Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charltn vs Wycombe 8th September referee - Graham Salisbury

Thought I would give you a heads up that this weekends referee is not very good unfortunately. He struggles to keep up with play and makes a lot of strange decisions. We had him at home against Scunthorpe last season at home where we lost 1-0 and I seem to remember him getting a lot of stick all game!! Showed 135 yellows and 13 red card last season. At one point he showed 6 red cards in seven games!!! He has refereed 4 games this season showing 2 red cards already!! Our players best be on good behaviour

Comments

• Options
    This is him with Johnnie Jackson a few yearss ago. You may recognise him.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Not a name that springs to mind when I think of crap refs, although having a surname like Kettle does tend to render one quite memorable

Stroud also comes to mind!!
  • Options
    Trevor Kettle was heroically bad. 'This game's turgid. I better send someone off. Hey, I liked that. It made me feel kind of powerful and not heroically bad at all. If I send another two players off, everyone will think how assertive I am.'
  • Options

Thought I would give you a heads up that this weekends referee is not very good unfortunately. He struggles to keep up with play and makes a lot of strange decisions. We had him at home against Scunthorpe last season at home where we lost 1-0 and I seem to remember him getting a lot of stick all game!! Showed 135 yellows and 13 red card last season. At one point he showed 6 red cards in seven games!!! He has refereed 4 games this season showing 2 red cards already!! Our players best be on good behaviour

To be fair - he sounds like a League One ref.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Interestingly, the two players he has sent off has been very soon after they had scored, one a straight red and one a second yellow (extremely soft for handball where it just hit him).

So with this in mind, as long as we don't score, we should be fine with keeping all 11 men on the pitch! :wink:

Sorry to be pedantic but he actually sent of 7 players in 7 games last season, one game had two players sent off, one of the seven didn't have a red card. And in his last 15 games officiated, 9 players were sent off.

In both games he refereed us last season, we lost 1-0. Away at Gillingham and of course at home to Scunthorpe as already mentioned.

And finally, in the 8 previous times he has officiated any of our games, we have lost 6 and drew 2, only scoring 5 goals. The last time we won when he was in charge was away at Exeter in our promotion season from League One in January 2012.
  • Options
    So he's a bit of a wazzock? Par for the course in L1.
  • Options
    Come on everyone we cannot keep Blaming refs every week it just comes across rather pathetic.
    The refs in league one are not particularly good and that is why they are not refereeing in the prem.
    But it's the same for all clubs in this league.
    The only person that I blame is Douchbag for getting us in this position not anyone else.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Leuth said:

Not a name that springs to mind when I think of crap refs, although having a surname like Kettle does tend to render one quite memorable

Based on the number of red cards, it appears in games he officiates in things often boil over
  • Options

Come on everyone we cannot keep Blaming refs every week it just comes across rather pathetic.
    The refs in league one are not particularly good and that is why they are not refereeing in the prem.
    The only person that I blame is Douchbag for getting us in this position not anyone else.

Can I just ask as to who in this thread has blamed a referee? There has simply been facts stated and opinions of other extremely poor referees such as Trevor Kettle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The referee for the Peterborough game normally officiates (and has done for a number of years) in the Championship i.e. a level above us, so, in theory, he's a better whistleblower than we normally expect in Division Three.

That turned out well ...
  • Options
    We are biased too. As are all fans. We can say that the ref on Saturday may not have been good but he helped us by not sending Pratley off. Had he done that and many would have done, we would have almost certainly have lost that game, which has to make up for the decisions in the Posh game which gifted them the game! League One refs are rubbish but no point moaning about them. We have to be a good enough side not to worry about them!
  • Options
    Where has the o gone...??
  • Options
    Be good to have a decent ref just for once !