Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Couple Questions About Stands At The Valley

Two questions...

Was curious, in looking at pricing of season tickets over the years, I notice that the upper level on The Covered End is more expensive than the lower level. Are they considered better seats? Wouldn't everyone rather be close to the net?

Also, which are considered the better seats, the NW Quadrants or the Family Stand?

Comments

• Two questions...

Was curious, in looking at pricing of season tickets over the years, I notice that the upper level on The Covered End is more expensive than the lower level. Are they considered better seats? Wouldn't everyone rather be close to the net?

Also, which are considered the better seats, the NW Quadrants or the Family Stand?

Upper North is more popular as its traditionally where the atmosphere is (most stadiums have a particular section that are louder than the rest, this is ours). Also, under FL rules, we have to charge away fans the same ticket prices as home fans in the commensurate stand so I think individual match tickets in the lower are relatively more expensive (compared to the season ticket price) as that is the part of the stadium considered equivalent to the Jimmy Seed. Oh and no, the view is probably worse from a lower tier seat behind the goal, you want a bit of height for perspective (which is why I’ve never understood managers sitting at pitch level, the view of what’s going on must be dreadful).

Don’t think there’s any difference between the NW Quadrant and the Fanily Stand, just depends how much you want to see your kids I guess !
  • The seats in the lower tier are bolted on to the old terrace steps with little legroom and a shallow rake.
  • The seats in the lower tier are bolted on to the old terrace steps with little legroom and a shallow rake.

Could those be ripped out and new seats put in with wider spacing or would it require the old cement be ripped out as well?

How about solving the issue by applying for safe standing there? =)
  • The regime isn't paying its staff or its suppliers so not going to spend money on safe standing.

But long term it would be the logical area to use for standing if it is made possible in the upper divisions and if we ever have a forward thinking owner and CEO.

Assuming we’re ever involved in the “upper divisions”...
  • We stood at Accrington and I loved it. Then at Southend, I'd completely forgotten that you have to sit - until I got siddarned. Having the option to sit would be infinitely better for both standers and sitters than the awful one size fits all policy of the moment. As Henry says though, It ain't gonna happen under the current regime. Actually, can it be called a regime anymore? One part time absentee director and one long-distance commuting bean counter doesn't seem worthy of the epithet.
  • safe standing in the north lower would entice a lot of people back there I reckon

The "sneaky groper" market
  • Fumbluff said:

The regime isn't paying its staff or its suppliers so not going to spend money on safe standing.

But long term it would be the logical area to use for standing if it is made possible in the upper divisions and if we ever have a forward thinking owner and CEO.

Assuming we’re ever involved in the “upper divisions”...
    Assuming we're ever involved in a take over by a new owner.
  • Couple of questions...
  • Sponsored links:

I don't think it's the same rake as when it was a terrace, but it's not as good as more modern stands
  • Two questions...

why not attend a game & see for yourself...
  • Two questions...

The seats in upper level of the covered end are more expensive because you can hear the away fans better. It’s always nice to hear some singing, a bit like having the radio on at work, so that’s why you pay more to sit there. An added bonus is you are further from the pitch and if you squint you can pretend you’re watching a different team or even a different sport, preferably a sport where zero is considered good like darts or something.

With regard to the family versus NWQuad - this is to do with which side catches the sun. A bit like a south facing garden, the Family stand faces the trajectory of the sun. Unlike the Napa Valley, we don’t have any sun in the UK between September-May, you won’t get a suntan or be blinded by sitting in the family stand, it just means it is less gloomy than the NWQ which resembles a troglodyte cave. The NWQ appears to be mostly inhabited by troglodytes too, far more interesting to watch than the game.

I hope that helps.
  • It does, thanks!
  • se9addick said:

Two questions...

Upper North is more popular as its traditionally where the atmosphere is (most stadiums have a particular section that are louder than the rest, this is ours). Also, under FL rules, we have to charge away fans the same ticket prices as home fans in the commensurate stand so I think individual match tickets in the lower are relatively more expensive (compared to the season ticket price) as that is the part of the stadium considered equivalent to the Jimmy Seed. Oh and no, the view is probably worse from a lower tier seat behind the goal, you want a bit of height for perspective (which is why I’ve never understood managers sitting at pitch level, the view of what’s going on must be dreadful).

Don’t think there’s any difference between the NW Quadrant and the Fanily Stand, just depends how much you want to see your kids I guess !
    Curbs used to sit up in the west stand for the first half of a game presumably to get a better view of the game and come to the touch line second half