Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA 19 (The Computer Game)

Comments

• I can’t be bothered with fut I just go on seasons

Is seasons like the old PES Master League... play and buy/sell? If so, might give it a whirl. What's a good difficulty to play the computer? Haven't done that since about PES6...

I did the first Alex Hunter mode in FIFA '17 and quite enjoyed the story, is that any good?

Is seasons like the old PES Master League... play and buy/sell? If so, might give it a whirl. What's a good difficulty to play the computer? Haven't done that since about PES6...

I did the first Alex Hunter mode in FIFA '17 and quite enjoyed the story, is that any good?
    I start World class normally, isn't too hard but sometimes takes a few games to beat the AL, alternatively start professional if you are winning 3-4nil every game then move up.

Just like a normal career mode where you can sign players, play.

haven't played for a few weeks, but normally like career mode and just play a few seasons or alex hunter (haven't looked at yet this year)

No - Career Mode is FIFA's Master League. Except it's fully licensed and fixtures are realistic (although Charlton did have to play on a Friday and Saturday in my second season).

Seasons is an online mode. You start in division ten, choose any real club, use them to play ten games against other humans online. You have a points target to hit and if you hit it, you get promoted. You play against other people who are roughly in your level of division.

I briefly tried Alex Hunter, just didn't see the point. It was mostly designed to showcase the game engine from what I could tell. EA are getting a kicking for not updating Career Mode much over the last few years (it doesn't make money and FUT makes millions) but it has been tweaked every year over the last decade, so it's light years ahead of where Master League was in the 2000s.
  • I’m wondering if anybody can help me out with something - I’ve accrued a lot of coins over the years that I can spend in the catalogue. Can they be spent on anything else? Are they any use in online game modes?
  • JiMMy 85 said:

I’m wondering if anybody can help me out with something - I’ve accrued a lot of coins over the years that I can spend in the catalogue. Can they be spent on anything else? Are they any use in online game modes?

If you play FUT get the coin boosts x1000 per game played or the transfer like increases
  • Not played it since RDR came out.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Not played it since RDR came out.

Cool story bro :wink:
  • cs1986 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

I’m wondering if anybody can help me out with something - I’ve accrued a lot of coins over the years that I can spend in the catalogue. Can they be spent on anything else? Are they any use in online game modes?

If you play FUT get the coin boosts x1000 per game played or the transfer like increases
    I've got 400k - If I started playing FUT would that get me very far?
  • JiMMy 85 said:

cs1986 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

No- The coins you have accumulated you can only use as extra for coin boosts, get loan players, extras in career mode. Not proper FUT coins unfortunately but you can get some good loanees for 7 games
  • the ea points things will be good for like 25-30 loan players and about 80k worth of coins, but it'll take 120+ games to unlock them
  • Sponsored links:

• JiMMy 85 said:

cs1986 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

https://www.fifauteam.com/fifa-19-catalogue-items-ultimate-team/
  • Thanks for explaining it Steve/ Johnny. I would try FUT if my accumulated wealth of coins was in some way helpful. I'll go back to CM...

Speaking of which - season three, 24 games played - I'm fourth in the table. Palace are, inexplicably, second.

Fortunately, I just beat them 6-1 at The Valley. My biggest ever win in a PL game on FIFA as far as I know. Didn't retry or change the settings or anything. I just concentrated very. Fucking. Hard.

And it was glorious.

https://streamable.com/dnprx
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Thanks for explaining it Steve/ Johnny. I would try FUT if my accumulated wealth of coins was in some way helpful. I'll go back to CM...

Speaking of which - season three, 24 games played - I'm fourth in the table. Palace are, inexplicably, second.

Fortunately, I just beat them 6-1 at The Valley. My biggest ever win in a PL game on FIFA as far as I know. Didn't retry or change the settings or anything. I just concentrated very. Fucking. Hard.

And it was glorious.

https://streamable.com/dnprx

Nice i played mine yesterday first time in a while, top of championship but all very close. Got Brewster (switch with taylor/grant) , Arsenal youngster Rowe, italian keeper. Looking pretty decent
  • I had Alphonos Davies on the bench for most the season. Then gave him a chance. Turns out he's the best player I have ever bought on FIFA. He's incredible.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

I had Alphonos Davies on the bench for most the season. Then gave him a chance. Turns out he's the best player I have ever bought on FIFA. He's incredible.

Never heard of him, will have to see what i can get him for although January 2020 so might have gone up. Looks decent
  • I found him on some online list and bought him, then heard him being talked about on a podcast last week and figured I'd give him a debut. He's basically Ronaldo.
  • edited November 2018
    Alphonso Davies. Not sure about Fifa but he’s a good player in real life. Plays in the MLS but has already signed for Bayern Munich, joins in January
  • Alphonso Davies. Not sure about Fifa but he’s a good player in real life. Plays in the MLS but has already signed for Bayern Munich, joins in January

£10m for a 17 year old is no small amount either
  • If you're still busy wasting your money on loan signings, I could see why that would be a problem!
  • Help me out guys, loaded it up, gone into match as Juve v PSG. My boy has been the goalkeeper for 20 mins.

How do you change players???? Never seen a PS4 controller before so be basic with me
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2018

Help me out guys, loaded it up, gone into match as Juve v PSG. My boy has been the goalkeeper for 20 mins.

How do you change players???? Never seen a PS4 controller before so be basic with me

Press the big rectangle on the front of the control.

