Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ryder Cup 2018 September 28th-30th

Comments

• Options
    Dogshit golf from Rory all morning,Yanks win without doing much at all
  • Options

Mcilroy and Olesen really disappointing

McIlroy really disappointing you mean.
    Yep. Apologies to Olesen,hes been let down by his playing partner
  • Options
    Can't believe Rose just did that.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Nope,me neither. That will be a major kick in the nuts to lose that match,been on top nearly all the way round. The fluke Finau had hitting the sleeper was the turning point
  • Options
    looking like 4-0 after this morning
  • Options

Nope,me neither. That will be a major kick in the nuts to lose that match,been on top nearly all the way round. The fluke Finar had hitting the sleeper was the turning point
    Very true about Finau's huge slice of luck but, considering the position that Rahm was in, Rose should not have been taking chances. Looking at the other matches, half a point was better than USA getting the full point.
  • Options

Yep. Nowhere near good enough from the europeans this morning. Putting overall has been atrocious.
  • Options
    Yes Tommy Fleetwood
  • Options

3-1 I reckon - Fleetwood will do it!
  • Options
    Need Casey to come up with something special at the 18th.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    .... Or Hatton!!
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Brilliant from Fleetwood.

Could even get away with 2.5-1.5 if we're lucky here.
  • Options
    Superb from Fleetwood
  • Options
    Didn't think that was going to drop. Brilliant from Fleetwood. Chance for Hatton too.
  • Options
    Just came back last night after 4 excellent games in France (2x St Omer Le Val, Hardelot Dunes and Pins). Weather was gorgeous but the air is cold and the ball was not flying as far as usual. Forecast a little windier today and the National course is wide open so will be an interesting afternoon.

I’ve watched the start and the finish of the morning round. Spieth is a menace with the putter and Koepka is a serial gobber. Wish he’d stop it or at least that sky would stop focussing in him doing it.

• Options
    Need to win the last match now for sure
  • Options
    Rose/Rahm is the one that has hurt us, looked like at least a half.
  • Options
    Fear that we are getting to lose this Ryder Cup by some way. Much will now depend on whether the likes of Poulter and Garcia can galvanise the rest of the team with some big wins.

Enjoying the commentary on Sky especially from Laura Davies who always speaks her mind.
  • Options
    Rose/Rahm should have won.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Fear that we are getting to lose this Ryder Cup by some way. Much will now depend on whether the likes of Poulter and Garcia can galvanise the rest of the team with some big wins.

Enjoying the commentary on Sky especially from Laura Davies who always speaks her mind.

Need a good afternoon after this mornings abortion. Molinari and Fleetwood have surprised me,played some great golf the last few holes. Woods looks like his back is playing him up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Commentary always good on Sky but not so sure about the visual coverage. They seem to be all over the place. I have the radio on too and Sky are sometimes minutes late showing crucial shots. There are only 16 players out there not 190 but we still don't get to see every shot, especially tee-shots. No excuse but with the adverts and pointless interviews they seem to waste so much air time.
  • Options
    Cancelled my game on Sunday afternoon to watch this. If America take a sizeable lead into tomorrow afternoon I think I’ll reconsider. A long long loooong way to go but I do fancy the USA. Looking at the afternoon pairings I can see another 3-1 this afternoon. 6-2 down would be a very big ask for this team.
  • Options
    Molinari you legend
  • Options
    Wood completely out of touch....body language dreadful.
  • Options
    Four all at the end of day one.

You heard it here first.
  • Options
    Should have been so much better but could have been so much worse.
    No way back from 4-0 but 3-1, who knows?
  • Options
    It has to be said that this course is absolutely stunning and suits the Ryder Cup perfectly.
    I've played a bit in France and all the courses were lovely, wonder why there has never been any real dominate French players? Only Van De Velde and Thomas Levet come to mind. A small bit of googling does reveal that the first non Brit to win the Open was a Frenchman and he remains the only French major winner. That was in 1907!
  • Options
    Riviera said:

It has to be said that this course is absolutely stunning and suits the Ryder Cup perfectly.
    I've played a bit in France and all the courses were lovely, wonder why there has never been any real dominate French players? Only Van De Velde and Thomas Levet come to mind. A small bit of googling does reveal that the first non Brit to win the Open was a Frenchman and he remains the only French major winner. That was in 1907!

Good point. Golf in France has until very recently been a very elitist minority sport (much more so than here). Very few French people play. I’ve okayed at Le Touquet, St Omer and Hardelot in the last 18 months are barely saw a French person.
  • Options
    Rory carries on where he left off this morning. He doesnt look happy.
  • Options

Rory carries on where he left off this morning. He doesnt look happy.

I think one thing's for certain - he won't be playing in the morning.