Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bolton announce administration

Comments

• New takeover deal apparently agreed. Oh to have a deal that goes through quickly.........
  • New takeover deal apparently agreed. Oh to have a deal that goes through quickly.........
    We did, that's how we got Roland.
  • Rumour it’s Fawaz, ex forest who looked at us ...
  • J BLOCK said:
    Rumour it’s Fawaz, ex forest who looked at us ...
    What again? 
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47775158

Bolton Wanderers players are refusing to train for 48 hours after staff were not paid their salaries on time for the second month in a row.
    BBC Radio Manchester reports that the players, who have not been paid either, are taking action on behalf of staff.

• Bolton Wanderers' next two Championship home games against Ipswich and Middlesbrough are in doubt after they were issued with an order preventing fans entering the ground.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47787062
  • Play in a empty stadium.
  • Addickted said:
    Bolton Wanderers' next two Championship home games against Ipswich and Middlesbrough are in doubt after they were issued with an order preventing fans entering the ground.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47787062
    Wish we had someone decent on our SAG @ad@Addickted
  • On 20th March a judge gave Bolton 2 weeks to settle their debts, he gave them this because a takeover looked close.

That 2 weeks is over today and I doubt they have paid it all as there still seems to be issues.

Will they be wound up or will the survive
  • On 20th March a judge gave Bolton 2 weeks to settle their debts, he gave them this because a takeover looked close.

That 2 weeks is over today and I doubt they have paid it all as there still seems to be issues.

Will they be wound up or will the survive
    They'll survive... I'd love to know what a club has to do to be wound up these days - Sadly I believe we'll probably be the club that manages it under Roland
  • Sponsored links:

• Bolton have a real chance of survival if they can beat Ipswich - but they will need their supporters in the ground.
  • edited April 2019
    Given another 5 weeks to settle their debts.
  • Bolton have a real chance of survival if they can beat Ipswich - but they will need their supporters in the ground.
    They have a chance in the  next home game against Middlesbrough too, as Boro aren't playing that well either
  • Former @WatfordFC owner Laurence Bassini was in court today as the case against #BWFC and the unpaid tax was adjourned until 8th May. @talkSPORT say he's confirmed he's buying Ken Anderson's shares. This man has been bankrupt twice!
    https://twitter.com/itscarlhartley/status/1113396315264835590
  • clive said:
    Former @WatfordFC owner Laurence Bassini was in court today as the case against #BWFC and the unpaid tax was adjourned until 8th May. @talkSPORT say he's confirmed he's buying Ken Anderson's shares. This man has been bankrupt twice!
    https://twitter.com/itscarlhartley/status/1113396315264835590
    EFL are a disgrace 
  • Watford fans don't exactly have anything good to say about him......

• I can't believe even the EFL would allow this crook to take control of Bolton.

Laurence Bassini

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to navigationJump to search

Laurence Bassini is a Stanmore-based English businessman, and former chairman of Watford Football Club who earned notoriety for his purple helmet.[1]

Bassini took over Watford Football Club in a £440,000 takeover on 31 May 2011 when the club's previous parent company Watford Leisure PLC was de-listed from the London Stock Exchange and became Watford Leisure Limited.

Prior to taking over at Watford Bassini had been made bankrupt in 2007 following the failure of his business The Fox at Ibstone near High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, which he blamed on his father.[2] Bassini was bankrupt for about a year and it was during this time that he changed his name to Bassini to have a "fresh start".[2]

Whilst chairman of Watford, Bassini had been due to meet with fans at the annual Fans Forum on 8 November 2011 but cancelled at the last minute citing ill health.[3] He then cancelled a subsequent local radio phone-in on 22 November 2011, again at the last minute and again due to 'ill health'.[4]

Bassini's tenure at Watford will forever be remembered by Watford fans as a period of clown-like incompetence and financial impropriety [5] culminating in the comical 'Safegate' scandal when just prior to the sale of the club in June 2012 Bassini called the police after an employee refused to hand him the keys to the club safe.[6] He'll also be remembered for always wearing a ridiculous red builders helmet whenever he gave an interview to the local paper.[7][8]

In June 2012, 13 months after he bought the club, Bassini sold Watford Football Club to Gino Pozzo, son of Giampaolo Pozzo and owner of Udinese and Granada.[9]

