Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ryder Cup 2018 September 28th-30th

Comments

• Options
    He's holed one!
  • Options
    I think the Americans are better putters but we are better off the tee.

Rose & Rahm should have won their match this morning. US got lucky on the par 3 but R&R should have had it wrapoed up by then.

Woods must have a back problem but isbt a team player in any case.
  • Options
    Dont know what we put in the Yanks lunch but its working well so far!
  • Options
    Fleetwood superb
  • Options
    This is great to watch
  • Options
    Wow. 14 up collectively after roughly half the afternoon round!! Didn’t see that coming. Need to rub their noses in it now.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Johnson is putting like a 28 handicapper,brilliant. Did not see this coming this morning
  • Options
    7 up after 9! Crazy.

What's the biggest win/quickest finish in a Ryder Cup match, does anyone know? Could win 8 or 9 & 7 here.
  • Options
    They've just said, 8&7 in Singles but 7&6 in Fourballs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could well be a bit gutted if you'd sat by the 17th or 18th this afternoon.
  • Options
    What a 3 on the 13th that was !!! After the tee shot you'd be lucky to be looking at a par. How McIlroy got that on the green from there I'll never know. The Poults holes it.....
  • Options

What a 3 on the 13th that was !!! After the tee shot you'd be lucky to be looking at a par. How McIlroy got that on the green from there I'll never know. The Poults holes it.....

I know how he did it but I don’t know how he didn’t give himself a hernia doing it!!
  • Options
    gutted I'm not watching at the moment, will have to settle for the highlights later....an afternoon whitewash would be unbelievable after the morning
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Fear that we are getting to lose this Ryder Cup by some way. Much will now depend on whether the likes of Poulter and Garcia can galvanise the rest of the team with some big wins.

Enjoying the commentary on Sky especially from Laura Davies who always speaks her mind.

Commentary always good on Sky but not so sure about the visual coverage. They seem to be all over the place. I have the radio on too and Sky are sometimes minutes late showing crucial shots. There are only 16 players out there not 190 but we still don't get to see every shot, especially tee-shots. No excuse but with the adverts and pointless interviews they seem to waste so much air time.
    Even more ridiculous when they show the overall scoreboard with Molinari and Fleetwood 3 up after 11 but then in commentary pretend that they are actually 4 up after 10 to allow them to show viewers two minutes later losing the 11th!
  • Options

gutted I'm not watching at the moment, will have to settle for the highlights later....an afternoon whitewash would be unbelievable after the morning

I've cancelled all meetings this afternoon and glued to it in my office, with the instruction to keep me loaded with mugs of tea!

The septics don't like it up 'em!!
  • Options

Riviera said:

Fear that we are getting to lose this Ryder Cup by some way. Much will now depend on whether the likes of Poulter and Garcia can galvanise the rest of the team with some big wins.

Enjoying the commentary on Sky especially from Laura Davies who always speaks her mind.

Commentary always good on Sky but not so sure about the visual coverage. They seem to be all over the place. I have the radio on too and Sky are sometimes minutes late showing crucial shots. There are only 16 players out there not 190 but we still don't get to see every shot, especially tee-shots. No excuse but with the adverts and pointless interviews they seem to waste so much air time.
    Even more ridiculous when they show the overall scoreboard with Molinari and Fleetwood 3 up after 11 but then in commentary pretend that they are actually 4 up after 10 to allow them to show viewers two minutes later losing the 11th!
    Yes. Agree with all this. They were so fixated with showing the first tee shots this morning that they kept going away from people about to take important putts only for the gems to be given away by the huge roars or groans giving the game away. Then they showed you the putt and you already knew what happened. Then this afternoon they would go to someone and say eg. “Noren now playing the third after Sergio dumps it in the lake”. When that hadn’t shown Sergio doing so.

I’m also finding it difficult to see the balls landing on the greens. My eyesight isn’t the greatest but I’m sure that could do something about the colour contrast.
  • Options
    4-3 to us now!
  • Options
    soon to be 5-3. A real trouncing.
  • Options

Four all at the end of day one.

You heard it here first.

I posted this before the afternoon matches started.
    How pessimist was I.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't see that coming, what an afternoon for Europe.
  • Options
    Has to be said that USA were incredibly poor this afternoon.
  • Options
    Now that's a comeback!!! At one stage this afternoon EU had won 17 holes the USA just 3!! Not sure what the final count was?
    However an emphatic win 3&2, 4&2, 5&4, 5&4. Whereas this morning it was (to US) - 1 up, 4&2 and 1 up, with EU getting the final point 3&1.
    Now need to consolidate tomorrow, but only 9 1/2 points needed to win the cup back....C'mon Europe!!
  • Options
    Great afternoon. Shame about the point/half-point thrown away by Rose&Rahm this morning. Could be 5 1/2-2 1/2 or 6-2 now instead of 5-3.
    Wonder if we could see the same European pairings as this afternoon in the morning.
  • Options

Great afternoon. Shame about the point/half-point thrown away by Rose&Rahm this morning. Could be 5 1/2-2 1/2 or 6-2 now instead of 5-3.
    Wonder if we could see the same European pairings as this afternoon in the morning.

I could see the same pairings tomorrow afternoon, maybe not in the morning. Fourballs and foursomes are such different games.
  • Options
    Wow, been busy all day so missed this.

What an afternoon
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

I could see the same pairings tomorrow afternoon, maybe not in the morning. Fourballs and foursomes are such different games.
    They are different but I wonder how it would affect the Americans to see those same pairings. After this afternoon I don't think that they would fancy playing against any of them and they would have all night to think about it.
  • Options
    What a bashing this afternoon was! Get in, think we need to be a few up going into singles to stand a chance still. Game on!

I cancelled day in pub as cold/man flu so been watching it in bed most of the day, great turnaround but think its more down to the Americans not performing +12 collectively is not going to cut it at this stage.

Fleetwood been the best player for me so far, long way to go lets not get complacent. I still make America slight faves (bookies dont)
  • Options

bobmunro said:

They are different but I wonder how it would affect the Americans to see those same pairings. After this afternoon I don't think that they would fancy playing against any of them and they would have all night to think about it.
    You could well be right.