit - he's no midfielder thats for sure - once fosu is back we will really start smashing teams rather than grinding out wins - its looking good.
  • I really enjoyed the match. Some great football with a fantastic team spirit.
    For those that boycott the valley it’s a real shame as we are witnesses something special here. The quicker RD fucks off the better so that you will enjoy witness the same.

RolandOut!
  • Straight out of the Mark Hughes book of post match excuses.

Goals should have been disallowed, wasn't a penalty, we deserved more, ref was terrible blah blah blah.
  • Thought Aribo, Reeves and Cullen were a different class today. Reeves especially with some of his passing.

Grant is turning into one hell of a player, probably should have squared it to Taylor late on but that's if I'm really looking to pick holes.

Taylor is quality. He must be such a prick to play against, and I absolutely love him for that.

We wouldn't have won that last season, but under Bowyer and JJ we've got a team that will fight to the end. Long may that continue!