Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic and Blackpool fans to launch joint protest at EFL offices on September 14

Comments

• Options
    Hopefully sky will show some of this and it can be seen in Belgium.
    Anything that embarrasses the old scrote can only be a good thing.

Well done all involved.
  • Options
    So it's confirmed, the EFL aren't waiting on any documentation from the Aussies. Another Roland lie.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

HarryLime said:

the @EFL, Shaun Harvey has committed to meeting Charlton owner Roland Duchatelet personally.

Good luck with that one Shaun!
    Best bet would be to get down to one of old yellow teeth's favourite dance venues in St.Truiden.

Say hello to Lord Lucan and Shergar while you're there.
  • Options
    thanks to everyone and the dog
  • Options

Key message from meeting for me was that Shaun Harvey confirmed that there are no outstanding EFL issues related to any Charlton takeover.

That must mean that it is all down to the price Roland is asking.
    Drop the price and the takeover can go ahead.
    Keep asking for an unrealistic price and it's groundhog day.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

So it's confirmed, the EFL aren't waiting on any documentation from the Aussies. Another Roland lie.

Roland, lying? Has a relatives in Russia?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Come on @Covered End don't let the facts get in the way of a good story. It gets like an Owen Jones twitter rant in here sometimes.
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

the @EFL, Shaun Harvey has committed to meeting Charlton owner Roland Duchatelet personally.

Good luck with that one Shaun!
    Best bet would be to get down to one of old yellow teeth's favourite dance venues in St.Truiden.

Yes, it appears Shaun has forgotten that he works for Roland, not the other way round.
  • Options

I think we need to be sure what is being said.
    LDT was quoted at last meeting -

"He explained that, as per the last meeting, the Australian consortium have a deal fully agreed and just need to submit final papers to the EFL.
    LDT said he doesn’t know when documents will be lodged. He said he is talking to the group every couple of days."

So it may just be that the Australains never submitted the necessary documents and therefore there is no delay caused by the EFL, which is why the EFL say "no one is waiting for an EFL response".

If this is the case then LDT was not lying. Like I always say I have no time for RD, but I do always look for the truth, rather than spin.

Perhaps, the real situation may get clarified in due course, without all parties being economical with the truth.

My thoughts exactly, The two statements are not at all contradictory.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

"He explained that, as per the last meeting, the Australian consortium have a deal fully agreed and just need to submit final papers to the EFL.
    LDT said he doesn’t know when documents will be lodged. He said he is talking to the group every couple of days."

So it may just be that the Australains never submitted the necessary documents and therefore there is no delay caused by the EFL, which is why the EFL say "no one is waiting for an EFL response".

If this is the case then LDT was not lying. Like I always say I have no time for RD, but I do always look for the truth, rather than spin.

Perhaps, the real situation may get clarified in due course, without all parties being economical with the truth.

I think this could be a very rare phenomenon where neither party is at fault in this football related matter. Generally you'd put your money on one of them ballsing something up, and whilst those running our club have ballsed up most things, it would appear, that on the face of it, it's the Aussies who are at fault. Clearly they haven't submitted the paperwork required (as LDT stated at the fans forum), most likely because they can't, because whatever it pertains to is not in place (funding, structure etc).

• Options
    You also have to remember that not every untruth is a lie. That things that were true no longer are and the other way round.

Could be a case of neither or both.

Unfortunately this isn't black and white.
  • Options
    Thanks to all who took part.
  • Options

What are the Aussies at fault for? - they don't have to buy the club. We don't need to be rocket scientists to see that something has happened which has persuaded them the deal isn't great for them. It seems pretty clear cut as it isn't very attractive to us based on the numbers we have seen.

Well clearly they DID want to buy the club because they turned up with scarves on. It appears in fact it was very close at the time, but the hold up is obviously at their end. Of course we aren't privvy to the reasons why the deal has stalled, but it does seem clear after the comment from the EFL today that it's neither the Club nor the EFL holding things up.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    But again, they don't have to buy the club. I would say the ridiculous price Duchatelet is asking is the major reason we haven't been purchased.

Well done all who took part.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I understand the point you are looking to make, @Covered End . However, you have forgotten that the EFL were reported as being less than happy with de Turck's pronouncements. That being the case, on the balance of probability, would not the EFL be careful to say that the test is still ongoing, if documents had not been lodged? There again, this was Shaun Harvey speaking, whom Blackpool fans have warned us to treat with caution.

Would be good to har from @Davo55 on this particular point.

@Hertsseasider were you the Blackpool rep in the meet? I am sure I am not the only one here who would be interested to learn what help if any this meet was for you guys. Maybe you (or whoever was the rep) might have a view on this particular point re the Charlton bid that we are discussing here?

• Options

But again, they don't have to buy the club. I would say the ridiculous price Duchatelet is asking is the major reason we haven't been purchased.

I think we all agree the asking price is too high. But the club & Aussies put out a joint statement that the price had been agreed (didn't they ? )
  • Options

I understand the point you are looking to make, @Covered End . However, you have forgotten that the EFL were reported as being less than happy with de Turck's pronouncements. That being the case, on the balance of probability, would not the EFL be careful to say that the test is still ongoing, if documents had not been lodged? There again, this was Shaun Harvey speaking, whom Blackpool fans have warned us to treat with caution.

Would be good to har from @Davo55 on this particular point.

@Hertsseasider were you the Blackpool rep in the meet? I am sure I am not the only one here who would be interested to learn what help if any this meet was for you guys. Maybe you (or whoever was the rep) might have a view on this particular point re the Charlton bid that we are discussing here?

I've no idea Prague, which is why I said we need to be sure what is being said.
  • Options

I think we all agree the asking price is too high. But the club & Aussies put out a joint statement that the price had been agreed (didn't they ? )
    And now for some reason it has been disagreed.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

You also have to remember that not every untruth is a lie. That things that were true no longer are and the other way round.

Could be a case of neither or both.

Unfortunately this isn't black and white.

The ODT is black and white. You've either passed it or you haven't. And I believe we fans have a right to know on this point. Whether Shaun Harvey has really told us today, is now being questioned. But let's see what our rep says on this.
  • Options
    Good questions being asked by Ben from Paddy Power. Will look forward to his piece.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

I think you’re right, which would also tell us the Aussie bid is dead as a door nail if the required documentation hasn’t even been submitted after all this time.