Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic Women's Team - Updates

Comments

• Keep up lads.
  • Is the Thamesmead Town pitch your wife or something? What a weird thing to spend days worrying about
  • So.
    Could I buy a season long ad in the womens team programme that was an anti Duchatelet tirade?
    Perhaps something for WAR and the protest fund to consider.
  • seth plum said:

So.
    Could I buy a season long ad in the womens team programme that was an anti Duchatelet tirade?

Although separate companies, the Womens team do 'enjoy' the facilities of Sparrows Lane and a couple of games at the Valley etc so I doubt thats possible - although a few turned up in ROT T Shorts for the POTY ladies dinner!

Why not sponsor a player or staff member Seth? Thats what i've done the last few seasons, directed what I would have spent on the mens team to the Women.
  • I fully understand your appeals for moving the ladies team forward and improving things for them.
    I just can’t help saying that you couldn’t have chosen a worst time in the clubs 113 year history to be doing this......everyone’s attention is almost totally focused on the soul destroying subject of getting rid of our very own sociopathic owner Roland (Goldfinger) Duchatalet, that turning ones attention to the ladies teams woes are somewhat difficult to take on board right now.
    But by all means good luck with your efforts and I’m sure everyone wishes you well.......it’s just that it’s tough times all round for us Addicks!
  • Rob7Lee said:

seth plum said:

So.

Although separate companies, the Womens team do 'enjoy' the facilities of Sparrows Lane and a couple of games at the Valley etc so I doubt thats possible - although a few turned up in ROT T Shorts for the POTY ladies dinner!

Why not sponsor a player or staff member Seth? Thats what i've done the last few seasons, directed what I would have spent on the mens team to the Women.
    Many years ago, when Steve Dixon was involved I persuaded workplace to put money into the women's team.
    However, I don't know how much a season long programme ad would cost, but I could well be tempted if a forceful anti Roland tirade was allowed.
  • edited August 2018

As many of you will know, I have moved over to become General Manager of the Charlton Athletic Women’s team and I’d like to get more fans involved with the club. Women's football is coming along a long way and the development within the Charlton team is fantastic to see.

Women’s football is very different to men’s football. We are independent so funding is very limited in comparison and the women aren’t full-time footballers so money raised all goes towards running of the club including paying for footballs, football coaches, transport to games, renting of our ground etc. There are no stakeholders making profit and a lot of the club is run by the goodwill of fantastic volunteers.

As well as attending games if any fans could help support us it would be very appreciated. We would love to get a game for as many people to come and experience women's football to see how far it has and is evolving.

FILMING TOWER

The Oakwood doesn’t have any raised areas inside the ground so we need to build a filming tower to get good highlights of games. If anyone has any ideas, has any old scaffolding or is a builder and could help us with this it would be hugely appreciated. We aren’t expecting a complete freebie and have lots of advertising we can pass on as well to say thank you for any help. My contact remains the same steve.adamson@cafc.co.uk.

DECORATING OAKWOOD

We are allowed to decorate The Oakwood with Charlton Athletic branding so the ground looks and feels like our home rather than just VCD’s home which we borrow. We want to raise some funding for this so we can re-paint parts red, add signage, add our logo – just generally make this feel more like our home.

PROGRAMMES

We have some programmes left from Sunday’s game as well as programmes for future games available. We are offering subscriptions priced at £2 per programme plus £1 P&P. If anyone would like a Women’s Programme subscription, please email Charltonwomen@cafc.co.uk.

GENERAL FUNDING

We have a very generous new principal sponsor coming on board which we are delighted with, but we still need to raise a lot more funds to keep the club running. If any fans or companies would like to get involved then your support would be very appreciated. From small donations, player sponsorships or larger perimeter board, every penny does help the club survive.

Donations can be sent via Paypal to charltonwomen@cafc.co.uk or please email myself on steve.adamson@cafc.co.uk and I'm sure we can help boost publicity to other businesses and fans as well.

Thank you again for all the fans support, it really is appreciated and I can re-illiterate every penny raised goes towards keeping the club alive and getting more girls and women into the game.

I have a big professionally painted Charlton badge that could be put in the home dressing room or next to the door etc? Free if you want it Steve ? Will try and attach a picture
  • uie2 said:

As many of you will know, I have moved over to become General Manager of the Charlton Athletic Women’s team and I’d like to get more fans involved with the club. Women's football is coming along a long way and the development within the Charlton team is fantastic to see.

Women’s football is very different to men’s football. We are independent so funding is very limited in comparison and the women aren’t full-time footballers so money raised all goes towards running of the club including paying for footballs, football coaches, transport to games, renting of our ground etc. There are no stakeholders making profit and a lot of the club is run by the goodwill of fantastic volunteers.