In November 2012 it was announced the $1.5 million Bassini owed to Watford Football Club for 'cash advances' was unlikely to be repaid.[10]

In March 2013 an independent disciplinary commission found Bassini guilty of misconduct and dishonesty over financial dealings on behalf of Watford and banned him from being involved in a position of authority with any Football League club for three years. The commission found he had been "dishonest in his dealings with the league and with his fellow directors" and "practised secrecy and deception" when he told neither the league nor the other members of the Watford board about his secret forward financing arrangements.[11]

Following Watford's defeat to Crystal Palace in the 2013 Championship play-off final, Bassini sent a series of gloating texts to local newspaper Watford Observer, reveling in his joy at their loss.[12] He has been described as an 'ugly, arrogant, and pathetic individual' by all that have come into contact with him.[13] After the paper published details of his texts, Bassini made a number of legal threats via his Twitter account,[14] none of which ever materialised.

In July 2013 Bassini added to his list of business failures when the High Court ordered his company Watford Leisure Limited be placed in liquidation.[15]

In March 2014, Bassini lost a High Court battle against the Russo brothers.[16] The former Watford FC directors claimed that they were owed more than £3.5 million by Bassini. He was ordered to pay the sums of £3.5 million and £135,000 (plus an additional £568,000 in interest and £150k in costs); a total of £4,353,000. He has been told that he cannot appeal.

During the trial, in which he was described as 'evasive' and a maker of 'empty threats', the court heard Bassini had made numerous accusations of conspiracies against him without providing any evidence. Among these were that the Russos still secretly owned half Watford FC with the Pozzo family and were orchestrating a campaign against him. Bassini, who had been in court for the whole trial, left before the end after complaining of 'feeling dizzy' following 'a slip' on the High Court steps.[17]

In June 2014 Bassini was made bankrupt for the second time. The bankruptcy order was made after Bassini failed to pay the sum of £37,500. During the hearing Bassini claimed not to own any property despite receiving over £1.5 million in cash advances from Watford during his tenure.[18]

• edited April 2019
    Simon Jordan live on @talkSPORT - "If Bolton think they are in fire with Anderson wait until Laurence Bassini is in charge." #BWFC

I listened to 'The Jim White Show' where Simon Jordan was pretty scathing over Bassini & also made further disparaging remarks about Roland,Shaun Harvey [EFL supremo] was also a guest on the show & came under pressure from Jordan regarding the 'fit & proper test',for anybody who wants to listen to this most of the discussion was between 10.30 & 12.00.
    https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1554282000/1554283800/
  • Having read Covered End's post, does he still owe The Russo brothers £3.5m?  If so he surely cant pass the fit and proper test. Makes me wonder where he gets his money from. Perhaps he's just a broker for someone else.
    This man struggled to pay £37,500  so I can't see him being able to pay staff wages let alone annual losses. I read a report which indcated they made a profit last season but I doubt this financial year will be the same.

• Sponsored links:

• I believe the EFL have already passed him......mainly so he can take over Bolton & pay the wages.

But don't worry, they'll get him when he buys the players a Mac D's when they next win a game.  They're hot on stuff like that... ;)
    He'll pay out a few hundred grand wages and leg it with the S/T money.
  • I give the over-under at their next Administration at 14 months.
  • rikofold said:
    IT_Andy said:
    Having read Covered End's post, does he still owe The Russo brothers £3.5m?  If so he surely cant pass the fit and proper test. Makes me wonder where he gets his money from. Perhaps he's just a broker for someone else.
    This man struggled to pay £37,500  so I can't see him being able to pay staff wages let alone annual losses. I read a report which indcated they made a profit last season but I doubt this financial year will be the same.

How did @Covered End run up that kind of debt? Are the Russo Brothers tree surgeons? 
    They run the Avengers dont they?
  • Jim White played a recorded interview with Bassini on this mornings show,reactions to the interview including Simon Jordan's view can be heard here.
    Interview starts from about 16.00 minutes. https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1554454800/
    After listening to Bassini i would not trust him whatsoever.
  • Bolton v Brentford called off as players have refused to play
  • Got to feel for the Brentford fans who’ve forked out for trains
  • And the bolton fans too