Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA 19 (The Computer Game)

Comments

• Options

Starting to love this FIFA now, it's definitely an improvement on the last few. Pace is no longer super reliable

I'm glad they nerfed pace a bit, as it's always been too easy to exploit, but I feel they may have taken it a bit too far in the other direction now.

You think you've got fosu or grant in on goal and then some 20 stone centre back from Rochdale catches up with them instantly.
  • Options
    alicwkd said:

Starting to love this FIFA now, it's definitely an improvement on the last few. Pace is no longer super reliable

I'm glad they nerfed pace a bit, as it's always been too easy to exploit, but I feel they may have taken it a bit too far in the other direction now.

You think you've got fosu or grant in on goal and then some 20 stone centre back from Rochdale catches up with them instantly.
    That's EXACTLY what happened to me last night. Fosu v Rochdale. Thought I had a one on one. I was goal side, 4-5 yards clear and on the run with the nearest defender on his heels. Three or four touches to get into the area and shoot.

I didn't even get to take a second touch.
  • Options

I am so shit at this game and normally pretty good at FIFA.

Can't defend, can't dribble, can't pass, can't shoot... makes the game quite difficult!!

Any particular set ups/styles that people are finding that works for them?

Mainly play FUT.

Fancy a game or to and maybe can give you some advice?
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    cs1986 said:

Can't defend, can't dribble, can't pass, can't shoot... makes the game quite difficult!!

Mainly play FUT.

Fancy a game or to and maybe can give you some

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DkXJCGuhrIk

Watch this also it might help
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

Mainly play FUT.

Doubt I'll get a chance to play until Sunday now mate, but up for it then
  • Options

cs1986 said:

Mainly play FUT.

Doubt I'll get a chance to play until Sunday now mate, but up for it then
    Cool mate. I will check my PS network name and post it up
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

If anyone is looking for some young players for career mode, here are some suggestions:

Brahim Diaz (winger)
    Zakaria Bakkali (winger)
    Angel Gomes (CAM, possibly the best player on the game at his peak)
    Ethan Ampadu (CB - amazing even at 65 rating)
    Christian Fruchtl (GK, very cheap)
    Svilar (GK, but not this year cos I still can't pronounce his name in my head)
    Tyler Roberts (my new favourite striker now that Johnny Russell is over the hill)
    Denis Zakkaria (What Paul Pogba would be if he wasn't a dick).

Signed him on FM year before last.. He gets absolutely brilliant
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

alicwkd said:

That's EXACTLY what happened to me last night. Fosu v Rochdale. Thought I had a one on one. I was goal side, 4-5 yards clear and on the run with the nearest defender on his heels. Three or four touches to get into the area and shoot.

I didn't even get to take a second touch.
    Yea it's pretty ridiculous. I'm used to it now and anticipate that it's going to happen. But it still winds me right up!
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    cs1986 said:

cafc4life said:

Defending is very difficult it seems. Playing online and people just waltz through my defence whilst I struggle to change player quick enough, but I cant ever do the same to them

What customs tactics you using for defence? Are you on PS4 I can give you a game and some advice after if you interested?

I'll be honest I haven't set up any custom tactics and wouldn't know how to . I play ultimate team and would never spend my own money on packs so my team consists of some bang average gold players players from a mix of leagues. Chemistry is about 45. Rating is about 78-80. Amazes me how people pack all these decent players and the best I've got is Savic who is 83 rated but has pace of a slug .

Any advice on what set up to use for custom tactics etc very welcome
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My defending is shit.

1st game was the automatic game whilst its uploading Juventus v PSG
    4-1 up with 30 to play lost 6-4

2nd game was Charlton v Millwall lost 2-0 Millwall had 22 shots
  • Options
    Anyone else finding that through balls just ghost through your defence? Ive had it repeatedly where it doesnt look like a dangerous ball that 2 defenders could intercept and no bastard puts their foot on it and they end up through on goal and a goal up.

Finding it very hard not to concede first. Spent every game fighting back from a losing position within 20 mins.
  • Options

My defending is shit.

