Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lands End to John O'Groats Cycling (in aid of Parkinson’s UK)

2»

Comments

• Bumping this up. Just broken the £600 barrier, but still a bloody long way to go! Any donations, however small would be warmly received. Cheers.
  • Another shameless bump. Am now up to £750 but still a bloody long way to go.

A £1 from everyone on this site would ease my anxiety over raising this money! It's more stressful than the thought of the ride!

Anyway, any help that can be offered would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Tim-Chick2
  • Bumping this up. Found out today that the organisers have changed the route to include a ride up Cheddar Gorge! Not sure if that is a good thing or not.

Appreciate times are hard, but am going to put a shameless beg out again.

Am up to £1200 - but still a very long way to go.

A variety of circumstances mean I have struggled to promote this with any events. TBH I have no real idea where to start. If anyone has any ideas they would be greatly received.

I know those of you undertaking the London to Amsterdam ride have held collections at The Glades in Bromley and at The Valley. How do you organise that sort of thing? Am thinking or possibly setting up a turbo trainer somewhere and having a bucket collection - no idea as to the legalities of that?

Anyway, if any of you could spare a few quid it would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

• Bumping this up in the vain hope that hordes of drunken celebrating Lifers will ease my pain (can't go today) by chucking me a few quid.

Enjoy today everyone.
  • Another shameless bump. Fund raising is now up to £1460.00. £440.00 to go.

I know a few of you have donated already and I'm really grateful.

I have to raise another £140.00 by next Friday to ensure I keep my place on the event.

If any of you would like to help me towards that target it would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

• Bull's eye on its way

• Bull's eye on its way

Amazing. Thank you so much!
  • Lots of donations coming in. Thanks to all who have donated.
  • Parkinson UK on Stelvio today.
  • Clem - if you've got a turbo you could try doing a sponsored bucket challenge in a supermarket. Mate of mine raised 340 quid doing that for a few hours last year
  • Sponsored links:

• In mate good luck... When I lived in Kinross I walked a bit with Ian Botham on his walk in the 80,s nice bloke but admitted loved hammering Kent ccc when they played. Also met a guy who was running backwards the whole way ffs that's hard. 

Botham had Allan Borders brother with him and he was a great craic. 
  • Shameless bump.....

Exactly 5 weeks today, I will have (hopefully) completed day one of my Lands End to John O'Groats challenge. Thanks to all of you who have contributed to the cause and helped me raise £1700.00 for Parkinson's UK. I am still £200.00 shy of my target, so anyone who fancies chucking a few quid in is more than welcome to. Cheers.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/tim-chick2

• This is now getting very real. Just over 7 days till the off. I am currently £190.00 short of my £1900.00 target. If anyone wants to bump it please do so. Would be great to hit the target before I leave!

• Final update till after I hopefully finish. Have smashed through my fund raising target. Loads donated by the good folk on here. Thanks to all of you, it's much appreciated.

• Evening all. 3 days in. Writing from a hotel in Chepstow and heading to Shrewsbury tomorrow (94 miles)

Stats so far:

Distance 234.56 miles
    Climbing 15,863ft
    Time Pedalling 19hrs 24mins

Have reached my sponsorship total, but feel free to top it up further.

• We'll, here we are, in a hotel in Thurso. 29 miles from the finish. 107 brutal miles today. Rain, fierce headwind and nigh on 6000ft climbing.

You know what to do!

• Well done Clem, great achievement 
  • @Clem_Snide

My son got married recently and one of his guests was my brother-in-law, who suffers from Parkinson's.

My brother-in-law has fought this disease so bravely and without complaint for many years but sadly this effing awful disease is winning and it was so sad to see a man who was once an eminent structural engineer struggling to get out of his chair.

So thanks for your efforts in raising much needed funds to try and find a cure for this disease. And the sooner we do so, the better.

Just donated £45 to your fund so you can end on a nice round figure! (Although I obviously hope further donations come in).
  • Sponsored links:

• Finished a couple of hours ago. Great experience, but so so tough. Far harder than I ever believed it would be.
    Congratulations.
  • Well done. And best of luck cycling back home. 
  • Well done Clem
  • Brilliant stuff. Well done.