Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul Hayes back at Charlton?

Don’t know if it’s already been covered on another thread but I’ve just noticed on his Instagram page it says he’s doing some coaching with the Charlton academy.

Comments

• Options
    Since July 2017 according to his LinkedIn. UEFA A-Licence as well.
  • Options
    I think he started doing it, but then got a contract at Newport.

He played in the veterans game last season.
  • Options
    I saw him with one of the age Groups in front of the East Stand when we did our Academy Day last season
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Brilliant. True Charlton. I will always remember his 3 goals in that 2011-12 season with affection.

But seriously, seems a good egg and was good in a supporting role.
  • Options
    Blimey, thought he'd already retired a little while ago
  • Options
    Scored 11 goals in 32 games for AFC Sudbury last season
  • Options
    Brilliant. True Charlton. I will always remember his 3 goals in that 2011-12 season with affection. But seriously, seems a good egg and was good in a supporting role.
    Can't believe that I wrote this less than a year ago. How bitter. I think I was a bit depressed.
  • Options
    Hope you’re feeling better now. 
  • Options
    He was decent for us, though not much of a goal threat. Surely a career in management/coaching beckons?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can picture the moment that after only a few games his career with us pretty much was over, it was when Kermorgant came on for the first time away to Sheff U and scored with that header with his first ever touch for Charlton.
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    I can picture the moment that after only a few games his career with us pretty much was over, it was when Kermorgant came on for the first time away to Sheff U and scored with that header with his first ever touch for Charlton.
    I'm no stat man but wasn't that MK Dons? 
  • Options
    agim said:
    buckshee said:
    Was at both but think it was Sheffield Utd first then MKD a few days later.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Yann’s debut was the 3-1 win at home v Chesterfield (had to look up the opponent). He played in Wagstaff who crossed for BWP to score our third.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/14958002
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Yann’s debut was the 3-1 win at home v Chesterfield (had to look up the opponent). He played in Wagstaff who crossed for BWP to score our third.

Great watching that back
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    agim said:
    buckshee said:
    Was at both but think it was Sheffield Utd first then MKD a few days later.

Other way round I thought, MK then sheff. Remember the sheff game though, scorching heatwave even up there that day in October! Brilliant away day
  • Options
    Correct order.  People's memory going as only 8 years ago and I'm 58!
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Yep my eldest was mascot that day .
    f o Roland so the other ones can be mascot you Helmet