Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA 19 (The Computer Game)

Comments

• JiMMy 85 said:

Red_James said:

Anyone played this yet? I will be picking up my copy on the way home tonight!

I spent 3.99 on Early Access last week cos I was bored. I was suposed to get 10 hours. Played two online Seasons games with a mate, enjoyed it, found it to be about 5% different in gameplay terms.

Went to play it again, and apparently 2 hours equals 10 hours, at least according to EA.
    Did you check to see if it was 10 hours spread or anything.

Could be like hotel wifi once you start you get it for 10 hours then it goes, no stopping and starting
  • Played it with a mate and lost every match so far. Fuck.
  • Showed my boy a video of sensible soccer on the commodore yesterday.

His face resembled a similar expression to the one I pulled when my dad showed me a wooden top.

Sensi, happy days😊
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Red_James said:

Anyone played this yet? I will be picking up my copy on the way home tonight!

I spent 3.99 on Early Access last week cos I was bored. I was suposed to get 10 hours. Played two online Seasons games with a mate, enjoyed it, found it to be about 5% different in gameplay terms.

Went to play it again, and apparently 2 hours equals 10 hours, at least according to EA.
    Did you check to see if it was 10 hours spread or anything.

Could be like hotel wifi once you start you get it for 10 hours then it goes, no stopping and starting
    Good shout but that’s not how it works with Access. You have to be careful to close the game (I’ve still got two hours left on Battlefront which I can use if I can’t find the disk). I turned it on a few days later and it said “you have 45 mins remaining” and I didn’t even get to use that!

I know I closed the game cos a mate turned up after our second Seasons game and we immediatlaye played COD MW2 for old times’ sake.
  • Just can't seem to get the hang of this, we're trying online seasons and nothing seems to be going our way!
  • RedRyan said:

Just can't seem to get the hang of this, we're trying online seasons and nothing seems to be going our way!

Haven't played the new one yet but I always found it difficult to play Co-op. Seemed to always be on a different wavelength to whoever I was playing with, especially defensively.
  • I've always been very good at Fifa but finding this one a lot tougher, especially at lower league level it's very difficult to break teams down on World Class.
  • No rules match by far the best thing about it up til now!
  • Considering downloading but at £60 seems mental.

What happened to £34.99 a game 😂

I think I cared less when I wasn't a parent about game prices.
  • Sponsored links:

• I find the shooting frustratingly powderpuff this season, even guys like Icardi and Dybala are spongefooting the ball towards the goal.

Also, bicycle kicks can do one, half the goals I have conceded so far in user v user have been bloody bicycle kicks, usually with a player like Nzonzi or Verthongen, someone you know doesn't have that in their locker
  • Dazzler21 said:

Considering downloading but at £60 seems mental.

Try CDKeys.com... website is legit and can often get a good deal as got it on PC for £40 yesterday
  • Dazzler21 said:

With the improvements being quite limited every season, it would be nice if EA gave the option to only pay £20 and get a squad and kit update. Because, let’s be honest, that’s what a lot of people buy it for every year.

But we know that EA will keep pedalling out the same stuff with the same bugs every year because they know people will buy it, and they need all the profit from FUT.
  • Dazzler21 said:

I can't understand why it costs £15 more to download .. than it does to purchase from every over seller
  • Not Fifa but i wish EA would take their head out of their arses and bring out a new fight night. Only game I have ever had to trade in due to RSI on both thumbs!!
  • Played like five games so far. Just scored my first goal. Ben Reeves with an 89' back post header for us to beat Luton 0-1. Thinking maybe I should switch passing assistance to semi-assisted.

I like what they're trying to do with tactics. It's like they said, "Hey SDA, what have you wanted to see improve for the last decade?" But just going on first impression, it feels like new features often do: some good things but still a lot of kinks. Like when I play with a midfield diamond the back three midfielders all end up in a row, or just kind of dragged all over the place. Fullbacks kind of seem to do whatever they want.

But I'd still say A for effort. It's usually after a year or two that improvements really start to kick in. Tactics in recent years felt very stodgy and predictable, so I'm glad they've tried to do it.
  • Can you still download old versions on Xbox One or should I go to one of those exchange stores and just buy a game? My eldest is 7 and getting into football more (we don’t have Xbox live subscription so would only play together or on his own)
  • SDAddick said:

Played like five games so far. Just scored my first goal. Ben Reeves with an 89' back post header for us to beat Luton 0-1. Thinking maybe I should switch passing assistance to semi-assisted.

I like what they're trying to do with tactics. It's like they said, "Hey SDA, what have you wanted to see improve for the last decade?" But just going on first impression, it feels like new features often do: some good things but still a lot of kinks. Like when I play with a midfield diamond the back three midfielders all end up in a row, or just kind of dragged all over the place. Fullbacks kind of seem to do whatever they want.

But I'd still say A for effort. It's usually after a year or two that improvements really start to kick in. Tactics in recent years felt very stodgy and predictable, so I'm glad they've tried to do it.

I can’t tell if that’s because we are supposed to spend more time on the tactics pre-game. As soon as I dick around with that stuff my team turns to shit anyway.

Last night when Shrewsbury played a 16 pass (mostly one touch) move with a 20 yard finish from a back heel assist, I figured I might never play career mode again anyway.
  • Not Fifa but i wish EA would take their head out of their arses and bring out a new fight night. Only game I have ever had to trade in due to RSI on both thumbs!!

Champion is on BC now so that’s something.
  • Sponsored links:

• Signed Karlan Grant on FUT... Not a bad cheap Striker and bloody fast
  • I got it Thursday night, was going to get in the morning but woke up midnight so went down to Tesco.

Played a few games on ultimate team against the computer, early feel seems good but need to get used to it. Normally play career mode before going proper online 1
  • Purchased it today, started with Jonjo in my FUT
  • Started a career today. Aribo, Igor, Pratley are the stand out players for me. Page a surprise package. Time to get this team back into the Prem!
  • Love the fact there is now an ‘Ultimate’ difficulty to make it more challenging for regular players.

Started a new career with Villarreal as they’ve completed revamped La Liga with all stadiums included. Won my first four games and had the chance to join Athletico Madrid straight away.

Turned it down and got thrashed at home by Glasgow Rangers in the Europa League...
  • cafctom said:

Love the fact there is now an ‘Ultimate’ difficulty to make it more challenging for regular players.

Started a new career with Villarreal as they’ve completed revamped La Liga with all stadiums included. Won my first four games and had the chance to join Athletico Madrid straight away.

Turned it down and got thrashed at home by Glasgow Rangers in the Europa League...

Bit annoying when you come up against a 2 star team that absolutely ping the ball around and smash 30 yard worldies into the top corner whilst your players can't pass more than 6 yards without fucking it up
  • I don't bother with FUT. I just want to enjoy the game.

Anyone who doesn't play with Charlton or play as a player at Charlton, well they ain't proper Charlton I tell ye.
  • Always go with the promoted team from the conference, Macclesfield Town, just signed Gorgeous George T on a free (67) scored on debut😊
  • Any tips on players to sign for charlton ? I got Cousins back for 750k
  • Defending is very difficult it seems. Playing online and people just waltz through my defence whilst I struggle to change player quick enough, but I cant ever do the same to them