Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jeremy Sarmiento (former U18 rising star) - now with Brighton (p6)

Comments

• Options

I am SURE one reason he left is because of the chaos of our ownership situation. What rational kid would want to stay here when you cannot even drink bottled water?

I doubt that was a consideration, compared to the money they were offering . And glamour/lifestyle etc
    And a lifetime as a backup who will probably never start a game, like most kids. Top clubs rarely promote from within. A lot less than lesser clubs.
    In all fairness don't think Benfica is a bad move for him.

Agree with the general rule but Benfica and Chelsea are two entirely different moves. I don't blame him one bit

But I agree that picking up players for nothing or next to nothing is completely unfair on the club who develop the player and needs to change. But I doubt it will.
    Yeah i agree, i think Benfica is a good move for him. Them and Porto survive by developing young talented players and then selling them on to richer clubs. If he's as good as the reports say he is, and he's one of the most talented players of his age in the country, then there's no reason to think that he won't do well there.
  • Options
    Cheers Roly.
    At least that bastad gets no compensation fee or sell on as it’s an international transfer
  • Options
    Perhaps he was won over by the promise of a Portugese breakfast.
  • Options

Don’t know why but I’ve a feeling we’ll be talking about this one for years to come

100% which is a real shame but such is the nature of the game.
  • Options

Sean McGinty went through the Academy, "transfers to Man U" we got just over a 1mil if i remember rightly. Ends up being the last player shown the door by Ferguson. Leaving for a "Bigger" club doesn't always work out for the lad. Now playing for Partick Thistle i think.

400k up front, but only due to Fergies dignity. Was soon playing for Morcombe.
  • Options
    I think Rolly will get a fee for him. I heard £2.5M+. Some thing about a committee that determines the value of a youth player?
  • Options

Don’t know why but I’ve a feeling we’ll be talking about this one for years to come

Well we've been talking about everthing else years after
  • Options
    England U17 v France U17 tonight on the BBC (Guess online)

Article commenting on who to watch out for in the England side with Jeremy being one of those - Dont know how he's getting on at Benfica but good to see he's sticking with England at the moment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48128613
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    England U17 v France U17 tonight on the BBC (Guess online)

Article commenting on who to watch out for in the England side with Jeremy being one of those - Dont know how he's getting on at Benfica but good to see he's sticking with England at the moment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48128613

How can I watch the UEFA European Under-17 Championship?

All times subject to change.

You will be able to watch live coverage of selected matches from the Under-17 European Championships on BBC iPlayer and the BBC Sport website/app and connected devices. All of the games will also be available to catch-up on for 30 days on iPlayer.

Coverage will start with England men's group game against France on Friday, 3 May from 18:50 BST.

Three of the men's quarter-finals will then be shown on 12 May and 13 May before the semi-finals and final are shown in the men's and women's competition.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/48105557

• Options
    Not even on the bench

Interesting that Theo Walcott is playing tho🤣🤣

• Options
    Along with Ade Azeez...? ;)
  • Options
    Weir is the son of ex-Everton and Rangers defender David Weir, and despite being captain of Scotland under 16s and 17s, and obviously his Dad being Scottish, then decided to play for England.
  • Options
    Believe we may have got a few hundred thousand for Sarmiento.

Not that we would have got it, but Roland just using it to pay some bills.
  • Options
    Steve Avory said the player wanted to stay but his parents pushed the move through.
  • Options
    Steve Avory said the player wanted to stay but his parents pushed the move through.
    Notice on one page that he was originally born in Madrid

Nothing to do with them wanting to return back to Iberia?
  • Options
    Shame we lost him, wonder if he'd have been close to our First Team by now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shame we lost him, wonder if he'd have been close to our First Team by now
    Yes reckon he would've got a few appearances off the bench at the very least.

Hope he doesn't land at Palace, that would be a kick in the teeth.
  • Options
    That's what you get when you walk out on us. 
  • Options
    I know he was heavily linked to Man City in the past , wonder if they've seen a chance to nab him for nothing? 
  • Options
    Don't like the way his old man keeps saying "we". It's the sons career, not his! 
    Dad probably pushed and backed him all the way, like fathers do.

Many players would never have made the grade without their parents' support.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    I saw this young man play for the development squad at Eastbourne 3 seasons ago, what a footballer.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Don't like the way his old man keeps saying "we". It's the sons career, not his! 

Theres support and theres being overbearing whilst living vicariously through him.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    It'll be interesting if we re-open the door to him.

I don't think we will, but it would be interesting.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Theres support and theres being overbearing whilst living vicariously through him.
    You don't know that. It's only your own opinion based on ....... not actually knowing anything about the actual situation.