Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bradford v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• clb74 said:

At the game today not f@cking happy ask the wife.
    Should of dispatched of bradford a lot easier, again made f@cking hard work of the win
    Unhappy in Bromley

We won cheer up you miserable sod lol
    B@llocks now back in hotel room.
    Up till our 2nd they were still in the game, we should of smashed bradford today
  • This is heartwarming and probably expalins about the good teamwork and how they get on together as a few of them know each other As Bowyer said in the Q&A this is the player he wanted the most to sign.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2018

Cafc43v3r said:

Cafc43v3r said:

Cafc43v3r said:

Couldn’t go today, but I believe there is typically a very large gap between the attendance and the actual crowd at Bradford, bigger even than at Charlton. That’s not to say it doesn’t work for them, but the announced numbers are not representative.

I would say it was the emptiest I have seen it in the last few years. Impressive attendance none the less.
    As suggested by the fact they seem to have shut the away end?
    We sat where we sat today back in the Premier league, couldn't they sell it out then?
    If they shut a stand then presumably not, but that’s not my recollection.
    The game we lost there 1-0, I think Robbie Blake scored, we sat on the side.

Also the game v Stockport I went to there the away fans where we we were. But you know best Rick, you always do.

BTW it's nice of you to come on here and say what a great result it was, oh you didn't you were too busy trying to make some pointless dig.
    We sat behind the goal in 2000/01. That was my recollection and that’s where the tickets were, according to the programme at the time.

It’s not in any sense a dig at Bradford or anyone else - I’m just pointing out the crowd figure isn’t accurate, just as it isn’t at Charlton.
    I don't get what your point of brining it up in the first place was, Bradford had fantastic home support today, as they always do. Supported by a progressive view to season ticket pricing, which I believe you support?

I just find it sad that you are more interested in politcial point scoring than celebrating a fantastic performance.
    Not really sure why you are needlessly digging him out. All he did was say that Bradford’s turnstile count is known for being vastly away from stated attendance (due to their cheap season ticket policy).

You might not like him but at least have a pop when there is something justifiable to have a pop at!
    Agreed. Cafc43v3r has made himself look rather foolish. Commenting on Bradford's attendance figures can in no sane way be described as political point scoring & I'm not expecting the subject to come up on Question Time anytime soon.
  • edited September 2018

Cafc43v3r said:

Cafc43v3r said:

Cafc43v3r said:

Couldn’t go today, but I believe there is typically a very large gap between the attendance and the actual crowd at Bradford, bigger even than at Charlton. That’s not to say it doesn’t work for them, but the announced numbers are not representative.

I would say it was the emptiest I have seen it in the last few years. Impressive attendance none the less.
    As suggested by the fact they seem to have shut the away end?
    We sat where we sat today back in the Premier league, couldn't they sell it out then?
    If they shut a stand then presumably not, but that’s not my recollection.
    The game we lost there 1-0, I think Robbie Blake scored, we sat on the side.

Also the game v Stockport I went to there the away fans where we we were. But you know best Rick, you always do.

BTW it's nice of you to come on here and say what a great result it was, oh you didn't you were too busy trying to make some pointless dig.
    We sat behind the goal in 2000/01. That was my recollection and that’s where the tickets were, according to the programme at the time.

It’s not in any sense a dig at Bradford or anyone else - I’m just pointing out the crowd figure isn’t accurate, just as it isn’t at Charlton.
    I don't get what your point of brining it up in the first place was, Bradford had fantastic home support today, as they always do. Supported by a progressive view to season ticket pricing, which I believe you support?

I just find it sad that you are more interested in politcial point scoring than celebrating a fantastic performance.
    Not really sure why you are needlessly digging him out. All he did was say that Bradford’s turnstile count is known for being vastly away from stated attendance (due to their cheap season ticket policy).

You might not like him but at least have a pop when there is something justifiable to have a pop at!
    Agreed. Cafc43v3r has made himself look rather foolish. Commenting on Bradford's attendance figures can in no sane way be described as political point scoring & I'm not expecting the subject to come up on Question Time anytime soon.
    You obviously didnt watch it on Thursday :wink:
  • Just got in and have to say I really enjoyed the day out in Bradford. First time I’ve seen us this season and was wholly impressed with the tenacity that Bowyer has instilled in the team, the willingness to put a foot in and battle. Soft we’re not.

To top off an already decent day I got my customary hug off the delectable and enchanting @Fanny Fanackapan .
    What more could an Addick ask for?

Is the answer, "a hand job as well"?
  • Interesting marks for Aribo on the other thread.
    They vary from our best player to our worst player.

I think he’s gonna turn into a very good player. So comfortable with the ball at his feet. Felt he did okay today, but he and reeves probably aren’t the best two together in a diamond.
  • edited September 2018

Way too much positivity on this thread.....

While I share everyone's excitement at the way things are shaping up, how do we know RD will not sell Taylor and Fosu in the January window?

A rational answer would be that the club will be more valuable and saleable if we get promoted (or even come very close to promoted) but RD is not motivated by reason but by short-term greed, self-delusion, and spite.

• redman said:

ross1 said:

That winning feeling... 😁 #cafc

Love that passion by Cullen, nice to have a player on loan that clearly cares
    Season long loans often care. I don't think you could accuse Amos or DaSilva of not caring! Short term loans are generally a waste of time agreed
    I didn't say they didn't, I was a big fan of Amos and DaSilva. On the flip side I have also seen my fair share of bad loanees. Was just an observation from the picture. As you were
  • 3 points away from home is always good.

Watched Quest and the goals looked good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Great win !!!!!
    Maybe Bow should make them all tuck their shirts in like Cullen...
  • Two very good clinically finished goals, totally different to the scrappy efforts last week. But whether top drawer or scrappy, they all count, and to have our team actually creating chances and putting them away is a step up on what we were enduring under Robinson and Slade.

Agree Bowyer and Gallen have done a good recruitment job and I'm feeling more optimistic than I have done for some time.

Best I've seen him play yesterday. All round game is improving. Cullen was the best player on the pitch though.
  • Wonder what Markg80 will say after they play Peterborough, should be an interesting read.
  • They are starting to look like a partnership which is promising and a massive bonus. Partnerships are much harder to stop.