Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vernon Roper RIP

124»

Comments

• Options
    Can only echo what others have said on here. A real nice guy and welcomed us to the West Sussex area with typical bonhomie. Despite health problems he used to make sure everyone was ok on the Valley Express seving teas and sandwiches. Sad news. Lovely guy.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Didnt know who this was until BC just mentioned Red hair and cructhes.

Seen him every home game in Upper North J Block.

R.I.P Vernon
  • Options
    edited September 2018
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Davo55 said:

Great tributes from @catfordmorry and @bc_addick , well said chaps.

Thanks Davo, we’ll all treasure our memories of Betty and Vernon.
  • Options
    Rip
  • Options
    If anyone has details of Vernon’s funeral perhaps they could inbox me, please.
  • Options
    Been informed it's at 2.00 pm on Thursday 11th October. Will have venue details on Saturday.
  • Options
    Vernon's funeral is this week
    Thursday, 11th October 2018
    2.00 pm Downs Crematorium Brighton.
    RIP my friend.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Sadly we're not home until Friday as reaĺly wanted to attend to say goodbye to this lovely man

I'm sure there will be a great turnout and someone from our club in attendance would be much appreciated.

Sleep tight, Vern.
  • Options

Sadly we're not home until Friday as reaĺly wanted to attend to say goodbye to this lovely man

I'm sure there will be a great turnout and someone from our club in attendance would be much appreciated.

Sleep tight, Vern.

I will make sure everyone at the service hears your message Fanny x
  • Options
    Hope that all of you who are going give him a good send off and the day goes as well as it can