Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rachael Bland - RIP

2»

Comments

• Best wishes to @WelshAddick and of course Mrs WelshAddick. Can't imagine how tough this must be for you.
  • My wife is 44 and battling breast cancer. This year has been horrific and at one point the chemotherapy stopped working and we were so close to being told that's it. What these people go through is incredible and the mental torture is just as bad.

So sorry to hear that Welsh. I pray everything will be ok for you both.
  • Thinking of you @WelshAddick and your dear wife at this very difficult time.

It must be so difficult to stay strong & positive but please remember that your fellow Lifers are here for you if/when you want to rant, or even seek some advice from others that have been through a similar nightmare.

Take care.
  • My thoughts and best wishes to you and your wife welshaddick.My Sister fought breast cancer for three years and thankfully came through so partly understand what you are going through
    RIP Rachael
  • RIP. Brave woman.
  • RIP

Lost a cousin to this 20 years ago, my sister had a scare this year as well.

Stay strong WA. As for your boss, words fail me.
  • Too much sadness around with this damned Big C......way way way too much.
    RIP brave lady RIP......and my very Best Wishes to WelshAddick and his loved ones.
  • 5 live have played a selection of her reporting over the years. The one where she tries to say the name 'Randy Bum-Gardener' without laughing is brilliant. Lovely lady, RIP.
  • My wife is 44 and battling breast cancer. This year has been horrific and at one point the chemotherapy stopped working and we were so close to being told that's it. What these people go through is incredible and the mental torture is just as bad.

Just seen your post Welsh. Sending you both good wishes.
  • So very sad. RIP Rachael, you were a very inspirational woman.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry to hear your story Welshaddick, best of luck to your wife and yourself.
  • Very sad.
    Much too young.
    RIP
  • RIP to a very brave,inspiring lady. @WelshAddick, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your courageous wife,best wishes to you both.
  • Such a sad story and a very brave lady

@welshaddick sending best wishes and fingers crossed your wife makes a full recovery, stay strong

Can’t even begin to think if it were my missus.
  • Rachael Bland is amazing - RIP

@WelshAddick my wife (similar age) just had 5-year all clear from same condition - fingers crossed you will be able to say the same - stay strong

• Sorry to read your news @WelshAddick
    Hope things go well
  • edited September 2018
    Opened this thread to write RIP Rachael.

Now my heart goes out to Mr & Mrs Welsh Addick. Wishing you every strength to continue the fight and reach the best possible outcome. Such a bloody awful disease.
  • Sponsored links:

Sorry to read of this welsh. My thoughts are with you both

Caught the tail end of newsnight. Hadn’t even heard of Rachael until today. Completely moved by everything I’ve read and seen about her. Special woman in the face of what she went through and how she tackled it.
  • So sad, RIP Rachael.

@WelshAddick best of luck to you and your wife.
  • Until I saw a tweet from WSS yesterday. I’ve never heard of this lady. RIP, no one deserves to die at that age.

@WelshAddick that was a very difficult read so it was obviously 10 times harder a difficult write. A million positive thoughts to you and your good lady, we’re all backing you both mate

So sorry to hear that. Wish your wife all the best in beating this dreadful disease. R.I.P. Rachel, you battled bravely.
  • a very sad story rip fuck cancer
  • Best wishes to you and your wife, @WelshAddick. I hope you can take some small comfort from the moral support on CL. I wish you both well.
  • RIP Rachael.

Thoughts and best wishes to @WelshAddick and family at this tough time.