Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

EDP - Flashback piece

Hi all

When opening the Eastern Daily Press earlier in the pub I was delighted to find a double page spread devoted to our 4-0 win vs the Canaries at Carrow Road in 1997.

Haven’t been able to find an online version to link here, but wanted to share the joy anyway

:)

Anybody else out this way see it?

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Saw it live. Mendonca first half hat trick and a towering header from Chapple from a corner.
  • Options
    I was there too, drove up with a mate. Had a few quid on Mendonca for first goal. Picking up out winnings after the game and the lady serving said that someone had a fiver on Mendonca first goal and 3 0 Charlton. They must have been gutted when Chappell popped up in the last minute to score.

Spent the winnings in a local curry house and while we were in, Robert Fleck sat at the table behind us.

My mate hasn’t noticed him and after a bit the guy at the next table saw the programme and asked us the score. He then said “I take it you’re Norwich fans”

My had who’d had a few beers by then replied “leave off, I thought Charlton were shit but Norwich are fucking shit”

Fleck lifted his head and looked like he was about to say something but looked at my mate, seemed to change his mind and carried on eating his meal.
  • Options
    Am I the only one who thought that this thread would be about a far right group!
  • Options

Am I the only one who thought that this thread would be about a far right group!

I thought "Energy supplier"
  • Options
    I thought "Erection problems".

• Options

No - me too! But I was there.

• Options
    I thought it was about having a sixth sense
  • Options
    Being a man of style, I immediately thought Eau De parfum.
  • Options

I was there too, drove up with a mate. Had a few quid on Mendonca for first goal. Picking up out winnings after the game and the lady serving said that someone had a fiver on Mendonca first goal and 3 0 Charlton. They must have been gutted when Chappell popped up in the last minute to score.

Spent the winnings in a local curry house and while we were in, Robert Fleck sat at the table behind us.

My mate hasn’t noticed him and after a bit the guy at the next table saw the programme and asked us the score. He then said “I take it you’re Norwich fans”

My had who’d had a few beers by then replied “leave off, I thought Charlton were shit but Norwich are fucking shit”

Fleck lifted his head and looked like he was about to say something but looked at my mate, seemed to change his mind and carried on eating his meal.

Looked Fleck up on the back of this to see what he's up to now. Bloody good bloke by all accounts... http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/from-norwich-city-football-hero-to-teaching-assistant-here-s-robert-fleck-s-inspirational-story-1-4454334