Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor going pink in October

Comments

• I'll be in London that day and I'm hoping to help Lyle out by rattling a bucket after deciding dying my hair pink was step to far.
  • This has actually made me well up! This little boy is something special! ❤ #pinkhairdontcare #cafc https://t.co/XkHiKYkCdq
  • GNelson said:

I would sign 500 lyles and I would sign 500 more, just to be the man who signed a thousand lyles to make sure we Charlton will score... Lyle Taylor (Lyle Taylor)
    Lyle Taylor (Lyle Taylor)
    Lyle Taylor Taylor Taylor tay-la-la

Fantastic!

Think it scans a bit better with “Charlton” instead of “we”.
  • Lyle brings a bit of fun into football.
  • Oggy Red said:

Lyle Taylor is sponsoring the Womens team home match v Crystal Palace.

And Nicky Ajose is also sponsoring their home game with Spurs, and Igor Vetokele sponsoring their next home game v Oxford, on Sunday.

The 1st team squad and management team together are also sponsoring games.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5bc47f4151cf3/addicks-players-sponsor-charlton-athletic-womens-team-games

I think it's great to see the Charlton 1st team involved with supporting the womens team.

Sheffield United
  • Oggy Red said:

Lyle Taylor is sponsoring the Womens team home match v Crystal Palace.

And Nicky Ajose is also sponsoring their home game with Spurs, and Igor Vetokele sponsoring their next home game v Oxford, on Sunday.

The 1st team squad and management team together are also sponsoring games.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5bc47f4151cf3/addicks-players-sponsor-charlton-athletic-womens-team-games

I think it's great to see the Charlton 1st team involved with supporting the womens team.

Sheffield United
    Oh, yeah .... thanks, Forever.

• Sponsored links:

• I thought Taylor was outstanding today. He caused Barnsley all sort of problems and led the line perfectly. His hold up play for the first goal was class and his assist for Grant was perfectly weighted pass.

Can’t believe he was available on a free transfer.

What I am trying to say is that Taylor is class at league one level.

He wasn't free. He was out of contract.
  • I thought Taylor was outstanding today. He caused Barnsley all sort of problems and led the line perfectly. His hold up play for the first goal was class and his assist for Grant was perfectly weighted pass.

Talking to my Womble mate in the week he was v disappointed to lose him but had heard their powers-that-be wanted rid as he was a disruptive influence in the dressing room. Really?!

Talking to my Womble mate in the week he was v disappointed to lose him but had heard their powers-that-be wanted rid as he was a disruptive influence in the dressing room. Really?!
    Perhaps he was "too big for them". He doesn't strike me as the shy type.
  • edited October 2018
    Lyle Taylor is a big character who relishes playing for CAFC. Why he turned down Sunderland may be as much to do with the cold easterly wind for the boy from Monserrat. (I know he was born in Greenwich) but Monserrat is his family roots and sounds more exotic.
    Lyle is the quintessential journeyman who has played for 14 clubs (many on loan) before coming home at 28.

His support of the Cafc women's team and his overall play has endeared him to the Cafc fanbase, but I have a question ?

Why can Lyle miss sitters, Coventry and Barnsley and is still loved yet Grant misses or make bad decisions and is casticated or should be dropped by some on CL or at the ground. Both Karlan and Lyle has nearly identical stats, scoring 7 and 2 + 3 assists.

There are a great partnership and Lyle is a breath of fresh air to the halitosis of the Douchebag era BUT, can Karlan be encouraged even when things don't go for him.

I predict that Robinson's Oxford will defend deep and try to negate Grant's pace, unlike Barnsley who came to attack. I would then use Karlan as more of a winger and get crosses into the box for Taylor's superior heading ability.

The young 17 year old KAG thrown in the deep end is at 21 becoming a good League 1 striker. I Grant you it has taken time. Let's show love to both our wonderful strikers.

Gets off soapbox.
  • edited October 2018
    You talk about Lyle being liked more than other players yet its ironic as was having the same conversation with those around me after the game yesterday

Dont know who else stuck around but they'd have seen Taylor taking an age to get off the pitch (surprised Bowyer didnt send a search party) as he applauded the fans and went up to a few fans in the East and North Stands to shake a few hands and have a photo taken - No one else did it, yet not to pick on anyone at the club, its something you dont see from many professional players these days

What he did though will have put him up in the eyes of many fans as he's someone who appreciates us so gets the respect in return

Means that when he misses chances he'll get let off more as he makes the effort on and off the pitch to integrate themselves (i.e. If people have read the Campbell-Ryce article they'll hear of players who are tied down to a three year contract and dont care if they're playing or not, Taylor doesnt seem to have that attitude and wants to give something back) - Makes you wonder why other players dont do it more themselves as its not difficult to appear to care
  • edited October 2018
    My question was in a way retorical as you say FA, he has a personality which resonates with the fans which puts him in credit. This helps when you miss chances plus his work rate has gone up since his first few games. (Bowyer and JJ both worked on this according to Lyle)
    I guess Karlan is still maturing and having a role model like Taylor on and off the pitch can only speed up his development.
  • While I'll confess to never have seen him play live other than on the tv every week, he's fast becoming a proper Charlton player. His all round work ethic and that accompanied by no little skill and his goals that go along with that, also he's endeared himself to the fans with his work off the pitch. If he continues the same way into the future he'll be mentioned in the same breath as Jacko, Mendonca, Kinsella etc.
  • He was absolutely gutted to miss that tap in. He could t believe it and neither could we. Right in front of the covered end as well. But the fact he was so gutted is to his credit.
  • Sponsored links:

• When Taylor signed I was pretty underwhelmed but having seen him play I don't understand why he hasn't played at a higher level. Love his attitude and his style of play.
  • He was an eye catching player before, I thought he would be a good signing, but didn't expect him to be this good, and in terms of sheer presence he is pretty awesome.
  • edited October 2018

When Taylor signed I was pretty underwhelmed but having seen him play I don't understand why he hasn't played at a higher level. Love his attitude and his style of play.

I’m a big fan of LT and I hate to be pessimistic but how many times have we said the above before about new signings? I know there are exceptions (eg. Yann) but there are often reasons which become clear after a while.
  • Looking forward to seeing him play for the first time tomorrow night as I make what is now reduced to an annual trip to the valley.
  • Going to score tomorrow night, place ya bets if that’s your thing!
  • JaShea99 said:

When Taylor signed I was pretty underwhelmed but having seen him play I don't understand why he hasn't played at a higher level. Love his attitude and his style of play.

I’m a big fan of LT and I hate to be pessimistic but how many times have we said the above before about new signings? I know there are exceptions (eg. Yann) but there are often reasons which become clear after a while.
    Well I can't think of one yet.
  • Have there been any pictures of Jason Euell putting that bit of pink in his hair?