Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bradford v Charlton | Sat 15 Sept | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Have a feeling this season will be full of ups and downs. With yet more injuries this will be tough. New manager bounce, 2-0 Bradford.
  • Options
    Could be very close this one ... 2-3 Addicks win
  • Options
    1-3 win
    See you all up there.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Probably right about Bow having a few more grey hairs but - Christ - someone’s had a few pies since their playing days finished!
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Two - one away win

Grant and Ward on target
  • Options
    3-1 loss
  • Options
    Addicks to win by 1 goal.
  • Options
    First game of the season for me so looking forward to how LB has us playing. I spoke to a mate today who has a season ticket at Bradford and she said ‘enjoy the easiest three points you’ll get all season’. Seems they’ve been dire so far this season. So cue a 3-0 home win.
  • Options
    LB said in the interview that we need Ward cutting in from the left, so I'm guessing we are playing the diamond. Not sure who is gonna be at the base of it though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck to the team, 1-0 to us will do. Respect to our fans making the journey, do us proud! (as you always do!) COYRs
  • Options
    By going off of the snippets of information that Bowyer has given to us and from watching a few things on social media. I think that we will play a diamond tomorrow but it will be different to what people might expect.

I can actually see things being...

Steer
    Solly Bauer Pearce Page
    Cullen
    Reeves Aribo
    Ward
    Grant Taylor

Phillips, Dijksteel, Sarr, Morgan, Lapslie, Marshall, Vetokele

This formation and the personnel involved will easily be able to drop into a 4-3-3 with Grant going out wide right when we don’t have the ball, but also have that license to roam out there when attacking as he does like to do. Ward would drift from the left hand side coming into the number ten position where we will almost have two number tens with Reeves with him, behind the front two, and with Page pushing on to provide the width on the left hand side. I do think it could be a little lop sided and over reliant on our left creating chances for us, but at the same time it has plenty of pace, fluidity, players able to dribble with the ball and players very capable of playing too.

The worry is the lack of natural sitting and ball winning midfielder away from home, but with that midfield four all very capable of putting in the hard graft covering the ground, which Bowyer looks for, it could make up for that lack of type of player.

Bradford City 1-3 Charlton Athletic

Taylor
    Ward
    Pearce
  • Options
    Sage said:

By going off of the snippets of information that Bowyer has given to us and from watching a few things on social media. I think that we will play a diamond tomorrow but it will be different to what people might expect.

I can actually see things being...

Steer
    Solly Bauer Pearce Page
    Cullen
    Reeves Aribo
    Ward
    Grant Taylor

Phillips, Dijksteel, Sarr, Morgan, Lapslie, Marshall, Vetokele

This formation and the personnel involved will easily be able to drop into a 4-3-3 with Grant going out wide right when we don’t have the ball, but also have that license to roam out there when attacking as he does like to do. Ward would drift from the left hand side coming into the number ten position where we will almost have two number tens with Reeves with him, behind the front two, and with Page pushing on to provide the width on the left hand side. I do think it could be a little lop sided and over reliant on our left creating chances for us, but at the same time it has plenty of pace, fluidity, players able to dribble with the ball and players very capable of playing too.

The worry is the lack of natural sitting and ball winning midfielder away from home, but with that midfield four all very capable of putting in the hard graft covering the ground, which Bowyer looks for, it could make up for that lack of type of player.

Bradford City 1-3 Charlton Athletic

Taylor
    Ward
    Pearce
    The problem with a diamond is we have played it quite often and if Bradford line up with 5 in the middle, they will overrun us.

We also have no idea how they will line up as they have a new manager, (which is why I think there is a new manager bounce). A 3-5-2 can be a very flexible system and we have the players that can adapt to this so could be the way to go.

Personally, I would go for a straight forward 4-4-2. All players understand it and we have better players. Keep it tight and decide at half time how you may change it.
  • Options
    Forgot to add that I would drop Reeves from your team and play Ward out left and Lapslie right.
  • Options
    Away win 2-0 nice and comfortable.
  • Options
    Woke up this morning feeling fine...
    COYR
  • Options
    We'll win this. Bradford have been poor this season.
  • Options
    Can't see past a 5-0 defeat.
  • Options
    Avoid M11
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:

Forgot to add that I would drop Reeves from your team and play Ward out left and Lapslie right.

I also would have Lapslie starting too, I just named what I think Bowyer might do today.

We have played a diamond quite often but we have played 3 at the back just as much. Last week Bradford played a flat 4-4-2 and with being at home, I very much doubt they will play 5 in midfield.

Either way, it’ll be interesting to see how we line up today.
  • Options
    Was going to drive up, but car problems (instruments packed up completely) made me turn back and go home

On that basis, we'll win 9-0 with Solly getting a hattrick
  • Options
    Watched Hopkins first game in charge vs Blackpool. So lucky to be 2-0 up, and then to lose it late in the worst manner.

Played a very static 3-5-2. I think we will be fine whatever formation. Payne the only threat. If Scanell is back and David Ball makes his full debut they might be a bit improved. But with Josh Wright out they are in total worse off than us with injuries.

Bradford 1 - Charlton 3
  • Options
    Leeds station has been full of Palace. Bloody stinks of piss and dribble.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

LB said in the interview that we need Ward cutting in from the left, so I'm guessing we are playing the diamond. Not sure who is gonna be at the base of it though

Doesn’t that suggest playing with wide players? Wouldn’t be surprised if we go 4-4-2.
  • Options
    2-2 or we might just nick a 2-1 or 3-2
  • Options
    After 2 straight wins a draw wouldn't be too shabby BUT let's make it 3 wins on the bounce and the feel good factor continues on the pitch IF not off it.
  • Options
    I really enjoyed the away game last season with @RedChaser and his son and cousin.

It was the first time I’d heard us sing ‘woke up this morning feeling fine’, loved it.

I think we’ll sneak this one again 1-0. Grant to score.
  • Options
    The lads have landed in Bradford...

We’ll have team news coming up at 2pm. #cafc

• Options
    Smart new black & grey away kit ....ideal for freezing cold weather at northern matches, like Bradford today.