Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic and Blackpool fans to launch joint protest at EFL offices on September 14

Comments

• Absolutely gutted I can’t be there Davo......this is an excellent wheeze.
    Such a pity their HQ is in Preston nowadays.
    Can’t really speak for Addickted but I know he has a very important work related meeting that he simply cannot get out of......otherwise I’m certain you would have had the dubious pleasure of his company.....as well as witnessing him frustratingly blocking the entire pavement!
    Both of us will be there in spirit.......of that you can be 100% sure.
  • No-one has taken up my offer of a lift to Preston from the Stockport area - I expect the local Addicks all have work commitments.
    Since I would not be comfortable being a one woman red & white protester in a sea of tangerine, I will save my protesting for another day.
    Sadly, it looks as though there will be an on-going need.

Sorry @cafcwill but that means I will not be available to wave your banner at Preston.
  • Absolutely gutted I can’t be there Davo......this is an excellent wheeze.
    Such a pity their HQ is in Preston nowadays.
    Can’t really speak for Addickted but I know he has a very important work related meeting that he simply cannot get out of......otherwise I’m certain you would have had the dubious pleasure of his company.....as well as witnessing him frustratingly blocking the entire pavement!
    Both of us will be there in spirit.......of that you can be 100% sure.

Sound, Pool fans are doing the same thing at the Preston offices. I'll try and link any updates.
  • Davo55 said:

UPDATE

Well, the EFL Chairman has resigned. Running scared.....? :wink:

Huge thanks to all those so far who have committed to come. We're currently at 15 people, including the two Blackpool fans coming with @Hertsseasider. There will probably be some others who respond to twitter and facebook posts, or stories in the press, that don't advise me in advance.

The EFL offices in London are quite modest, and the pavements outside aren't very wide, so this was never going to be about big numbers. I gave an estimate of 20-30 to the Met Police liaison team so it's looking good so far. BUT - it would be great to have a few more Lifers come along, for part of the time if not the whole event. There's a pub very nearby, so a celebratory drink after the event is a distinct possibility :smile:

A few details:
    - we are congregating at 12.30pm, outside the EFL London office at 55 Blandford St, W1
    - we expect to be there until about 2pm, but will play this by ear
    - we will have the large "EFL NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE" banner there
    - @cafcwill has made 4 of his banners for the event. I'm hoping someone will be able to take delivery of these and bring them along as I'm already fully loaded
    - We are having 1,000 leaflets printed by our friend @MuttleyCAFC that we will all be handing out on the day

I have committed to the police liaison team that we will not block the entrance to the EFL building and that we will ensure pavements are open to passing pedestrians, so will be looking for everyone's co-operation with that. @Badger and @Arsenetatters will be helping me with any "stewarding" required.

So, who else fancies a nice couple of hours meeting some fellow Lifers and showing the EFL that we're going to continue to press them to hold Duchatelet accountable for the governance of our club?

All i need is an address to send these too.

There's only the 4 of them and they won't be too big/heavy either. Parcel is about the size of one you'd get if you ordered a shirt/jumper online.

Message me if you can help with this as i'd need to get them posted ASAP to get them there for Friday

Cheers
  • N01R4M said:

Are there any lifers in the Stockport area who fancy joining me for an afternoon in sunny Preston next Friday?

I was going to be joining Holly Willoughby for the day next friday but I might cancel for the cause. Let me mull it over.

Mulled it over.

Bollocks to the cause!

Seriously, good luck to all those involved.
    Where are you based then, stockportaddick?
  • N01R4M said:

Are there any lifers in the Stockport area who fancy joining me for an afternoon in sunny Preston next Friday?

I was going to be joining Holly Willoughby for the day next friday but I might cancel for the cause. Let me mull it over.

Mulled it over.

Bollocks to the cause!

You’ll never guess!
  • Thanks all. 17 confirmed now. Keep em coming.
  • N01R4M said:

Can't promise but I might be able to get there late afternoon @N01R4M . What time is it expected to end?
  • cafcwill said:

Davo55 said:

UPDATE

Huge thanks to all those so far who have committed to come. We're currently at 15 people, including the two Blackpool fans coming with @Hertsseasider. There will probably be some others who respond to twitter and facebook posts, or stories in the press, that don't advise me in advance.

The EFL offices in London are quite modest, and the pavements outside aren't very wide, so this was never going to be about big numbers. I gave an estimate of 20-30 to the Met Police liaison team so it's looking good so far. BUT - it would be great to have a few more Lifers come along, for part of the time if not the whole event. There's a pub very nearby, so a celebratory drink after the event is a distinct possibility :smile:

A few details:
    - we are congregating at 12.30pm, outside the EFL London office at 55 Blandford St, W1
    - @cafcwill has made 4 of his banners for the event. I'm hoping someone will be able to take delivery of these and bring them along as I'm already fully loaded
    - We are having 1,000 leaflets printed by our friend @MuttleyCAFC that we will all be handing out on the day

I have committed to the police liaison team that we will not block the entrance to the EFL building and that we will ensure pavements are open to passing pedestrians, so will be looking for everyone's co-operation with that. @Badger and @Arsenetatters will be helping me with any "stewarding" required.

