Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vernon Roper RIP

Comments

• Options
    RIP . I had a season ticket next to him and his wife in the east stand back in the prem days along with my son who was only 6 then . Lovely couple . RIP Vernon . You will be missed .
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Thank you Vernon.
  • Options
    RIP Vernon.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Vernon was an absolute champion of a man. I had the great pleasure of knowing Vernon since I was a little child, traveling on his coaches to away matches throughout the 90s and naughties.Apparently, he was a cracking footballer in the day playing semi pro in the Suffolk area.

Vernon was a kind and caring person who was always brilliant to me as a kid and now an adult. Whether on the coach to away match, outside The Valley or at Plumpton Racecourse he always had enough time for a chat.

He was one of the good guys who made Charlton the family club in which we are today. Vernon loved Charlton, which eventually led to him dying his hair red and into a Mohawk to show his support.

Attending The Valley will be less enjoyable knowing Vernon won’t be on Floyd Road before kick off to have a chat with. I for one will definitely miss you.
    On match days I normally arrive late and usually only get a quick hello, but I arrived with plenty of time at the Fleetwood match to speak to him and his girlfriend.

Rest In Peace Vernon, and thank you for being a great friend to my family and I, you always will be missed.

Nice tribute Robert, very well said mate. Can only echo what you and others have said. Every time I met him he came across as a true gentleman and hope that he is now reunited with his wife and can rest in peace
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Wow that's terrible news. I met Vernon on a number of occasions and he was a thoroughly nice chap.

RIP
  • Options
    RIP we are losing fans the like of which we may never replace.
  • Options
    Certainly knew the name and, from Rick’s video there, the face. A really bad day, losing two amazing fans. Rest in Peace Vernon.
  • Options
    Gutted to hear the news this morning. RIP Vernon.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I knew the face, I knew the name, but never met Vernon and didn't put the two together. What a very sad loss. RIP Vernon.

Great tribute @SouthWest_Addicks.
  • Options
    RIP Vernon, truly lovely man.
  • Options
    RIP Vernon
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Awful news - RIP Vernon.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options