I accidently did it myself a few times when i started playing fifa 19
  • shine166 said:

Just got this in a pack

Well done? Never heard of them
  • edited January 2019
    Quite enjoying the career mode as Charlton manager (never played it before), been cautious with transfers but brought in a big lump up top from Luton (James Collins) only for him to immediately do his ACL. He was a bit of a donkey though. Also think I'm massively overpaying him based on how negotiations went - that's new to me too. Saving my £3m budget for some Championship splurges, hopefully - but I barely know any players so it's hard to find anyone!

Top of the league around Xmas but started drawing a load of games recently (world class difficulty) so now only there on GD, limped out of the league cup on pens after beating Swansea. Doing well in the Checkatrade though, but what a bloody waste of time that is... maybe a Wembley visit on the cards though.

Training is a bit of a drag but it seems like you have to do it. No one has been particularly prolific for me up front - barely scored at all with Taylor actually, have started to play Ward instead, but am grinding out wins/draws.

Of that Charlton team so far I've found...
    Good: Marshall, Sarr, Pratley (always gets MoM!), Fosu, Ward
    Not so good: Taylor, Aribo, Cullen, Dijksteel (doesn't play much, but he's toilet)

When I change 'game plan' it seems to shuffle all my positions up, anyone else get that?

Edit: Oh yeah, and Hackett-Fairchild seems to think he should play despite being about 15 attribute-points behind my 4th choice striker in Ajose. He's off in Jan, no time for that.
  • i am into 2nd season in Championship with Charlton, enjoy the career mode but just started one as one player - Jordan Sancho which i think i have played around 20 games, 5 goals 17assists, they still throw in the miss a game early on which is annoying but hopefully i am getting selected for the more crucial games now, although inte UCL they went out as 2nd leg they didnt play me vs Real , we had won first leg 3-1 with me :neutral:

training i find a bit annoying, have gone through phases of doing it and it does boost the younger players ratings so its worthwhile but also a bit long winded even skipping it. The alternate game plans are pointless and annoying, on paper i did have different formations selected but now just find it shuffles the positions up too much and would rather just manually do it myself.

The Charlton season i have a few good players i have signed and top of the Championship playing 3-5-2 mainly but strikers have always scored quite a few for me.
  • Quite enjoying the career mode as Charlton manager (never played it before), been cautious with transfers but brought in a big lump up top from Luton (James Collins) only for him to immediately do his ACL. He was a bit of a donkey though. Also think I'm massively overpaying him based on how negotiations went - that's new to me too. Saving my £3m budget for some Championship splurges, hopefully - but I barely know any players so it's hard to find anyone!

Top of the league around Xmas but started drawing a load of games recently (world class difficulty) so now only there on GD, limped out of the league cup on pens after beating Swansea. Doing well in the Checkatrade though, but what a bloody waste of time that is... maybe a Wembley visit on the cards though.

Training is a bit of a drag but it seems like you have to do it. No one has been particularly prolific for me up front - barely scored at all with Taylor actually, have started to play Ward instead, but am grinding out wins/draws.

Not so good: Taylor, Aribo, Cullen, Dijksteel (doesn't play much, but he's toilet)

When I change 'game plan' it seems to shuffle all my positions up, anyone else get that?

Edit: Oh yeah, and Hackett-Fairchild seems to think he should play despite being about 15 attribute-points behind my 4th choice striker in Ajose. He's off in Jan, no time for that.

I'm not sure if they have changed it but your transfer budget gets swiped every season and it doesn't accumulate to the next, I made the mistake of doing that and when I started the new season only had 2 mill in the championship thinking it would be closer to 5. Best thing I do is put all the transfer budgets towards wages and look for good players who's contracts are expiring and sign them for free more or less in January the following season, that way the club's budgets won't struggle and you can afford players on big wages for a clean slate next season with the transfer budget you would have anyway
  • shine166 said:

Just got this in a pack

Well done? Never heard of them
    *him
  • Someone mentioned defenders' ability to catch your forwards in a 1-v-1 situation and it's so frustrating.

The new tactics settings are...better, but still have a lot of kinks. I find the Fast Build Up one just about unplayable. Basically, after a couple passes at the back everyone runs to the edge of the final third and stands on the shoulder of the last man. I'm still not fully used to manual passing so it's basically a long ball over the top or you give it away.

I feel like the game is harder this year, and that's good. Attacking seems to be less pace-based, which is probably good, although they over-corrected in my opinion. The AI still seems to have an impressive ability to press without getting tired and knock the ball around well, but it's not as bad as last season where Bury played like Barcelona.

As with everything FIFA, it usually takes 2-3 years to iron out the kinks.
  • That said, glad they've added Morgan. AMB is back, but only 5'7", and RHF is 5'9". Both had the same problem last year. Both are 6'2/3".
  • Quite enjoying the career mode as Charlton manager (never played it before), been cautious with transfers but brought in a big lump up top from Luton (James Collins) only for him to immediately do his ACL. He was a bit of a donkey though. Also think I'm massively overpaying him based on how negotiations went - that's new to me too. Saving my £3m budget for some Championship splurges, hopefully - but I barely know any players so it's hard to find anyone!

There are 5 game plans in game. Default is your starting game plan. If you go into tactics, you can also change up all the other game plans.

When I play online, I have all my game plans set up differently, depending on what I need. So this stops me having to go into tactics to attack more, or sit back a bit more to protect a lead.

It is confusing at first though, because if your team plays a default 4-5-1, and you change it to 4-4-2 pre-game, but then you change to attacking in game, it will revert to a more attacking version of the original 4-5-1 (often moving players to different positions) as your attacking game plan hasn't been updated.

Bit long winded, but hope that helps.