Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Great nicknames

2»

Comments

• Options

I've got plenty of names for Roland.

What's your favourite though. Weegie's Dushit ranks highly.
  • Options
    Someone at work had the surname Hoy and was known by all and sundry as Shipper, most fitting as he was involved in logistics.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

The former Kent batsman Neil Taylor was allegedly a little tight with his cash.

One of his nicknames was accordingly Crime as in crime doesn't pay.

Neil is the current Kent U17 coach and saw him last night. Don't know him well enough to call him "crime" though!
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Colin Cowdrey was "kipper" because of his ability to take a 10 minute nap anytime, waiting to bat etc

Wasn't Phil tufnel called the car for the same reason?

Also liked Ashley Giles "king of Spain" after some "king of spin" merchandise came back with a typo
    Tuffers nickname was Cat, because he could catnap anywhere.

A good one I heard while umpiring this year was a guy being called "Desi" though his name was Glenn; it slowly dawned on me that it came from his surname of Aukett, and he was named after the horse (Desert Orchid)!
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

McBobbin said:

Colin Cowdrey was "kipper" because of his ability to take a 10 minute nap anytime, waiting to bat etc

Wasn't Phil tufnel called the car for the same reason?

Also liked Ashley Giles "king of Spain" after some "king of spin" merchandise came back with a typo
    Tuffers nickname was Cat, because he could catnap anywhere.

A good one I heard while umpiring this year was a guy being called "Desi" though his name was Glenn; it slowly dawned on me that it came from his surname of Aukett, and he was named after the horse (Desert Orchid)!
    corrected my typo... "the car"... indeed.
  • Options
    Mark Frost - darts player - Frosty the Throw Man
  • Options
    ex rugby teammate of mine .. Dick Pett .. we called him crum(Pett)
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Matt Tees .. Lino .. spent a lot of time on the floor (more lino than Matt lol)
  • Options
    i employed an asian guy as a messenger in the City once ,his surname was Soni ..we nicknamed him the walkman
  • Options
    My personal favorite harbhajan Singh is called The Turbanator, even uses it himself on his Twitterfeed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Always remember me cousins mate, Beer Mat
  • Options
    ex rugby teammate of mine .. Dick Pett .. we called him crum(Pett)
    bring this up again
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Pedro45 said:
    Wasn't Phil tufnel called the car for the same reason? Also liked Ashley Giles "king of Spain" after some "king of spin" merchandise came back with a typo
    Tuffers nickname was Cat, because he could catnap anywhere. A good one I heard while umpiring this year was a guy being called "Desi" though his name was Glenn; it slowly dawned on me that it came from his surname of Aukett, and he was named after the horse (Desert Orchid)!

IIRC Colin Cowdrey was nicknamed named Kipper, as he used to fall asleep at the wicket, or so its said.

• Options
    Backdoor Bob, Bob Curry SAS vet of Iranian Embassy siege. 
  • Options
    Can’t remember which one it was but I think Ray Parlour used to be called either the ginger Pele, or the Romford Pele, might have been both!
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    I’ve said this one before but a mate has a work colleague nicknamed “half Cnut “ because he’s of no use to anyone 
  • Options
    Can’t remember which one it was but I think Ray Parlour used to be called either the ginger Pele, or the Romford Pele, might have been both!
    Parlour was the Romford Pele, our own Gary Doherty was the ginger one.