Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CHARLTON 2 PLYMOUTH 1 - 22/09/18 - POST MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Wish we were better at taking Penalties they are golden opportunities to win or draw games if behind.

Did you lift that out of 'Viz - Top Tips' Indian?? :wink:
    Haha no just saying
  • Thought KAG was poor overall - should have laid it to Taylor for a tap in and was sleeping when we hit the post and could've tapped in. If he can sort that out and keep scoring!! Needs someone to better coach him.

KAG might have been poor but what about KG?
  • Anybody know how the Civil Service Strollers did today?
  • cafc_se7 said:

robroy said:

Watched on iFollow. Thought we looked a bit shaky at the back.

We looked quality going forward and was well deserved in the end. Please we got the win as would not want Taylor worrying about the missed pen.

Loved the bit at the end where he was telling the fans in the covererd end to keep the ball haha.

Credit to Bowyer on the sub.

Onwards we march with Fosu and Billy Boy to come back

COYR’s

Totally agree mate. Watched on iFollow also and did look shaky at the back, especially first half.

Tireless work from Grant and Taylor again; chased a lot of long balls in the first half. Aribo had a really good first half but Ward was anonymous throughout and Cullen was unable to really stamp his authority on the game.

Make no mistake though, we would not have won this last season and everyone worked really hard. My only (subjective) criticism again is of Reeves. I just don't get it? He runs round in circles and more often than not his end product is poor! Too many attempts at cute little passes that don't seem to come off. Perhaps I look for it? I don't know.

Plymouth were no mugs either by the way and will (arguably) be disappointed they didn't get a draw. They were well set up, especially second half, and will not be fighting relegation in my opinion. Whether they can do a similar charge again like last season though I'm not sure.

West Country commentators were also very complimentary of our passing which was good to hear. Real good feel about this at the moment.
    Our lot said Reeves had a brilliant game?
    As I said mate, maybe it's just me(?). I just struggle to see what effect/impact he has on the game. I'll try harder though.
  • Anybody know how the Civil Service Strollers did today?

Not that I give a Shit just making Conversation.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2018

cafc_se7 said:

robroy said:

Watched on iFollow. Thought we looked a bit shaky at the back.

We looked quality going forward and was well deserved in the end. Please we got the win as would not want Taylor worrying about the missed pen.

Loved the bit at the end where he was telling the fans in the covererd end to keep the ball haha.

Credit to Bowyer on the sub.

Onwards we march with Fosu and Billy Boy to come back

COYR’s

Totally agree mate. Watched on iFollow also and did look shaky at the back, especially first half.

Tireless work from Grant and Taylor again; chased a lot of long balls in the first half. Aribo had a really good first half but Ward was anonymous throughout and Cullen was unable to really stamp his authority on the game.

Make no mistake though, we would not have won this last season and everyone worked really hard. My only (subjective) criticism again is of Reeves. I just don't get it? He runs round in circles and more often than not his end product is poor! Too many attempts at cute little passes that don't seem to come off. Perhaps I look for it? I don't know.

Plymouth were no mugs either by the way and will (arguably) be disappointed they didn't get a draw. They were well set up, especially second half, and will not be fighting relegation in my opinion. Whether they can do a similar charge again like last season though I'm not sure.

West Country commentators were also very complimentary of our passing which was good to hear. Real good feel about this at the moment.
    Our lot said Reeves had a brilliant game?
    As I said mate, maybe it's just me(?). I just struggle to see what effect/impact he has on the game. I'll try harder though.
    You must have had your eyes shut today then.
    Yep, Eyes Wide Shut!! Must learn not to have an opinion! Utterly crass of me.
  • It's interesting how many different views there are of how certain players performed. Here and on the players' marks thread, it sounds like we had to Reeveses playing for us, one great and one poor to awful.
  • A couple of questions for those who saw the game. First, was it a poor penalty or a good save? Second, is Igor starting to look like the player we had before his injury?
  • Thought KAG was poor overall - should have laid it to Taylor for a tap in and was sleeping when we hit the post and could've tapped in. If he can sort that out and keep scoring!! Needs someone to better coach him.

He's literally just won us 3 points and you're knocking him for being poor?
  • Couldn’t attend today. From what I can gather we deserved the three points so good show chaps. As said. I wasn’t there but it seems to me that it’s going to be defensive frailty and lapses that cost us points this season. I know we’ve lost Paddy but perhaps with the exception of Pearce none of the back four are rock steady. We seem to concede an awful lot of soft goals. I’ll be interested to see the scores for the back four today. Bowyer doesn’t have that many options but if we can tighten the back line i’ll Certainly feel more relaxed.
    COYR
  • A couple of questions for those who saw the game. First, was it a poor penalty or a good save? Second, is Igor starting to look like the player we had before his injury?

The penalty save video was posted on the match thread.
    Go there and you can see it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:

A couple of questions for those who saw the game. First, was it a poor penalty or a good save? Second, is Igor starting to look like the player we had before his injury?

@Oggy Red thanks.
  • Up the reds. Deserved that so much. What a player Taylor is . Reeves was excellent also . Buzzing with another win
  • Thought KAG was poor overall - should have laid it to Taylor for a tap in. If he can sort that out and keep scoring!! Needs someone to better coach him.

BOLLOCKS...if you’ve got the ball and you can see the goal you shoot
  • Thought KAG was poor overall - should have laid it to Taylor for a tap in. If he can sort that out and keep scoring!! Needs someone to better coach him.

BOLLOCKS...if you’ve got the ball and you can see the goal you shoot
    The way both Taylor and Grant have started the season, I wouldn’t expect anything less from either of them
  • Once again we allowed a poor team compete against us when we should have blown them out the water.

We probably created more chances today than we usually do in ten matches. However, we got the three points which is the only thing which matters.

Too many individuals mistakes today, but Grant was there when it mattered.

I love watching this Charlton team, especially Grant who looks a league above at times.

Overall, there’s no reason why we shouldn’t be near the top 2 come the end of the season.

To the championship we’re on the way
  • Oggy Red said:

A couple of questions for those who saw the game. First, was it a poor penalty or a good save? Second, is Igor starting to look like the player we had before his injury?

It looks to be a poor penalty.
  • Oggy Red said:

It looks to be a poor penalty.
    Give the keeper credit though, it was a very decent save ..... but I agree with you that Taylor could have placed his penalty better.