Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Talk Sport - Jim White (ed. Page 21 - Grapevine destroys Roland)

Comments

• Options
    addick05 said:

J BLOCK said:

Anyone know if Jim has reached out to Airman/CARD before this interview to get an updated fact check?

Hate this expression 'reached out'. My publishers in the US were always emailing and informing me that someone would be 'reaching out' to me. Sounds like you are waiting to be rescued from drowning. I was sorely tempted to make a sarcastic comment but held back.

So Jim didn't reach out to you?
  • Options

Probably for the best that they canned it.

Heard some really heartfelt and emotional tributes from Leicester fans regarding the loss of a very special man.

Who seriously wants to hear about our spiteful sh*tbag owner at a time like this?

True but it was good that JW and his guests made the comparison between the Leicester owner and our own nutter.
  • Options
    Interview from 12.00 to 12.30 on Talksport tomorrow
  • Options
    Full interview tomorrow between noon & 12.30pm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:

Anyone know if Jim has reached out to Airman/CARD before this interview to get an updated fact check?

Another hater of “reached out” here. Surely you mean “contacted”?
  • Options

A large part of the Duchatalet problem is quite simple though, isn't it? He bought the club with a plan based on the introduction of financial fair play. Then when that was rejected, and it was clear that his plan was now unworkable, he carried on regardless.

He appointed a series of people to positions of authority who were not capable of running the club - on and off the pitch - and that would have been true regardless of FFP.
    Yep - true dat.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

TelMc32 said:

addick05 said:

J BLOCK said:

Hate this expression 'reached out'. My publishers in the US were always emailing and informing me that someone would be 'reaching out' to me. Sounds like you are waiting to be rescued from drowning. I was sorely tempted to make a sarcastic comment but held back.

I have banned it in the workplace...difficult as I have a number of US clients and colleagues!!!

Decision gates are meant to be part of a flow, the text in the middle should be the question and the outcomes should be relevant to the question.

The more sensible flow would be as attached.
    You're on a thread about Duchatelet and you're talking "sensible". Shame on you @Dazzler21 :wink:

Anyway...my one was funnier!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

“What we’ve got here, is failure to communicate”

Look out Tom R, he's coming for YOU!
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

“What we’ve got here, is failure to communicate”

Ooh...good use of a Cool Hand Luke reference @Fumbluff

*applauds*
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2018

A face only a mother could love & face that most CAFC fans wanna...gggrrrrrrrr...!!!
  • Options
    Is that a selfie from a toilet cubicle in the office?
  • Options
    Is he wearing a syrup?
  • Options
    Apology to the fans and for the poor communication in the Standard tonight.