Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer announced as permanent manager

Comments

• Options
    Six months overdue and suggest to me the takeover is nowhere near close.
  • Options
    Regardless of the behind the scenes issue I am happy for Lee and the team likely echo this. He's done all he could and is gaining respect from our fan base even though he is 'part of the regime'.
    Good luck Lee. Get lost Roland.
  • Options
    Not entirely convinced about him as a coach. But he has has done enough to deserve a contract to the end of the season. It was rediculous to continue with him as a caretaker for so long and this can only be a positive in terms of the on field issues for the rest of the season. Don't think it indicates any new developments with regard to Takeover. Takeover still a probability before end of season.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    great news .. now we are getting somewhere after years of useless and worse than useless managerial appointments

EDIT .. but just until the season's end is too short a period .. we need stability and long term (ish) planning for the next 3 to 4 years
  • Options
    Sacked in the morning
    He'll be sacked in the morning!!
  • Options
    No coincidence this is announced on the day of the Bromley meeting.
  • Options
    How can it be good news, when it all but confirms that the takeover is off and we are therefore stuck with the old loon indefinitely?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Pleased about this but does that mean the RD's not going anywhere soon?

Looks that way.
  • Options

MrLargo said:

On the one hand, it's good - bit of stability, etc.

On the other hand, presume this means we won't be rid of Roland in the foreseeable.

Au contraire, I suspect it might mean we could well be. RD’s upped the ante, the players that have been brought in are quality, we’ve even got Igor and appointing Bowyer permanent Manager justs adds to the sense that Charlton could be on the cusp of a very good season. Thinking of buying the club ? You’d better make your move soon or get left behind is the message this gives out.
    Lets' not get too carried away. See where we are after the next 6 or 7 games. Seen too many false dawns over the past four years.

• Options

How can it be good news, when it all but confirms that the takeover is off and we are therefore stuck with the old loon indefinitely?

Did you think the takeover was close before you saw the news?
  • Options

Six months overdue and suggest to me the takeover is nowhere near close.

Or they've agreed they'd keep him on.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Did you think the takeover was close before you saw the news?
    Good point mate, we are only guessing what it means.

• Options
    seth plum said:

Good news

I hope Bow got everything in writing.

Dont think that matters with twat face.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

With the obvious exception of still having RD as owner,we now are about as near as we will ever get to having our Charlton back.Bowyer,Jacko in charge of the team,plenty of good young players coming through,and when injury free probably the best squad in this division.I think it is now up to the supporters to back the team,and get us out of this division.

Jesus wept. Roland is still the owner. Murray is still a liar. We still don't have a CEO, CFO or indeed any UK based executive. We have a Finance guy from one of RD's companies slashing costs and lying to a Fans Forum.

We are a million miles from getting our Charlton back.

Bowyer is doing well. We've got some decent players in. There ARE positives. But the dark, rancid, twisted cloud of doom that is Duchatelet is still pervading our club.

Edit: AND the pieman still skulking away in his rats nest of an office. Fair play though - can't be too many senior managers at a football club who employ plain clothes personal protection officers, are allegedly involved in ordering or sanctioning an assault on a young fan and STILL keep their job.
    Great post.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I actually think Charlton "no one knows what the f*cks going on" Athletic.......

Is a club that is more likely to get results then a confusing micky taking false sense of security action....which is giving bowyer the job on a full time permenant basis.

It's not a solid and realistic move. I also don't think it will do Bowyer many favours.

Maybe he feels good for now.....but he has just been added to that list hasn't he. A few names on the list;

1. Karl Robinson

2. Russel Slade

3. Guy Luzon

4. That bald fella

5. Someone else

Plus roughly 5 more

Lee...I'm sorry but I think you may have made a move that wasn't exactly the best timing.

Roland seriously just f*ck off

• Options
    Great news I like Lee and I think he has a good mentality and connection to the club
  • Options
    Great news.
  • Options
    great news
  • Options
    Finally about time too!! doesn't really say much for the takeover but hopefully this is a positive step forward... COYR
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

I actually think Charlton "no one knows what the f*cks going on" Athletic.......

Is a club that is more likely to get results then a confusing micky taking false sense of security action....which is giving bowyer the job on a full time permenant basis.

It's not a solid and realistic move. I also don't think it will do Bowyer many favours.

Maybe he feels good for now.....but he has just been added to that list hasn't he. A few names on the list;

1. Karl Robinson

2. Russel Slade

3. Guy Luzon

4. That bald fella

5. Someone else

Plus roughly 5 more

Lee...I'm sorry but I think you may have made a move that wasn't exactly the best timing.

Roland seriously just f*ck off

Hardly unique to us though when you consider that two clubs in L1 have already sacked their managers this season
  • Options
    thats just about confirmation that its not happening