Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Akinfenwa Yesterday.

Comments

• Options
    I sometimes think a football fan who doesn't appreciate Akinfenwa is both blind and has no soul.
  • Options
    Didn't see the game but remember him from so many years ago, he stood out even then as a young striker,- a real handful
    and the master of the crafty nudge in the back.

• Options
    The thing is, when a player is phyiscally stronger than other players the ref doesn't get it and will often miss or give fouls against them - Taylor is a victim of this. With Akinfenwa, the ref is in no doubt who the stronger player is. He doesn't need to foul, just use his strength, and the ref will know that.
  • Options
    Liked how he laughed at the banter he got 

your tits are offside 
    Cringe
  • Options
    He’s definitely a massive talent
  • Options
    I think he is underrated as a player and has suffered to get the credit he deserves because people obssess over his build. Always comes across as a lovely guy.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I sometimes think a football fan who doesn't appreciate Akinfenwa is both blind and has no soul.
    Agreed. Won so many long balls on his chest the other day. Plus, so much fun. 
  • Options
    Scored both goals yesterday in Wycombe's win at Southend.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    I sometimes think Confucius say a football fan who doesn't appreciate Akinfenwa is both blind and has no soul.
    Corrected for you ...
  • Options
    He's a good player, I have seen him play a few times and he always causes problem's for centre halves. His knees and ankles must be wrecked carrying his weight around mind you
  • Options
    I always just feel he would be a vastly improved player if he didn't put on so much size, he would be so much more mobile and obviously still very strong
  • Options
    This is Akinfenwa during his time at Gillingham.

This is a picture of him as a player for Gillingham

• Options
    I think he is underrated as a player and has suffered to get the credit he deserves because people obssess over his build. Always comes across as a lovely guy.
    Similar to Peter Crouch, who I think has always been underrated.

• Options
    Addickted said:
    Similar to Peter Crouch, who I think has always been underrated.

Easily labelled as “good touch for a big man” when they offer so much more than that.
  • Options
    37 in May, and a very good fitness record too, not many players are regular starters at that age
  • Options
    37 in May, and a very good fitness record too, not many players are regular starters at that age

Especially strikers
  • Options
    He’s a pundit on sky tonight for the Bristol City Birmingham match.

Seems a nice guy but can barely put a coherent sentence together. Actually said worser when discussing the first goal.
  • Options

Seems a nice guy but can barely put a coherent sentence together. Actually said worser when discussing the first goal.
    Your worser than the wife Dave
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd like to see him get a season in the champ.  Go on Wycombe!
  • Options

Random choice, seeing that he has no obvious connections with either of the clubs!
  • Options
    Met him at the marathon ground in shooters hill a couple of weeks back. His boy was playing against mine in a selkent tournament. Was a really nice guy let the kids have pictures with him and had a little chat with them.
  • Options
    Nice scouse accent.
  • Options
    ads said:

He can't be any worser than Clinton 'the fuckwit' Morrison
    I put subtitles on when he's babbling away.
  • Options
    Nice scouse accent.
    Sorry Guvna do we all ave to ave a cockney twang? I ain't got one guv, cos I ain't from landan.