Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shaving - Which Razor ?

Always wet shaved. Dabbled with electric a good few years ago but couldn’t get on with it. I like the feeling a wet shave gives. Stopped using the very expensive Gillette or Wilkinson Sword razors about five years ago due to the ridiculous cost. Been using disposable razors but quality shaving gel since. Not sure if my skin has changed with age but I’m now forever knicking myself. Feel I need to go back to premium quality but still object to paying what is being charged for the top two brands.

What do you lot use and why ?

Comments

• Options
    Double edge razor blades with a good quality shaving cream like Truefitt & Hill. Cheaper and better shave in the long run
  • Options
    Used to use the twin blade swivel head cheapy disposable jobs from either Morrisons or Superdrug. Started to experience similar problems to you SHG so switched to disposable triple blade fixed 20 for £2 from B&M which give a nice clean shave using a sensitive gel.
  • Options
    I watched this on fake Britain the other day and most on amazon and ebay were cheap fakes which could cause infection.

I started using a palmolive cream in a toothpaste style tube with brush, really fresh smelling.
  • Options
    Yes yes yes, I’ve been waiting years for this thread!
  • Options
    *Cough cough* Cornerstone are a British startup. Using German engineered blades with all skincare supplies made here in the UK. I may or may not work for them also *cough cough* :wink:

Check them out online and check out the reviews - no quibble refund on all 1st subscription orders too, so if you’re not a fan you’re not out of pocket.
  • Options

Yes yes yes, I’ve been waiting years for this thread!

I hope you're not going to cut up rough then :wink: .
  • Options
    EastStand said:

*Cough cough* Cornerstone are a British startup. Using German engineered blades with all skincare supplies made here in the UK. I may or may not work for them also *cough cough* :wink:

Check them out online and check out the reviews - no quibble refund on all 1st subscription orders too, so if you’re not a fan you’re not out of pocket.

Sometimes get given leaflets about them, with special offers. Considering giving them a go. How does the subscription work?

Use Gillette Mach 3, sensor excel before that, since time immemorial. I just use water to shave, does the job, sometimes some balm afterwards. They cost a fortune, so I work them until blunt as hell, then cut myself with the first shave with a new blade.
  • Options
    Heard good things about the ones you subscribe to.
  • Options
    I use Harry’s online - the key is the cream & I use Clinique - initially seems to expensive but last ages and only requires a small amount. Have tried numerous oils, foams and creams and this is far away the best and, in the long term cheapest.

I notice Roland is always clean shaven ..... any thoughts?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have used cornerstone for about a year and have to say great products and nice website to navigate round.Had one problem with an order and was sorted within 30 minutes via email.
  • Options
    Personally, I am amazed anyone bothers to wet shave nowadays. Shaving daily is enough of a fag without all that hassle. A good electric shaver and good quality shaving oil does the trick and no nicks to deal with.
  • Options
    I’m a member of Dollar shaving. £5 for start up razor with blades and really impressed

You can then sign up to get blades delivered every month, or every other month for a fairly reasonable price.
  • Options
    I just go to the salon and ask for a BSC. Job done. If I'm in a rush, I'll ask Mrs Stig to whip it off with some duck tape.
  • Options
    Bigmac said:

Have used cornerstone for about a year and have to say great products and nice website to navigate round.Had one problem with an order and was sorted within 30 minutes via email.

Me too. Never any problem.
    Adjust the delivery based on you use.
    Not expensive.
  • Options
    Always wet shaved and wasted fortunes on overpriced shaving accoutrements...

Now use cheap disposable three blade razors and a decent gel, never foam.
  • Options
    Harry’s for me, tried cornerstone and wasn’t impressed. Like the quality of the stuff with Harry’s, good foam and balm to go with the razors
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

EastStand said:

Sometimes get given leaflets about them, with special offers. Considering giving them a go. How does the subscription work?

Use Gillette Mach 3, sensor excel before that, since time immemorial. I just use water to shave, does the job, sometimes some balm afterwards. They cost a fortune, so I work them until blunt as hell, then cut myself with the first shave with a new blade.
    So this
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Recently upgraded from the generic blue twin blade fixed head razors to three bladed Wilkinson Sword disposables, and the difference is amazing, I wont go back. Often go several days without shaving and the little blue ones just cant cope - the 3 blade razors have no trouble.
    Used Bic disposables once - never again, they rip your face to shreds.

Waitrose essential shave gel is a recent discovery - smells lovely and lasts for ages.
  • Options
    been massively impressed with harrys, would recommend, shaving for me can be a real effort lol
  • Options
    I’m a Gillette man. Whatever then new one is. Coupled with a decent king of shaves shave oil and 12 blades will last almost s year

35 quid for the blades
    £5 for the oli

Simple

And I use a Sharpo which I got online to clean the crap out of the blades. Well worth the £15 I paid

Cheap blades just really hurt my face
  • Options
    I've been wet shaving since I was about 18 (electric shaver before then) & for the past god knows how many years I've been using Gillette blades......last few years Mach3. I usually shave every other day....maybe 1 in 3 if not seeing clients (or women :smile: ) Always use foam not gel & again by Gillette (sensitive skin).

cant be arsed to change & pleased with the feel once done. No nicks at all & change the blade every other week.
  • Options
    Yes it’s still the old wet shave for me with the traditional double edged blade followed by Hai Karate ( or equivalent) aftershave splashed vigorously on all those freshly opened spurting wounds - a proper man’s shave ( only if you don’t scream as the aftershave hits home) :smile: