Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Stranglers

edited September 2018 in Not Sports Related
The Stranglers drummer Jet Black was 80 last week. Eighty! Is there another serious rock band still going with an octogenarian in their line up?

Comments

• Options
    One of my all time favourite bands. Jet hasn't worked with the band for some time. Due to poor health.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

The Stranglers drummer Jet Black was 80 last week. Eighty! Is there another rock band I have heard of still going with an octogenarian in their line up?

Fixed that for you Chirps... :wink:
  • Options
    Riviera said:

The Stranglers drummer Jet Black was 80 last week. Eighty! Is there another serious rock band still going with an octogenarian in their line up?

I remember seeing John Mayall a couple of years ago on tour - he was 80.

Bill Wyman ex-Stones, is 82. Don't know if he's still performing with his Rythm Kings.

• Options
    Hopefully he's not still performing with underage girls either.....
  • Options

Hopefully he's not still performing with underage girls either.....

Now there’s a mental image to scar the mind
  • Options
    Makes me feel even older than usual! First saw the Stranglers at Woolwich Polytechnic in about 1977 I think.
  • Options
    Phil said:

Makes me feel even older than usual! First saw the Stranglers at Woolwich Polytechnic in about 1977 I think.

I know how you feel. I saw them at the Roundhouse in 77 or 78 I can't remember which.

I feel even older now.
  • Options

Phil said:

I know how you feel. I saw them at the Roundhouse in 77 or 78 I can't remember which.

I feel even older now.
    i saw them at the Roundhouse in 77, with a comedian Jonny Rubbish in support I think, so that might be when you saw them too
  • Options
    Shit, time does fly. Saw them during their Hope & Anchor residency in ‘76.