Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton announce administration

Comments

• Options
    Only a 1-0 win? I thought the default score was 3-0.

Maybe they've looked at Brentford's forward line and decided to scale it back.
    I wonder if the Brentford players will get win bonuses  :)
    they should use the win bonuses to pay for all the fans that paid for tickets and travel to go to a pre season game
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    -10 deduction ahead of next season then... At the very least!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48199290
  • Options
    Minus 12 according to that article plus whatever they get for not fulfilling the Brentford game.
  • Options
    Minus 12 according to that article plus whatever they get for not fulfilling the Brentford game.
    Christ didnt realise that the deduction had increased

Imagine they'll start the season on around -20 points

Wonder if we'll go after Oztumer again
  • Options
    Going to be a grim season for them next season, they'll do well not to go down again considering that 50 points was needed to stay up this year. With a 20 point deduction, that's 70 points needed to stay up!
  • Options
    clive said:
    Surely they could have picked a different photo to accompany the article? One where the Chairman isn't beaming!

• Options
    clive said:
    Surely they could have picked a different photo to accompany the article? One where the Chairman isn't beaming!

Bolton paid his consultancy company £650K (from memory).
    I'm not surprised he's smiling.
  • Options
    Wow, that is a proper teflon article from him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I don't have a problem with agents paid for by players, or even by clubs for sort out complex transfers.  But when Leeds paid an agent about 3 million quid for finding a buyer for Harry Kewell you know something is wrong. 

Is that Liverpool?

Yes

Would you like to buy HK?

Yes

Thanks 

£3 million please Peter.

You couldn't make it up. 
    What might a complex transfer be? I genuinely can't think of anything in the football word that's very complex; you're moving one person from one club to another. It's not rocket science and it's not Brexit.  Sure there may be a chain of buyers/sellers (cue a house buying analogy), but I can't see for a minute there'd be a complexity anything like many normal business operations - say for example hiring some ground-workers to sort out the drainage on a training pitch. 
  • Options
    Going to be a grim season for them next season, they'll do well not to go down again considering that 50 points was needed to stay up this year. With a 20 point deduction, that's 70 points needed to stay up!
      Upfront certainty. Magennis was their top goalscorer with 7. he only got 10 for us last season so I doubt he'll be much better next.
  • Options
      Upfront certainty. Magennis was their top goalscorer with 7. he only got 10 for us last season so I doubt he'll be much better next.
    ........or the season after, and the ones after that.
  • Options
    He owns 2 restaurants in London and they owe my company £19k. Smarmiest prick we've ever dealt with. Wrongen of a man.
    You should get a lawyer who likes the spotlight to sue to block the takeover due to the money he owes you. He will pay you off right away just to make that go away.
  • Options
    He owns 2 restaurants in London and they owe my company £19k. Smarmiest prick we've ever dealt with. Wrongen of a man.
    You should get a lawyer who likes the spotlight to sue to block the takeover due to the money he owes you. He will pay you off right away just to make that go away.
    There is no takeover.
  • Options

Bolton Wanderers: Club appoint administrators following unpaid £1.2m tax bill

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48257398
  • Options
    So they will start the 2019-20 season with -12 points?
  • Options
    At minimum - there should also be a misconduct hearing for failing to fulfill their fixtures. Could well end up with an additional penalty - unless they just fine them. But fining a club with no money seems a bit pointless. 
  • Options
    At minimum - there should also be a misconduct hearing for failing to fulfill their fixtures. Could well end up with an additional penalty - unless they just fine them. But fining a club with no money seems a bit pointless. 
    Didn't Middlesbrough get deducted 3 points when they failed to fulfil a fixture due to injuries?

Ultimately it ended up relegating them when they could've just played the under 18s and got 0 points instead of -3.

So at a minimum Bolton are surely looking at -12 for the admin plus -3 for the non-fixture.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I bet nothing will happen about the non-fulfilment. EFL will duck that one. wont want to be seen to be punishing them again.
  • Options
    I bet nothing will happen about the non-fulfilment. EFL will duck that one. wont want to be seen to be punishing them again.
    They've been very happy to stick the boot in previously. Ask Luton fans about their 30 point deduction!
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    The five interested parties in acquiring the club have until 4pm to submit their bids to the Admnistrator.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48586770
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    The five interested parties in acquiring the club have until 4pm to submit their bids to the Admnistrator.
    So what happens if none of them prove funding or are they saying it is definate new owner for them on Friday?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Presumably if they don't satisfy the Administrator's requirements he continues to retain control of the club whilst seeking a suitable buyer. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    So what happens if none of them prove funding or are they saying it is definate new owner for them on Friday?
    Guess the process will just start over again

You'd hope for Bolton that these interested parties have already given the Administrators enough assurances that funding will be proven
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    RedChaser said:
    Presumably if they don't satisfy the Administrator's requirements he continues to retain control of the club whilst seeking a suitable buyer. 
    At some point though he'll have to liquidate the business though. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    At some point though he'll had to liquidate the business though. 
    Of course but he'll try and avoid that if possible.
  • Options
    What was Bolton's punishment for not being able to fulfil one of their league fixtures last season?
  • Options
    Looking on the bright side, Rod Stewart is in concert at their stadium on Friday!