Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic and Blackpool fans to launch joint protest at EFL offices on September 14

Comments

• Options
    Will try and pop over from the city for an hour or so. Will be good to meet some Lifers
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Davo55 said:

RedChaser said:

N01R4M said:

No-one has taken up my offer of a lift to Preston from the Stockport area - I expect the local Addicks all have work commitments.
    Since I would not be comfortable being a one woman red & white protester in a sea of tangerine, I will save my protesting for another day.
    Sadly, it looks as though there will be an on-going need.

Sorry @cafcwill but that means I will not be available to wave your banner at Preston.

My plans have changed and I will be in sunny Preston this Friday, so you will have at least one Addick up there for solidarity purposes. I don't have any banners or anything; if you can get hold of some, then great - if not, I'll have to try and improvise. I know the location and it is very close to the main railway station for anyone else considering coming by train. Do you know when the protest is due to take place?
    @bigstemarra In the CARD post after the OP it says 3.pm start and I asked @N01R4M ,whithout a response 😒, what time it was expected to finish as I might be able to get there late afternoon M6 permitting but can't guarantee it. @Davo55 I appreciate that you are involved at the London end but do you have a contact at the Blackpool Supporters Trust for more details?
    @RedChaser I will email the Chair of Blackpool Supporters Trust to try to get an answer to that
    Scrap that - I've just looked at their twitter account and a linked internet forum. They have laid on coach travel from Blackpool to Preston and they say "returning at approximately 5pm" so I think you can take that as the time they expect to end the protest.
    Ok that's great thanks. Hopefully I'll be able to get there by 4 o'clock.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Davo55 said:

RedChaser said:

N01R4M said:

No-one has taken up my offer of a lift to Preston from the Stockport area - I expect the local Addicks all have work commitments.
    Since I would not be comfortable being a one woman red & white protester in a sea of tangerine, I will save my protesting for another day.
    Sadly, it looks as though there will be an on-going need.

Sorry @cafcwill but that means I will not be available to wave your banner at Preston.

My plans have changed and I will be in sunny Preston this Friday, so you will have at least one Addick up there for solidarity purposes. I don't have any banners or anything; if you can get hold of some, then great - if not, I'll have to try and improvise. I know the location and it is very close to the main railway station for anyone else considering coming by train. Do you know when the protest is due to take place?
    @bigstemarra In the CARD post after the OP it says 3.pm start and I asked @N01R4M ,whithout a response 😒, what time it was expected to finish as I might be able to get there late afternoon M6 permitting but can't guarantee it. @Davo55 I appreciate that you are involved at the London end but do you have a contact at the Blackpool Supporters Trust for more details?
    @RedChaser I will email the Chair of Blackpool Supporters Trust to try to get an answer to that
    Scrap that - I've just looked at their twitter account and a linked internet forum. They have laid on coach travel from Blackpool to Preston and they say "returning at approximately 5pm" so I think you can take that as the time they expect to end the protest.
    So what time are the coaches leaving the valley!
  • Options
    Bump

21 "confirmed" now plus no doubt some who'll just turn up on the day.

Looking forward to seeing all you lifers. No name badges, but let's not be shy. If you're arrested for accosting strangers with cries of "you must be Davo!", I'll come and bail you out of Marylebone nick. :wink:
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Bump

Looking forward to seeing all you lifers. No name badges, but let's not be shy. If you're arrested for accosting strangers with cries of "you must be Davo!", I'll come and bail you out of Marylebone nick. :wink:

....in a couple of week's time !
  • Options

Davo55 said:

Bump

....in a couple of week's time !
    That will be even longer if he is accosted with the cry of "you must be Arsentatters!"
  • Options
    I hope to be there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I wasn’t interested in this tbh but given events this week, I’m going to try and get across London for an hour to show support if I can.

If you similarly are p’ed off with the clubs unique {...} challenge to the EFL, the general governance of football or concern for the future of our club, hopefully you too will have similar thoughts and help boost the numbers

Are we storming the offices tomorrow
  • Options

N01R4M said:

Are there any lifers in the Stockport area who fancy joining me for an afternoon in sunny Preston next Friday?

I was going to be joining Holly Willoughby for the day next friday but I might cancel for the cause. Let me mull it over.

Mulled it over.

Bollocks to the cause!

Seriously, good luck to all those involved.
    Where are you based then, stockportaddick?
    You’ll never guess!
    Is that a whoosh, or am I gonna get a whoosh back?
  • Options

In response to a message from CAST, Trusts from Orient and Wimbledon have posted details of the protest. As have the Spurs Trust, and Martin Cloake of their Trust has said he will try to be there in person. It's great to see that Trusts of FAPL clubs recognise the importance of this issue - even if their clubs' owners, and the FAPL don't.

Excellent. Thank you @PragueAddick
  • Options

I wasn’t interested in this tbh but given events this week, I’m going to try and get across London for an hour to show support if I can.

If you similarly are p’ed off with the clubs unique {...} challenge to the EFL, the general governance of football or concern for the future of our club, hopefully you too will have similar thoughts and help boost the numbers

@AFKABartram, purely out of interest, why weren't you interested in going?
  • Options
    I have had a miserable cold this week
    But I think I will dose up and go tomorrow
  • Options
    Just don't sing ' red red robin ' please Seth
  • Options
    UPDATE

Good to get the additional names "signed up". Thank you all.

My contact in the Blackpool London supporters group (BASIL) is coming along with three others.

Looking like 30+ although some may not all be there at the same time, plus whatever other club's fans come along to support us.

Looking forward to it, and to meeting you other lifers.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I have had a miserable cold this week
    But I think I will dose up and go tomorrow

Try to shake hands and then sneeze over the EFL leaders, it is about time someone gave them s*** back :smiley:
  • Options
    See you all there tomorrow
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck all
  • Options
    I was looking forward to participating in this demo Davo.
    Events now prevent me from attending.

Am right now at my son's bedside in a Naples hospital.

He has injuries consistent with a big fall or a big beating. Police not sure yet.

Uta
  • Options

He has injuries consistent with a big fall or a big beating. Police not sure yet.

Uta

So sorry to hear your news @Addictedoldgit
    Sending you and you family lots of love.
  • Options
    Sorry Davo off on hols this morning but would have definitely been there. Hope fellow Cabbie Addicks turn up. Good luck with the protest.
  • Options

Uta

Oh really!!
    Be sure to keep us updated AOG.
    In the meantime all the best from yours truly.
  • Options
    Good luck to everyone going today, spread those germs Seth!
  • Options
    Yes, to those attending today’s protesters, I salute you.