As well as attending games if any fans could help support us it would be very appreciated. We would love to get a game for as many people to come and experience women's football to see how far it has and is evolving.

FILMING TOWER

The Oakwood doesn’t have any raised areas inside the ground so we need to build a filming tower to get good highlights of games. If anyone has any ideas, has any old scaffolding or is a builder and could help us with this it would be hugely appreciated. We aren’t expecting a complete freebie and have lots of advertising we can pass on as well to say thank you for any help. My contact remains the same steve.adamson@cafc.co.uk.

DECORATING OAKWOOD

We are allowed to decorate The Oakwood with Charlton Athletic branding so the ground looks and feels like our home rather than just VCD’s home which we borrow. We want to raise some funding for this so we can re-paint parts red, add signage, add our logo – just generally make this feel more like our home.

PROGRAMMES

We have some programmes left from Sunday’s game as well as programmes for future games available. We are offering subscriptions priced at £2 per programme plus £1 P&P. If anyone would like a Women’s Programme subscription, please email Charltonwomen@cafc.co.uk.

GENERAL FUNDING

We have a very generous new principal sponsor coming on board which we are delighted with, but we still need to raise a lot more funds to keep the club running. If any fans or companies would like to get involved then your support would be very appreciated. From small donations, player sponsorships or larger perimeter board, every penny does help the club survive.

Donations can be sent via Paypal to charltonwomen@cafc.co.uk or please email myself on steve.adamson@cafc.co.uk and I'm sure we can help boost publicity to other businesses and fans as well.

Thank you again for all the fans support, it really is appreciated and I can re-illiterate every penny raised goes towards keeping the club alive and getting more girls and women into the game.

I have a big professionally painted Charlton badge that could be put in the home dressing room or next to the door etc? Free if you want it Steve ? Will try and attach a picture
    Hi there

Yes we would love that, thank you so much - my contact is steve.adamson@cafc.co.uk - could you drop me an email - once again thank you very much
  • Sponsored links:

• uie2 said:

FILMING TOWER

DECORATING OAKWOOD

PROGRAMMES

GENERAL FUNDING

Hi there

Yes we would love that, thank you so much - my contact is steve.adamson@cafc.co.uk - could you drop me an email - once again thank you very much
    Hi , I've emailed you Steve , cheers
  • Thank you

Also a note we have had someone offer support for the filming tower so thank you to everyone who emailed and got in touch or donated, it's really appreciated and goes a long way.

If anyone has any old Charlton flags they no longer use then we would be happy to put them in the dressing rooms and more to help the players feel more of a Charlton atmosphere

Thanks again

• First league game of the season is tomorrow (Wednesday) evening at home to Aston Villa at The Oakwood (VCD's ground) in Crayford.
  • I'll be there.
  • Any Bromley Addicks who want to use the groups season tickets let me know.
  • Anyone know how they got on yesterday at Durham as I can't see it anywhere? Thanks.
  • Anyone know how they got on yesterday at Durham as I can't see it anywhere? Thanks.

2-2
  • LenGlover said:

Anyone know how they got on yesterday at Durham as I can't see it anywhere? Thanks.

2-2
    Thanks.
  • Ahhh yes, the thread where 're-illiterate' happened
  • Sponsored links:

• Hi All

If any local businesses are after any promotion, our fixture against Lewes is available for sponsorship. As well as a programme advert sponsorship includes free drinks and light refreshments in our boardroom so could be something a few friends chip a bit towards to enjoy. If anyone is interested please get in touch and below is a link for more details - Thank you

https://www.cafcwomen.co.uk/news/watch-the-lewes-fixture-in-style-as-a-vip-guest-2312.php
  • How much is player kit sponsorship ?
  • Since The women’s team is independent from Roland, perhaps the boycotters of the first team could go and support the ladies instead? Then the women’s attendances get a boost, which is good for publicity and then the fans still get a football fix.
  • shine166 said:

How much is player kit sponsorship ?

£250+VAT
  • Which is £300 including VAT.

• In years gone by Lifers used to club togther and sponsor some of the men's team kit. Is there any interest in sponsoring the kit of our women’s team, if so let me know and I’ll see what we can do, although I might need help to arrange it.

• LenGlover said:

Which is £300 including VAT.

Strong maths there Len...I believe Napa needs your assistance on the takeover thread.
  • Would sponsorship from "Roland is a Twat" be acceptable?

If so, sure a few of us on here will chip in!
  • edited September 2018
    Final score, 4 - 1 to CAFC Women against Lewes! Great result.