1st game was the automatic game whilst its uploading Juventus v PSG
    4-1 up with 30 to play lost 6-4

2nd game was Charlton v Millwall lost 2-0 Millwall had 22 shots

So realistic these days!
  • Options
    3rd game was Charlton v Cheltenham and lost 4-2 why cant I defend
  • Options
    I'm finding opposition shots from outside the edge/ just outside the box are ridiculously clinical. I'm ok at stopping them getting in the box but instead they just pass it to someone on the edge who pings it in!
  • Options
    Finesse shots from the edge of the box are OP this year, last year it was low driven shots.
    Glad they’ve made pace less important, became farcical last year.
  • Options

3rd game was Charlton v Cheltenham and lost 4-2 why cant we defend

Its realistic as Bowyer asks the same question
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Finally
    4th game
    Charlton 1-0 Cheltenham

Although I still dont get why every Cheltenham player was faster tham every Charlton player.
  • Options
    Surprised to see the “legacy edition” (which is released for ps3 and Xbox 360) is still basically full price, despite being just a data upgrade.

So while you get the new teams, kits and so on, the gameplay is as it was in fifa18 with only minor enhancements.

I’m sure the number of these copies sold is limited but how can EA justify full price for what is 90% last years game.
  • Options
    The things that’s annoying me on career mode is the heading ability of opponents, sometimes it’s just going in as soon as they’re in a crossing position
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2018

3rd game was Charlton v Cheltenham and lost 4-2 why cant I defend

I find the best way to defend is just to keep your players in their shape, everyone behind the ball and essentially let the opposition lose the ball to you rather than running around trying to win the ball back. Then when you get it break.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

cs1986 said:

cafc4life said:

Defending is very difficult it seems. Playing online and people just waltz through my defence whilst I struggle to change player quick enough, but I cant ever do the same to them

What customs tactics you using for defence? Are you on PS4 I can give you a game and some advice after if you interested?

I'll be honest I haven't set up any custom tactics and wouldn't know how to . I play ultimate team and would never spend my own money on packs so my team consists of some bang average gold players players from a mix of leagues. Chemistry is about 45. Rating is about 78-80. Amazes me how people pack all these decent players and the best I've got is Savic who is 83 rated but has pace of a slug .

Any advice on what set up to use for custom tactics etc very welcome
    Are you on Playstation? I can add you we can have few games and discuss tactics etc
  • Options
    I play on world class with Charlton, found it easy in league one won most games without much trouble. Won the league and now in Championship and finding it much tougher to break sides down drawing lots of games 0-0.
  • Options
    Always struggled a bit on WC mode but suddenly finding a bit of rhythm... Won the last four games with Macclesfield in Be a Pro mode and slowly creeping into the Play-Offs
  • Options
    Need LB cover for Page any ideas
  • Options

Luca Pellegrini from Roma
  • Options

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.goal.com/en/amp/news/fifa-19-best-young-players-career-modes-top-strikers-midfielders-/1wxzircjv9z8y1so57t1hfka5g

Worth having a look through this, has all the best potential players and wonder kids, saves you having to use the scouts
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Sage said:

Luca Pellegrini from Roma
    Now Signed him on a 2 year loan
    Thanks for advice

Edit or not he rejected haha

Still need a LB
  • Options
    alicwkd said:

I see what you are saying but it is nice to go for players that you want to use and not have to pay too much attention to pace, for instance I have wanted to use Harry Kane for a while but on old FIFA's he was too slow but with pace not the be all end all and with his shooting and physical stats I bet he is a lot better now.

What I try and watch out for is running too much with a low dribbler, for instance Fosu or Grant may have high pace but their dribbling is awful so running with the ball for long periods or using heavy knock ons won't work. I've found the best way to play this one is simply 1,2s and shoot whenever you feel it's best. The other thing I've noticed is a 3 step dribble count, so say when I knock it past a player the first touch will get me gone, the second will give me a chance but by the third I need to have done something or the player running behind will always make a good challenge