Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

75 inch television

Comments

• Talal said:

Very nice, not sure about the giant turd in the middle of the garden though ;)

Without opening myself up to more ridicule, the 'turd' is a 600lb jasper which originates from a mine in Afghanistan. We'll just leave it there, eh?
  • JohnBoyUK said:

It looks like a log cabin from the outside but inside its a bit different... ideal for watching the football/cricket/sport in peace and quiet and NIL nagging from wife when she's watching her crap in the house. Doubles up as a bar/gym/photography studio and is totally soundproofed for late night parties (we had 30 people in last Christmas), turbo sessions with Metallica blasting out or screaming abuse at Tottenham on the box. We had a 40" on the wall when it was first finished and it looked ridiculously small so we upgraded.

Excuse the mess as I was in the middle of testing some wiring behind the tv as my firebox had died but you can't see any of it now.
    When I'm on the turbo, I have to move the bike away from the tv as I end up with a headache from being so close to it.
    (PS) before anyone mentions the pink cushions, they're back in the house now. They don't live in my man cave.

Anyway, I digress, back to TVs :)

Now,.... that's what I want for Christmas !

Only got to convince the Wife to by it for me now !!
  • JohnBoyUK said:

It looks like a log cabin from the outside but inside its a bit different... ideal for watching the football/cricket/sport in peace and quiet and NIL nagging from wife when she's watching her crap in the house. Doubles up as a bar/gym/photography studio and is totally soundproofed for late night parties (we had 30 people in last Christmas), turbo sessions with Metallica blasting out or screaming abuse at Tottenham on the box. We had a 40" on the wall when it was first finished and it looked ridiculously small so we upgraded.

Excuse the mess as I was in the middle of testing some wiring behind the tv as my firebox had died but you can't see any of it now.
    When I'm on the turbo, I have to move the bike away from the tv as I end up with a headache from being so close to it.
    (PS) before anyone mentions the pink cushions, they're back in the house now. They don't live in my man cave.

@JohnBoyUK - lend me a fiver
    @JohnBoyUK - Want to buy a football club?
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Talal said:

Without opening myself up to more ridicule, the 'turd' is a 600lb jasper which originates from a mine in Afghanistan. We'll just leave it there, eh?
    Fair enough, imagine very dear. Apologies if you took offence.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Now,.... that's what I want for Christmas !

Only got to convince the Wife to by it for me now !!
    Assume you mean the pink cushions?
  • I would have used the money wasted on the rock to get a bigger tele.bet you was over your wait allowance bringing that home from Afghanistan you got bloody strong suit case as well
  • JohnBoyUK said:

I hope the Missus runs down with your cuppa or else it will get cold.
  • edited September 2018
    Talal said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Talal said:

Lol no mate, no offence taken at all. I can't argue that it doesn't look like a turd when wet! My wife has got this thing for crystals and minerals. Her best mate imports them. Trust me, I would have preferred a little water feature but there you go!

I would have used the money wasted on the rock to get a bigger tele.bet you was over your wait allowance bringing that home from Afghanistan you got bloody strong suit case as well

Ha I make you right as well! :)

I hope the Missus runs down with your cuppa or else it will get cold.

Kettle and tea/coffee behind the bar. She's proper rubbish at making tea, so take her out of the equation.
  • Sponsored links:

• We used to have a Pye, black and white, 10" TV in the 1950's.

Although I was a bit smaller then.

mmmmmmmm Pye.
  • edited September 2018
    JohnBoyUK said:

Talal said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Talal said:

Lol no mate, no offence taken at all. I can't argue that it doesn't look like a turd when wet! My wife has got this thing for crystals and minerals. Her best mate imports them. Trust .
    Can your wife's mate import me some crystal meth?
    Very moreish.
  • Unless your new room is the size of a football pitch a 75 inch TV will look ridiculous
  • se9addick said:

Unless your new room is the size of a football pitch a 75 inch TV will look ridiculous

Well this couldn't be more wrong.
  • Sounds like Johnboys got center parcs in his back garden.
  • edited September 2018
    I do Talal. It's on the wall of my kitchen side return - Samsung UE75XXXXXX. Have had it for six months and very pleased with it. I use it as a computer monitor (using it now) as well as a some-time TV. I no longer need to wear glasses! I paid a bit over £2k in a sale so probably still around the £2k price. They have "The Art" version now which will show a painting or equivalent when off which is a nice idea and they are just under £2k.....
  • Sounds good @Cardinal Sin. What is the model number? All those X's don't come up with anything.
  • cafcpolo said:

se9addick said:

Unless your new room is the size of a football pitch a 75 inch TV will look ridiculous

Too right it is. A 75in would look good in any room.

On TV shows, typically property shows, the people on them always bang on about the kitchen, it being the heart of the home, we spend all our time here and "we like to cook". Absolute nonsense, the average guy does a days work comes home slobs out on the sofa and puts the telly on.
    And what better way of entertaining guests, putting the motor racing, cricket, football or even a film, (if you have weird people who don't like sport), in UHD.
  • cafcpolo said:

se9addick said:

On TV shows, typically property shows, the people on them always bang on about the kitchen, it being the heart of the home, we spend all our time here and "we like to cook". Absolute nonsense, the average guy does a days work comes home slobs out on the sofa and puts the telly on.
    And what better way of entertaining guests, putting the motor racing, cricket, football or even a film, (if you have weird people who don't like sport), in UHD.
    Charades, Scrabble and Swinging all come to mind.
  • cafcpolo said:

se9addick said:

I'd never get a swing in my living room, 8'2" ceiling.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafcpolo said:

se9addick said:

I'd never get a swing in my living room, 8'2" ceiling.
    Get one of these and you can hang it (or so Im told)

• JohnBoyUK said:

Well Jel of your man cave... Need to win the boss over to get one of these one day.
  • If you are planning to put a TV of that size in the room you should be sitting at least 14 feet from it, otherwise you don't get the benefit of it.
  • If you are planning to put a TV of that size in the room you should be sitting at least 14 feet from it, otherwise you don't get the benefit of it.

Well, ..... there's definitely 2 feet in the picture !!
  • I’ve got a Sony 75 inch screen bloody brilliant!!! Had it three years now and the best gadget I’ve ever owned. I’ve just built a cinema room and I’m getting the Sony 85 inch for that room.
  • Not sure which brand to go with yet. Want 100Hz but it gets difficult when Samsung etc use things like pqi which is pretty meaningless. LG's trumotion is off putting though I believe you can usually turn it off. Sony seems to be a bit pricier than rivals and reviews no better. Hisense is another option. Decisions decisions.
  • UE75M7000.....
  • Good luck.. Good exercise for your head.
  • So we did the cardboard cut out thing, living it up on a Friday night... 65" it is.
  • Talal - I had a 55 inch TV on the wall and drew a 75 inch frame just to be sure. Lived with it for a few months whilst I decided. I have a big wall so it works fine. Surprising how quickly you get used to it.