Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic and Blackpool fans to launch joint protest at EFL offices on September 14

Comments

• Options

Do my best to be there

Dress code, black and white scarf or red and white?

Red and white.....how many people outside of us Addicks do you think know the significance of the black and white scarves/protest............answer zilch!
    I never thought it was a good idea in the first place as people seeing pictures and media footage of supporters wearing black and white clothing etc wouldn’t even know they were Addicks......waste of time to be honest, sorry if I’ve offended anyone as I know those that bought and wore the clobber meant well but I think that wasn’t one of our best ideas.
    WE ARE RED AND WHITE......in case you hadn’t noticed guys ......why confuse the populous.
    Comes in handy when watching Bromley though
  • Options
    Good luck to all attending to dy.

Be with you in spirit if not body.
  • Options
    All the best today. Sadly, I can't make it, currently in Saudi. Will be following intently though. Good work all.
  • Options

I was looking forward to participating in this demo Davo.
    Events now prevent me from attending.

Am right now at my son's bedside in a Naples hospital.

He has injuries consistent with a big fall or a big beating. Police not sure yet.

Uta

Very best wishes for your son
  • Options
    Wow, @Addictedoldgit that's terrible. You must be worried sick. Here's wishing your son a speedy recovery.
  • Options

He has injuries consistent with a big fall or a big beating. Police not sure yet.

Uta

So sorry to hear this @Addictedoldgit. Your son is way more important than coming to the demo. Sending very best wishes, and hope that all is soon well.
  • Options
    Acab said:

Sorry Davo off on hols this morning but would have definitely been there. Hope fellow Cabbie Addicks turn up. Good luck with the protest.

Cheers Steve. Have a good holiday. I'm sure a few cabbies will give us some words of encouragement if we start getting in the road :wink:
  • Options
    This is so important, wider even than our own two clubs' ownership woes, the EFL need teeth/bollocks and and fast. Well done to all involved and if I wasn't on holiday I'd have spent a long lunch at the London protest.

It's been said for a long time that it's going to take a 'big' club to go under before the system changes and it now feels like a lottery that excludes a minority of clubs.
  • Options
    I have not made a sign.
    Any advice on the visuals? Dress code or whatever?
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Good luck to all attending to dy.

Be with you in spirit if not body.

Just as well. Your body would block the whole pavement
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

I have not made a sign.

I'm going with my 1975 promotion winning red and white scarf, leather hot pants white stilettos with fur trim :blush:
  • Options

seth plum said:

I have not made a sign.

I'm going with my 1975 promotion winning red and white scarf, leather hot pants white stilettos with fur trim :blush:
    So not dressing up, just your normal clothes.
  • Options

seth plum said:

I have not made a sign.

So not dressing up, just your normal clothes.
    Correct Henry, well it is dress down Friday.
  • Options

Uta

Sorry to hear that. Wish your son well and thoughts with your family.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I have not made a sign.

I'm wearing a CARD T shirt and Jeans. Red and White, Black and White all fine.
  • Options
    Good luck all
  • Options
    I still have 2 of these up here with me in Stockport if any Northern based Addicks who are going to the EFL Preston Protest today want them

Let me know
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry I cannot attend, good luck to all of those that can attend.
  • Options
    Got a meetings in London today but will stop by lunch time to show support.
  • Options
    all the best to @Addictedoldgit and his family and good luck to the protesters
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I have not made a sign.

It's a black tie event.
  • Options
    I'll be there, in a black suit and white shirt - does that count?
  • Options
    I'm in the Chiltern Firehouse having a glass of wine. Be there in 10 minutes.
  • Options
    Will try and drive by