So, who else fancies a nice couple of hours meeting some fellow Lifers and showing the EFL that we're going to continue to press them to hold Duchatelet accountable for the governance of our club?

All i need is an address to send these too.

There's only the 4 of them and they won't be too big/heavy either. Parcel is about the size of one you'd get if you ordered a shirt/jumper online.

Message me if you can help with this as i'd need to get them posted ASAP to get them there for Friday

Cheers
    I've asked one of those attending if they are able to take delivery of these from @cafcwill and bring them on the day.

However, if there's anyone else coming who would be good enough to do this it would be much appreciated. Will does a great job with his banners and we would dearly love to have them with us outside EFL.

Please let me or @cafcwill know asap.
  • Sponsored links:

• We've got a taker for the banners @cafcwill

Address to follow via PM asap
  • I only read the thread title and some of the brief responses but it sounds like excellent news and it's the way forward.

Good on Blackpool as well full respect.
  • What’s the nearest tube station and how far from there?
  • N01R4M said:

Mulled it over.

Bollocks to the cause!

To be more precise than Stockport, I live in Bramhall.

Sadly (or luckily) my day with Holly Willoughby has been penciled in for the best part of a year now and there is no way I can pull out.

Baker Street.....Blandford Street is about a 5 minute walk to the South.

Baker Street.....Blandford Street is about a 5 minute walk to the South.</blockquo

Bond Street about the same I reckon

Correct mri.
  • edited September 2018

What’s the nearest tube station and how far from there?

Or, pretty much the same distance north of Bond St tube if you're on the Central Line.

Edit: Just noticed already mentioned above.
  • N01R4M said:

Mulled it over.

Bollocks to the cause!

To be more precise than Stockport, I live in Bramhall.

Sadly (or luckily) my day with Holly Willoughby has been penciled in for the best part of a year now and there is no way I can pull out.
    Have a browse on the Vasectomy thread mate :wink: .
  • Sponsored links:

• Davo55 said:

UPDATE

A few details:

The 1000 leaflets will probably be dumped at the first opportunity by people out for lunch. How about sending them to Efl clubs trusts/ supporters clubs for dispersal to those with an interest.
  • Davo55 said:

UPDATE

A few details:

The 1000 leaflets will probably be dumped at the first opportunity by people out for lunch. How about sending them to Efl clubs trusts/ supporters clubs for dispersal to those with an interest.
    We spread the word of our campaign to other clubs supporters via social media and sometimes using the FSF. We want something visual on the day that explains our presence.
  • N01R4M said:

No-one has taken up my offer of a lift to Preston from the Stockport area - I expect the local Addicks all have work commitments.
    Since I would not be comfortable being a one woman red & white protester in a sea of tangerine, I will save my protesting for another day.

Sorry @cafcwill but that means I will not be available to wave your banner at Preston.

I'm planning to be there. Would be good to meet any addicks
  • I will be there.
  • N01R4M said:

No-one has taken up my offer of a lift to Preston from the Stockport area - I expect the local Addicks all have work commitments.

My plans have changed and I will be in sunny Preston this Friday, so you will have at least one Addick up there for solidarity purposes. I don't have any banners or anything; if you can get hold of some, then great - if not, I'll have to try and improvise. I know the location and it is very close to the main railway station for anyone else considering coming by train. Do you know when the protest is due to take place?
  • edited September 2018

N01R4M said:

My plans have changed and I will be in sunny Preston this Friday, so you will have at least one Addick up there for solidarity purposes. I don't have any banners or anything; if you can get hold of some, then great - if not, I'll have to try and improvise. I know the location and it is very close to the main railway station for anyone else considering coming by train. Do you know when the protest is due to take place?
    @bigstemarra In the CARD post after the OP it says 3.pm start and I asked @N01R4M ,whithout a response 😒, what time it was expected to finish as I might be able to get there late afternoon M6 permitting but can't guarantee it. @Davo55 I appreciate that you are involved at the London end but do you have a contact at the Blackpool Supporters Trust for more details?
  • edited September 2018

N01R4M said:

I can help with the banner side of things @bigstemarra if you heading to Preston. all i need is an address (PM Me) and i'll get one sent to you
  • Sorry @RedChaser ; only just caught up with your message, and I know no more than what is on this thread, that the Preston protest starts at 3pm.

Since making the decision not to go, I've committed myself to something else on Friday so thank you very much for those who've said that they are going to Preston but I won't be able to join you. I hope it goes really well.
  • RedChaser said:

N01R4M said:

@bigstemarra In the CARD post after the OP it says 3.pm start and I asked @N01R4M ,whithout a response 😒, what time it was expected to finish as I might be able to get there late afternoon M6 permitting but can't guarantee it. @Davo55 I appreciate that you are involved at the London end but do you have a contact at the Blackpool Supporters Trust for more details?
    @RedChaser I will email the Chair of Blackpool Supporters Trust to try to get an answer to that
  • Davo55 said:

RedChaser said:

N01R4M said:

@RedChaser I will email the Chair of Blackpool Supporters Trust to try to get an answer to that
    Scrap that - I've just looked at their twitter account and a linked internet forum. They have laid on coach travel from Blackpool to Preston and they say "returning at approximately 5pm" so I think you can take that as the time they expect to end the protest.