Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA 19 (The Computer Game)

Comments

• cafc4life said:

Defending is very difficult it seems. Playing online and people just waltz through my defence whilst I struggle to change player quick enough, but I cant ever do the same to them

What customs tactics you using for defence? Are you on PS4 I can give you a game and some advice after if you interested?
  • cafc4life said:

Defending is very difficult it seems. Playing online and people just waltz through my defence whilst I struggle to change player quick enough, but I cant ever do the same to them

Yeah I’m finding defending difficult at the moment.

Playing career mode and haven’t kept a clean sheet yet!
  • I am guessing that the onus is on us to figure out which defensive tactics to set up, and then learn to play that way. I've always dropped back and tried to win the ball around the edge of my own area on video games, so I am trying to do that here. It's working in career mode to some extent, but I haven't tried online yet...
  • I've always been absolutely shocking at defending on FIFA. Many of my online games ended 4-3 5-4 etc
  • alicwkd said:

I've always been absolutely shocking at defending on FIFA. Many of my online games ended 4-3 5-4 etc

Most the time I find I am better off not doing anything. Especially against the AI - just let the computer sort itself out and sooner or later I'll have the ball back. Usually from a goal kick!
  • cafc4life said:

I find the changing players isn't very reactive.
  • This is the HARDEST FIFA to score on that I remember and coupled with being the hardest to defend too. I got spanked 3-0 by Luton yesterday... LUTON!

Also we signed Joelinton whoever he is and he is a step below Karlan and Lyle but the manager keeps playing him as my strike partner... I have played 15 and my player has scored 6 goals... Charlton have scored 8 despite me playing in plenty of opportunities... I have the extra 2 assists.
  • Dazzler21 said:

This is the HARDEST FIFA to score on that I remember and coupled with being the hardest to defend too. I got spanked 3-0 by Luton yesterday... LUTON!

Also we signed Joelinton whoever he is and he is a step below Karlan and Lyle but the manager keeps playing him as my strike partner... I have played 15 and my player has scored 6 goals... Charlton have scored 8 despite me playing in plenty of opportunities... I have the extra 2 assists.

What level do you play at?
  • Dazzler21 said:

This is the HARDEST FIFA to score on that I remember and coupled with being the hardest to defend too. I got spanked 3-0 by Luton yesterday... LUTON!

Joelinton started against City last night, listening to talksport the european reporter said big things are expected from him this season and he is supposed to be the next Bobby Firminho.

So basically a great signing for u haha
  • I packed a Sergio Ramos last night, sold him and bought an entire Serie A squad
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

Have you practiced the new timed shooting thing? I hate it! Can't get used to it at all. This FIFA feels like it was designed to stop people who play like I do.
  • Just need a decent defender next to Skrinar and I'll be good to go!

(Got Ramos in a mega pack for completing a Squad Building Challenge, anyone who plays FUT should do this early as possible as there is a huge amount of discard price players that can make up these squads and get packs and coins early on)
  • edited October 2018
    sam3110 said:

Just need a decent defender next to Skrinar and I'll be good to go!

(Got Ramos in a mega pack for completing a Squad Building Challenge, anyone who plays FUT should do this early as possible as there is a huge amount of discard price players that can make up these squads and get packs and coins early on)

Nice team. try barzagli for about 4k until you can work up to Manolas who is a beast.

If anyone fancies a few games on FUT give us a shout
  • sam3110 said:

Who are you messaging mate?... :-)
  • Dazzler21 said:

What level do you play at?
    Either WC or Legendary
  • In honour of our World Cup performance

• In honour of our World Cup performance

Didnt know Stevie G was manager :wink:
  • Does Trippier look like Paddy Bauer in his card or is it just me?
  • Looking forward to settling in to a full sesh on this tonight. Hope I can get used to the defending quickly, that was the thing I always did best on Fifa's.
  • sam3110 said:

Who are you messaging mate?... :-)
    Haha the fiancée
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone else noticed Charlton's club value when you start the career mode? Under £5 million... someone needs have a word with Roland.
  • I am so shit at this game and normally pretty good at FIFA.

Can't defend, can't dribble, can't pass, can't shoot... makes the game quite difficult!!

Any particular set ups/styles that people are finding that works for them?

Mainly play FUT.
  • Starting to love this FIFA now, it's definitely an improvement on the last few. Pace is no longer super reliable, strength and tackling feels more realistic, through balls not as easy, crosses less accurate, timed finishing makes scoring more technical, penalties feel better.

I think a lot of people are saying it's a hard FIFA, at the start I was struggling in squad battles on professional, had to move down to semi pro but now I win on world class quite comfortably, when I get a better team I will go back to the usual legendary and beyond which do feel a lot harder this year

I call FIFA out for being greedy but FUT is so much easier now to get a good team, I have a very decent serie A team and haven't spent a penny thanks to challenges and squad battles
  • Just bought a PS4 with Fifa ‘19 - first time I’ve owned a console since I left home at 18!
  • Bastard robbed my joke 8 minutes after I posted it!
    Or you nicked his from 3 days ago :wink:
  • edited October 2018

I am so shit at this game and normally pretty good at FIFA.

Can't defend, can't dribble, can't pass, can't shoot... makes the game quite difficult!!

Mainly play FUT.

I find jumping into Career mode the best way to learn. think i lost first 1 and took a few to score but seem to be doing ok now 18 games in top 3. Playing World Class, always start until i learn the game.

I find 1 on 1s alot different this year, it seems if you want to place a shot pass the keeper you have to slow the player down, probably more realistic but a bit harder to score. Long range shots again seem fine to me hit a few that will go in and a few that just miss.

Corners i am having trouble scoring, got the odd one but its not as easy to connect.

Played a couple online FUT to find my level found myself playing against people with shit hot sides against my makeshift BPL team, i haven't got ultimate edition as it didnt seem worthwhile from past experiance.

Like with any game of fifa, the changes will need to get used to but still enjoy it. I have been off all week and played about 1-2 hours a day, will proper play online once i have completed season 1.

PS- For Charlton i did experiment in a couple of pre-seasons but i just play a flat 442, if i haven't scored go 352 or 4132. set up tactics, defend i have them pressing on loose touches. Cant remember the rest of my tactics but set up to play quick fluent football
  • If anyone is looking for some young players for career mode, here are some suggestions:

Brahim Diaz (winger)
    Zakaria Bakkali (winger)
    Angel Gomes (CAM, possibly the best player on the game at his peak)
    Ethan Ampadu (CB - amazing even at 65 rating)
    Christian Fruchtl (GK, very cheap)
    Svilar (GK, but not this year cos I still can't pronounce his name in my head)
    Tyler Roberts (my new favourite striker now that Johnny Russell is over the hill)
    Denis Zakkaria (What Paul Pogba would be if he wasn't a dick).
  • I am so shit at this game and normally pretty good at FIFA.

Mainly play FUT.

Agree with JohnnyBev, but would also add that I improved at Career Mode by doing the training challenges. It was a chore to spend 2 hours on them, but I came back to my Charlton game and smashed a few goals in so it helped.

Can't claim that my tactics are any better or worse, just that you need to play accordingly and not forget what you've set up.