Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic and Blackpool fans to launch joint protest at EFL offices on September 14

Comments

• Options

I think we need to be sure what is being said.
    LDT was quoted at last meeting -

"He explained that, as per the last meeting, the Australian consortium have a deal fully agreed and just need to submit final papers to the EFL.
    LDT said he doesn’t know when documents will be lodged. He said he is talking to the group every couple of days."

So it may just be that the Australains never submitted the necessary documents and therefore there is no delay caused by the EFL, which is why the EFL say "no one is waiting for an EFL response".

If this is the case then LDT was not lying. Like I always say I have no time for RD, but I do always look for the truth, rather than spin.

Perhaps, the real situation may get clarified in due course, without all parties being economical with the truth.

I understand the point you are looking to make, @Covered End . However, you have forgotten that the EFL were reported as being less than happy with de Turck's pronouncements. That being the case, on the balance of probability, would not the EFL be careful to say that the test is still ongoing, if documents had not been lodged? There again, this was Shaun Harvey speaking, whom Blackpool fans have warned us to treat with caution.

Would be good to har from @Davo55 on this particular point.

@Hertsseasider were you the Blackpool rep in the meet? I am sure I am not the only one here who would be interested to learn what help if any this meet was for you guys. Maybe you (or whoever was the rep) might have a view on this particular point re the Charlton bid that we are discussing here?

Good points from both you and CE on this. And as Davo says, we 100% deserve better, and should expect better.

Thank you so much to everyone who went. Keeping things moving forward, keeping everyone focused, and keeping pressure on Roland must be incredibly different. I am perpetually floored at how well so many do it (and can only imagine how hard you all work).

Today is a win as far as I'm concerned. Whether it's a moral victory or one that becomes a real cornerstone in getting rid of RD, only time will tell. But I hope all of you who were there are out celebrating now.
  • Options
    It is all straws on his back they have to be put on to get to the one that will break it - well done to all those who attended.
  • Options
    I suppose I should not have expected anything more transparent or helpful from a school friend of Karl Oyston. Why could he not have clearly answered the question? The reason is, because he is a ****regards himself as at the service of the current and any new owner of the club. And emphatically not answerable to us.

FFS.

• Options
    Davo55 said:

For the record, Sean Harvey said that a takeover is not being held up by the EFL not processing paperwork.

He did not say:

That they had never had paperwork
    That they had had paperwork
    That they had approved any takeover proposals
    That they had not ever approved any

The challenge now is to Charlton. If the price is agreed with the Aussies what is stopping the takeover from going through? And the answer does not involve the EFL.

So it could be the Aussies still have to submit some papers like we’ve been led to believe?
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    We know it is annoying him, he has admitted as much to the press. He seems impetuous. We can all hope that one day he wakes up and says that's it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I read some poor reviews about it on trip adviser a few months back :)
  • Options

Key message from meeting for me was that Shaun Harvey confirmed that there are no outstanding EFL issues related to any Charlton takeover.

Well done to all there, important to get this clarified directly from the source. I wonder what dross the club will put out in response, if any.

• Options
    Well done all, top work as ever.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

For the record, Sean Harvey said that a takeover is not being held up by the EFL not processing paperwork.

He did not say:

The challenge now is to Charlton. If the price is agreed with the Aussies what is stopping the takeover from going through? And the answer does not involve the EFL.

Did nobody ask regarding the 4 things u mention above? Not having a pop as fair play to u guys for putting in the effort but surely those questions were asked????
  • Options
    What is the likelihood or possibility of anyone from CARD or CAST being allowed to attend the meeting between Harvey and RD?

I fear that RD will just tell him a load of bollocks and we'll never find out exactly what was discussed between them.
  • Options
    Well done everyone.

Protests have made the international press - well, The Irish Sun to be precise...
    https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/3120751/charlton-and-blackpool-fans-come-together-for-joint-protest-against-the-efl/

Early days though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Davo55 said:

Oh yeah, and thank you to all those on here you turned out to support today’s protest. Great to meet you all and I think we helped to make a bit of a difference.

A pleasure to be there. It was quality rather than quantity!
    But point well made to the EFL.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @bigstemarra great effort at Preston, well done mate. Sorry I couldn't make it in the end, my prior commitment overran and I would only have got there as you were dispersing :disappointed: .

And also well done to all those at the London end :+1: .
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

DOUCHER said:

Davo55 said:

He did not say:

Did nobody ask regarding the 4 things u mention above? Not having a pop as fair play to u guys for putting in the effort but surely those questions were asked????
    No, they weren’t asked. It was a fluid and sometimes quite robust exchange. But these questions have been put to the EFL by CAST and will, I expect, be followed up at their meetings.

The key thing for me is that, as of today, the takeover is NOT being held up by EFL paperwork. So, what IS holding it up? We should be told.
    From your post above it didn’t sound like the EFL said there was no paperwork outstanding or still required, only they themselves weren’t holding it up by not processing paperwork?

If the club or Buyer is still to submit paperwork the EFL still aren’t holding it up as the balls i suspect in the buyers court.

If miraculously we’ve been told the truth for once, that the Aussies still have paperwork to submit, the EFL haven’t confirmed or denied that from what you said?

Confused from SE12 :blush:
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

DOUCHER said:

Davo55 said:

He did not say:

No, they weren’t asked. It was a fluid and sometimes quite robust exchange. But these questions have been put to the EFL by CAST and will, I expect, be followed up at their meetings.

The key thing for me is that, as of today, the takeover is NOT being held up by EFL paperwork. So, what IS holding it up? We should be told.
    "Fluid and robust" is one way of putting it : - )

• Options
    As I see it, it could be that:

- the Aussies never submitted paperwork, or
    - they did and were knocked back by EFL, or
    - they did and were approved by the EFL but the deal has stalled for other reasons.

Hopefully you will be able to nail this down when you meet EFL.

BUT, my point stands - it’s not holding it up now, if it ever was - so why isn’t the takeover happening?
  • Options

What are the Aussies at fault for? - they don't have to buy the club. We don't need to be rocket scientists to see that something has happened which has persuaded them the deal isn't great for them. It seems pretty clear cut as it isn't very attractive to us based on the numbers we have seen.

Well clearly they DID want to buy the club because they turned up with scarves on. It appears in fact it was very close at the time, but the hold up is obviously at their end. Of course we aren't privvy to the reasons why the deal has stalled, but it does seem clear after the comment from the EFL today that it's neither the Club nor the EFL holding things up.
    Well of course they could just come out & say something if it was just them holding it all up. I'm sure they would not be breaking any NDA's if it was all down to them.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

@bigstemarra great effort at Preston, well done mate. Sorry I couldn't make it in the end, my prior commitment overran and I would only have got there as you were dispersing :disappointed: .

And also well done to all those at the London end :+1: .

No worries, fella; I only just made it myself...I'm right in the middle of a house move back to the promised land (i.e the ancient kingdom of Kent) :)