Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Evans to leave Radio 2

Comments

• Options

Don’t particularly like his style but a great broadcaster who has filled the shoes of Wogan well with great ratings. Will be missed by the BBC.

Going to Virgin, new challenge I thought. Until, on the news I learned it’s owned by Murdoch.

How has he filled Wogan's shoes? How many Wogan listeners left Radio2 eight years ago? The ratings don't tell us that. He gets 9m listeners because 67% of the adult population wake up to radio and Radio2 is the most listened to radio station.
    He is not a great broadcaster. He is a self centered, loud mouthed, egotistical, sycophantic, obsequious bully.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Don’t particularly like his style but a great broadcaster who has filled the shoes of Wogan well with great ratings. Will be missed by the BBC.

Going to Virgin, new challenge I thought. Until, on the news I learned it’s owned by Murdoch.

How has he filled Wogan's shoes? How many Wogan listeners left Radio2 eight years ago? The ratings don't tell us that. He gets 9m listeners because 67% of the adult population wake up to radio and Radio2 is the most listened to radio station.
    He is not a great broadcaster. He is a self centered, loud mouthed, egotistical, sycophantic, obsequious bully.
    That as well, obviously.
  • Options
    His best days were The Big Breakfast and Don't Forget Your Toothbrush.
  • Options

Were they? Sorry I'm too old to have watched that shit. Didn't realise he had any "Best Days".
  • Options
    edited September 2018

bobmunro said:

He's an out and out tosser, but apparently a very popular one.

I'll stick with Radio 4 - now where's my pipe and slippers?

Eddie Mair started on LBC today Bob. One of the best radio broadcasters around.

Hopefully he'll knock that arrogant, narcissistic buffoon, James O'Brien off his self-appointed pedestal!
    I hate him , proper hate him, I think the bloke is in need of a serious kicking he manages to send my blood pressure through the roof and I have to turn it off, James o brien or Roland two shit chalets in a burning house and 1 to save

It would be the hardest choice I would have to make and II ain’t sure O’Brien would be saved

Eddie Mair was great real acquisition for LBC
  • Options

bobmunro said:

He's an out and out tosser, but apparently a very popular one.

I'll stick with Radio 4 - now where's my pipe and slippers?

Eddie Mair started on LBC today Bob. One of the best radio broadcasters around.

Hopefully he'll knock that arrogant, narcissistic buffoon, James O'Brien off his self-appointed pedestal!
    I hate him , proper hate him, I think the bloke is in need of a serious kicking he manages to send my blood pressure through the roof and I have to turn it off, James o brien or Roland two shit chalets in a burning house and 1 to save

It would be the hardest choice I would have to make and II ain’t sure O’Brien would be saved

Eddie Mair was great real acquisition for LBC
    So I can put you down as a ‘maybe’ as a regular listener to his new Virgin show then mate?
  • Options
    Evans I don’t mind tbh the religious bit I find odd

It’s james OBrien I hate
  • Options
    Riviera said:

masicat said:

My grandson playing in Portugal late May. Mr Evans sitting behind him.

Why didn't you punch him in the face?
    Sorry, I don’t get that. What do you mean?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's going to be in the same building as Alan Brazil, lethal combination!
  • Options

Evans I don’t mind tbh the religious bit I find odd

It’s james OBrien I hate

He once admitted that when he leaves the studio, he pulls his hat down over his eyes and his coat collar up before he takes the tube home.
  • Options
    Not Sarah Cox, awful. Never Madeley he only talks about himself.
  • Options
    Can I just say once again I can't stand Chris Evans.
  • Options
    jondon76 said:

Frank Skinner would be good.

WHAT??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'd lucky to get one record an hour with his ramblings.
  • Options

Please keep saying it.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

jondon76 said:

Frank Skinner would be good.

WHAT??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'd lucky to get one record an hour with his ramblings.
    Be the same as Chris Evans then, and you obviously don't like Chris Evans.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Please keep saying it.
    I think twice is enough.
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

9m listeners and I've not met one of them! Where are they all hiding?

I occasionally listen; mainly if I'm on a long car journey with colleagues. My personal preference would be Radio 4, but that doesn't go down with everyone. Radio 2, and and the likes of Evans, are a bit more anodyne. Not a lot of people's first choice and certainly nothing to talk about, but inoffensive enough to draw a bland consensus of non-dislike.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wish Steve Wright would follow suit.
  • Options
    Noel Edmonds or Tony Blackburn?
  • Options
    Barry from Watford should definitely get it.
  • Options
    I love James O'Brien, puts pig shit thick Leavers in their place, no wonder you hate him Chippy
  • Options
    The bloke is a grade a prick needs a proper good hiding

He may well be right on many things but the way in which he puts it a cross is disgusting and disrespectful
  • Options

His best days were doing Man in Kagoul on Galaxy.
  • Options

The bloke is a grade a prick needs a proper good hiding

He may well be right on many things but the way in which he puts it a cross is disgusting and disrespectful

Really? He gives people plenty of time to explain where their coming from, and when they fail he pulls them apart, if callers can't deal with a bit of healthy challenge to their opinions, they should stop being such snowflakes.
  • Options
    No he doesn’t he uses belligerent arguments against those less able to put their point across due to him being more educated
  • Options
    Get Mark & Lard in. Time for a Shirehorses reunion!
  • Options

No he doesn’t he uses belligerent arguments against those less able to put their point across due to him being more educated

So the problem is that he's more articulate then the people calling?