Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Live - Podcast available - Reaction to Wycombe with Lee Bowyer and Lyle Taylor

edited September 2018 in General Charlton
Listen live via our website here - http://www.charltonlive.co.uk/listen-live/ or if that doesn't work, via the tune in website here - https://tunein.com/radio/Charlton-Live-s268151/ - or via the Tune In app on your mobile phone/tablet.

Join us live at 7pm as we look back at yesterday's 3-2 win over Wycombe Wanderers. We'll hear the highlights of the game and also our exclusive chat with Lee Bowyer afterwards. We'll also hear from Lyle Taylor as he discusses going pink for October.

Have your say on anything you want via the usual contact methods below.

Contact the studio -

Email studio@charltonlive.co.uk
tweet @CharltonLive
or Comment in this thread

Comments

• edited September 2018
    Good evening gents, great show as always.

Really pleased to get the 3 points yesterday, given Fosu suspended, Billy Clarke still off the radar, and various players called up for international duties.

Ben Reeves and George Lapslie were just what we needed at the right time.

First half was pretty poor, Akinfenwa had not only Jason Pearce in his pocket, but also the whole back 5!

Pleased the players managed to turn it around, onwards and upwards as they say.

Ps why did Dillon Phillips get dropped, I thought that was a bit harsh?

Steer didn’t look convincing, but then again it’s early days, (although he has let in 4 goals in his last 2 games!)
  • Evening gents, hope you are all good.
    Thought when Akinfenwa was linking up play well in the first 30 minutes we were really poor, but the defence got to grips with him after that and we began to play ok. Still thought it was an average performance but a good sign that we can win playing poorly. Regarding Phillips, thought it was harsh him getting dropped and didnt think steer covered himself in glory and as for bowyers comments regarding his better distribution, I didnt see much sign of that yesterday. I think dropping phillips may have done more damage to his confidence, than what bringing in steer added in quality to the team. Enjoy the show gents.
  • Hi guys. I wentto Bowyer's Q&A session in Broley last wekk. I was one of the boycotters for obvious reasons. When Ronnos left (thank god) I started going to games again (only because of Bowyer). This is credit to him. Bought a season ticket this year convoinced we would be sold (yeah right). At the start if the season I dreaded and thought we would struggle to stay up. Then after going to Peterborough at home (although we couldn't break then down) I like the hard working team Bowyer has created. At the game yesterday and you saw a nervy side but also a side of CAFC on what they could do, I am so patient with this team, they are developing over time and getting better game by gaem. I do feel this is start of an momentum. We are playing in small patches, but those small patches will get better and better over the season gets on. There are no outstanding teams in the league. Think Sunderland and Barnsley will be up there but they are no Wigan ro Blackburn. Nowyer has got some good players in with some of them Championship experience. I can't remember the last time we had a striker on 4 goals in 8 games with Grant chipping in as well at this stage of the season. Look at the players coming in, Cullen, Ward etc, (Ventekole when we fit). Lapslie is getting better game by game. He reads the game very well, good passing. and the way he is playing at the moment you would never think it was his first season playing in 1st team. Good passer of the ball, reads the game very well and links up well. Intelligent player.
  • Also confirdent we will be in the play off at least.
  • edited September 2018
    Any truth in the rumours that we are going to be taken over by Peter Ustinov, ( ex Arsenal director, no idea where the rumours come from).

( can’t spell his proper name, but I think you know who I mean!).
  • edited September 2018
    Can someone ask what time the podcast will be available please?
  • What time does the podcast become available?
  • Is there any way to listen to the podcast without the adverts?
  • Sponsored links:

• JaShea99 said:

Is there any way to listen to the podcast without the adverts?

Sadly not. Should all be only about 40 seconds - one at the start, one in the middle and one at the end.
  • Is there any way to listen to the adverts without the podcast?