Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chris Evans to leave Radio 2

Comments

• Rothko said:

More importantly, Lauren Laverne on 6Music breakfast is absolutely nailing it morning after morning.

She is very good on Desert Island Discs at the moment
  • Is Sara Cox the northern woman that just rambles on and on and on and on and on, without ever saying anything remotely interesting?
    I'll ask her tomorrow (28th Feb) as I'm appearing live on her show around 6:30pm
  • What’s that for Riv? 
  • Riviera said:
    Is Sara Cox the northern woman that just rambles on and on and on and on and on, without ever saying anything remotely interesting?
    I'll ask her tomorrow (28th Feb) as I'm appearing live on her show around 6:30pm
    Crimewatch section ?
  • Desert Island Discs ?
  • The regular feature called First & Last. 
  • Riviera said:
    The regular feature called First & Last. 
    First in The Long Pond and last one out ?
  • Back to the thread theme.  Has anyone listened to Chris Evans on Virgin?  The fact its only on DAB and the web - not FM and Freeview makes it difficult.  To be honest I enjoyed his show on Radio 2 but think Zoe Ball has taken over really well and I'll stick with her.  Can't see Evans lasting too long...
  • I'd be interested to know how low the listening figures are.  I note the Daily Express plugging it like crazy by creating clickbaity online articles about the show.
  • Manners Riv!

"Thank you Sara...."

Great bands though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Manners Riv!

"Thank you Sara...."

Great bands though.
    Eh?
  • Have you noticed that the BBC, ever keen on quotas, are cramming all their quota of homosexual males into Saturday day time? Norton, Gambaccini, Ryland (whoever the fuck he is). They need to look into other minority groups or they'll get caught out!
  • Saga Lout said:
    Have you noticed that the BBC, ever keen on quotas, are cramming all their quota of homosexual males into Saturday day time? Norton, Gambaccini, Ryland (whoever the fuck he is). They need to look into other minority groups or they'll get caught out!
    I hadn't, no.

I like Rylan, he's far wittier than you'd expect from the stereotypical Essex/reality show contestant thing would suggest.
  • Saga Lout said:
    Have you noticed that the BBC, ever keen on quotas, are cramming all their quota of homosexual males into Saturday day time? Norton, Gambaccini, Ryland (whoever the fuck he is). They need to look into other minority groups or they'll get caught out!
    Have you noticed Charltonlife, ever keen on quotas, are cramming all their quota of easily offended grumpy men into Friday afternoon time? Saga Lout, Golf Addick, Henry Irving (whoever the fuck he is). They need to look into other minority groups or they'll get caught out! 
    Fuck off - I'm not easily offended.... Oh, hang on a minute!
  • Chris Evans has helped Virgin Radio break the one million listener barrier, the latest Rajar ratings show.

His new breakfast show attracted an average weekly audience of 1.05 million in the first three months of 2019.

Virgin Radio as a whole was averaging about 480,000 listeners per week before he joined.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48279612

• Gave Zoe Ball a chance.  Listened for a few months.  She doesn’t have Chris’s enthusiasm or natural ability.  Show just feels like a poor attempt to copy Chris’s format.  Have switched over to Virgin radio now - much better.
  • I think Jonny Vaughan trumps them all
  • edited October 2019
    Nooooooooooooooooo BBC quota system says its all fine ----- get rid of the pesky old white men
  • I think Jonny Vaughan trumps them all
    Indeed, his show is unbearable 
  • Sponsored links:

• Zoe Ball talks to listeners like they are 5 year olds.
  • Didn’t Lauren laverne do a duet with mint royale or was part of mint royale. Think it was called don’t falter. Have had a crush since then.
  • Laverne’s okay but I do miss Keaveny in the morning. His dour wit seemed to make the working day more acceptable! 
  • Whos next for radio2 breakfast show,after todays rateings.
  • I'd rather piss out a kidney stone every morning than listen to chris evans.
  • Derek1952 said:
    Whos next for radio2 breakfast show,after todays rateings.
    Image result for smashie and nicey
  • Graham Norton will leave his Saturday morning show on Radio 2 before the end of the year, the BBC has announced.

The presenter, who has fronted the show for 10 years, will host his final episode on 19 December.

He is not leaving the BBC and will continue commentating Eurovision, judging on Drag Race UK and hosting his weekly chat show on BBC One.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54902490

• edited November 2020
    clive said:

Graham Norton will leave his Saturday morning show on Radio 2 before the end of the year, the BBC has announced.

The presenter, who has fronted the show for 10 years, will host his final episode on 19 December.

He is not leaving the BBC and will continue commentating Eurovision, judging on Drag Race UK and hosting his weekly chat show on BBC One.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54902490

As they are losing a gay man I expect they will have to replace him with a LGBTQ+ trans "person" to keep up with their quota.

I doubt very much it will be a white, middle class married man. 

• Derek1952 said:
    I used to have that jumper, pale "green it was"
  • Hal1x said:
    Derek1952 said:
    I used to have that jumper, pale "green it was"