Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Spain (Nations League)

Comments

• Options
    If thats a foul then football is done
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Tell you what I’ve said it once but this ref is fucking atrocious

Agreed, worse than some of our refs! been awful and cost us a point here by the looks of it
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Fucking joker that DeGea. Shame he couldn’t hold onto the ball as well as he held onto his head the cheating prick.
  • Options

Said it before, our attacking options off the bench are pants. Sterling gets injured and we up a 4th goalie?!!! Wilson, Maddison, Shelvey all sitting indoors. These games are perfect to try new players.

Spot on mate, our bench was dross. How can Wellbeck even get in the squad he is awful, i know he sometimes does ok for England but shouldn't be anywhere near.

Maddison must be near, just the player we need in this formation. Centre Midfield we need some players to come through, Henderson/Dier are just not good enough in bigger games and we are very bare.
  • Options
    I actually thought Dier was 10x better than Henderson today. Henderson was decent at the World Cup but didn’t look up to it tonight
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

I actually thought Dier was 10x better than Henderson today. Henderson was decent at the World Cup but didn’t look up to it tonight

Might be doing him a dis-service but I don’t think he has been in Liverpool’s starting XI has he?
  • Options
    You see plenty of these incidents going the way of the Goalkeeper so not in the slightest bit surprised it wasnt given, the protection they're given has gone OTT now
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Blatant foul from this angle... de Gea has the ball in his hands and drops it due to the contact from Welbeck, no way could have moved his legs in the air like that had there been no contact

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Bit 50/50 for me. If that's a defender jumping up to head the ball instead of a keeper catching I've seen the foul given the other way before as well.
  • Options

Bit 50/50 for me. If that's a defender jumping up to head the ball instead of a keeper catching I've seen the foul given the other way before as well.

Oh yeah 100% but Goalkeepers will always get a Free Kick in that situation though - Only case where they shouldnt is if its like that goal Bauer had ruled out against Millwall
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Oh yeah 100% but Goalkeepers will always get a Free Kick in that situation though - Only case where they shouldnt is if its like that goal Bauer had ruled out against Millwall
    Yeah hard to disagree with you there. At least I guess we can say this sort of decision is pretty consistent. Probably the only thing that is actually - touch or go near the keeper = instant foul.
  • Options

Blatant foul from this angle... de Gea has the ball in his hands and drops it due to the contact from Welbeck, no way could have moved his legs in the air like that had there been no contact

'Pushed'?

Yes there was contact but that doesn'the automatically make it a foul. Welbeck stands there and De Gea jumps into him, if anything.
  • Options
    Well we certainly got put in our place there. Spain looked good. We were chasing shadows and kept giving the ball away too cheaply.

But hey, we came 4th in the World Cup .......
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Well we certainly got put in our place there. Spain looked good. We were chasing shadows and kept giving the ball away too cheaply.

aboard the doom and gloom, i agree we wasn't all that and it was a very par performance. But its like some people want us to go back to rubbish/ exiting early in the majors
  • Options

Off_it said:

aboard the doom and gloom, i agree we wasn't all that and it was a very par performance. But its like some people want us to go back to rubbish/ exiting early in the majors
    Sorry?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Sorry?
    We were playing Spain, not some of the poor teams we normally play in between the majors. It just seems like everyone wants England to fail
  • Options

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Sorry?
    We were playing Spain, not some of the poor teams we normally play in between the majors. It just seems like everyone wants England to fail
    Why are you quoting me? I didn't say I wanted England to fail, did I?

Yes, we were playing Spain, so God knows why some people had us down as favourites.

We seem to be agreeing here, so not sure what your point is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2018

Why are you quoting me? I didn't say I wanted England to fail, did I?

Yes, we were playing Spain, so God knows why some people had us down as favourites.

We seem to be agreeing here, so not sure what your point is.

This is why...Sorry if i put words into your mouth and misread, just seemed like the post was one of those that want England to fail, so apologise if i got that wrong.

Not really sure if we agree or not, i feel we have the potential but also the 4th place finished flattered. We had a good draw and still probably should have got further, Not sure we set up to play the players in the formation we have been playing, we need much better midfielders, We seem a bit too slow considering we have some pace in the side, need to be much quicker or set up as counter attacking team.

Croatia games could be interesting, will show us how far we have come if we can put in a good couple of performances against them.
  • Options
    Your typical England match v a top side .

Get the lead to give everyone hope but throw that away with poor defending and generally being outplayed before getting a rough decision against us at the end .

Probably be the same v Croatia.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Anyone went to both Charlton and this, I wonder...

Yes I did with a mate.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Get the lead to give everyone hope but throw that away with poor defending and generally being outplayed before getting a rough decision against us at the end .

It was 2 months back, and happened.
  • Options

It was 2 months back, and happened.
    Again then..

;)
  • Options
    Just for a bit of context if we are suddenly judging England's progress as an international force on one match: of the rest of the final 4 France couldn't beat Germany who didn't get out of the groups, Croatia couldn't beat Portugal who made it one match further than the groups, Belgium beat Scotland...
  • Options
    Johnny you ok hun , if anyone dares imply that England aren’t terrific you’re all over it like Jimmy Seed on a slag off of the Aussies !!

Seriously , England have potential
    Finishing 4th in the World Cup was flattering but was due to the jammiest draw we’ll ever get .

Just because people point out that we Really arent world beaters it doesn’t mean anyone wants England to fail .
  • Options

Johnny you ok hun , if anyone dares imply that England aren’t terrific you’re all over it like Jimmy Seed on a slag off of the Aussies !!

Seriously , England have potential
    Finishing 4th in the World Cup was flattering but was due to the jammiest draw we’ll ever get .

Just because people point out that we Really arent world beaters it doesn’t mean anyone wants England to fail .

Yeah im all good bud. Tired but other than that dandy

Of course people can criticise England, we always have. I think at present we have been doing alot better recently, still not up there but hopefully we can build from it rather than get on their back after sub par performances.

I say all this and i dont like international breaks anyway, prefer when we have the Premiership games on the box all weekend, maybe its getting to me lol
  • Options
    I'd left by then but De gea should be embarrassed with himself after Shaws injury..
  • Options
    We treat the ball like a $10 crack whore in the ASDA car park, the Spanish treat it like Reece Witherspoon in the finest French lingerie on satin sheets at The Ritz.