Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Talk Sport - Jim White (ed. Page 21 - Grapevine destroys Roland)

Comments

• Options

The comment from Jordan was very tongue in cheek.

He hasn't got the money to be part of a consortium anymore.

Actually he could be part of a consortium, but couldn't be sole owner again.

Fortunately it isn't going to happen EVER.
  • Options
    N01R4M said:

Dazzler21 said:

We've been damaged so badly we'd accept Simon Jordan!?!?

If it meant he would buy us, stabilise us in the championship then sell us to a decent owner that can spend to get us promotion to the premier, I'd take it.

Wow!

That would upset Murray.
    GOOD!

I have long since come to the conclusion that (whatever benefit he was for CAFC in the past) Murray has been as big a problem as Roland these past few years.

Murray was for a while the fig leaf covering Roland's inadequacies - then autumn came and the fig leaf fell.

He has long overstayed my welcome, and that of many others on here I suspect.
    Murray has been like a virus in recent years, killing us from the inside.

He has used up all the pardon he earned from doing good previously.

• Options
    Airman -your comment is of course not fair to children most of whom would not put forward such a poorly thought through arguememt.
  • Options
    As much as I despise Simon Jordan & think he's probably loving every minute of this, his comments on Talksport were spot on
  • Options

I've never had a problem with the tango man as he made his money from mobile phones and then the split personality of football fan and successful businessman became blurred and he lost millions chasing the dream. When you are raised in a house in Holmesdale Road he isn't going to support Cafc or the spanners.

Dickie Murray and Simon Jordan are sworn enemies but I find SJ honesty(ego driven I know) refreshing and some of his comments about RM may not be so wide of the mark.

His reason for not going in the Birmingham Boardroom when the West ham trio were the owners and CEO were great.

"Gold made his Money from dildos, and Sullivan made his money from wank books"

Simon Jordan quoting from Mary Whitehouse possibly ?

His views on her ladyship Brady were never aired but would have been interesting.

His views on her Ladyship would of got him into a bit of trouble if what I hear is true.
  • Options

Will posters please stop saying positive things about Simon Jordan.

He is a Charlton hating orange skinned stupid haircut wanker.

Yep, but just slightly less after that interview.

Is there a catch up link for Weegies response, I cant seem to find it?
  • Options

OK. But he is slightly higher up my Christmas card reserve list than a certain pasty faced, yellow toothed, lying onanist I could name.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just get off the fence and say what you mean!

• Options
    Jordan did say once that he would like to buy Charlton and close it down! But at least that would have been a clean death as opposed to the one of a thousand cuts the mad idiot is imposing on us!
  • Options
    To be fair to Jordan I have never been a fan of him. He put money into his beloved football club, made a huge loss and then sold it to the new owners. His heart was in the irght place. Having listened to that interview on Tuesday morning with our owner and listening to clip linked on here I can honeslt say my estimation of Jordan went up. He was honest (and altough not made public) there seems to have been a spat between him and RM even before the famous "Enjoy the Championship. See you next Tuesday" comment. Jordan's words were "I can't belive what I have heard, 90% of is bullshit and doesn't stack up". Jordan touched on and here is another Analogy that he made "It is like he has bought a commcercial site and wanted to develop the site next door with the art museum for a cost (club in a backward decline). He has been refused planning on the site next door for commercial activity, he has then sold all the art in the museum and taken cash for it" and now wants to sell the whole site for a lot more than what he paid for even though it is worth less. Jordan also said "I don't gert that buyers pull out as if they look at a result one week and there interested as we have won and then decide against it when we lose". As for Charlton fans... (I can't remember exact words) but it was on the lines of "Yes, Charlton fans don't like me and etc and there is no love lost etc... , however if RD had took the time to do proper DD then he would have disovered how passionate they are and Battle back to the Valley" He also said " Simon finished off on the lines of "I don't know why he is still around. When I realised I made mistakes and had to put my hands up and say enough is enough and sold up". "Well if RD has stated he admits buying the club and make mistakes " (and he has run the club into the ground), take what you can for it and let someone else come in and let someone else rebuild it to the club it was. The buck lies with him, not the everday staff. He employed the wrong people and as for communication, surely what has happend to RM,surely he is in the best position to commincate with everyone... why has he not done it". (I think he allured to).
  • Options
    Jordan is of course not entirely correct. I would honestly say 100% of what Roland said was bullshit. I think it was probably as dishonest an interview as it is possible to give.
  • Options
    Wasn't Jordan forced out because of Palace going into administration the second time rather than standing down on his own terms? Or if he did stand down it was because the ship was sinking into administration?

Some interesting views on this thread. I don't get the warmth to Jordan just because he slated RD.
  • Options
    Not sure it is warmth . I don't think any of us would want us anywhere near owning us, but it is an acknowledgement of what he said about Duchatelet was an accurate observation.
  • Options
    "Enjoy the championship you tosser"

Meanwhile, palace are ...more or less now, a solidified premier League side that just won't leave.
    They always manage to escape.

Charlton are buried in league one and Simon Jordan is enjoying his retirement/celebrity status daily role of Twitter confrontations life style.

Murrary...unfortunately, is...

Something that was never caring for Charlton in the 1st place.

I hate to say it...and it's with regret, but he's partially just "a lucky c*nt"

I'm sure he will disagree with that.
  • Options
    Who is?
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Meanwhile, palace are ...more or less now, a solidified premier League side that just won't leave.

Charlton are buried in league one and Simon Jordan is enjoying his retirement/celebrity status daily role of Twitter confrontations life style.

Saying Murray never cared for us is absolute bollox.
    He stood in the Covered End for quite a while alongside Martin Simons and their respective girlfriends (later their wives)......I used to see them there regularly.
    Know your history mate!
  • Options

The comment from Jordan was very tongue in cheek.

He hasn't got the money to be part of a consortium anymore.

Spent too much down the sunbed centre.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Elfy......good god!!!!
  • Options

Elfy......good god!!!!

Evening mate.
  • Options

Elfy......good god!!!!

Evening mate.
    Likewise!

• Options

Dave2l said:

He stood in the Covered End for quite a while alongside Martin Simons and their respective girlfriends (later their wives)......I used to see them there regularly.
    Know your history mate!
    So...he cared and then he stopped caring?

I guess that maybe the case. Quite unusual.

If you go from A to B like that, you usually just walk awaynand decide to leave.

Just my thought.
  • Options

Dave2l said:

Know your history mate!
    Really? I’d never heard this before. Murray wasn’t even a fan before we left The Valley and when we returned it was seating in the Covered End.

• Options

He’s never stopped caring......though clearly it’s not at the same level as the heady days of The Premiership.
    He has been unwell for some years now and let’s face it, he is getting old now.
    And before that the tragic drawn out death of his wife locked in a permanent vegetative state for many a year was a tremendous strain.
    I think it’s true to say he’s fallen out of love with being involved with the running of the club but not to the point of not caring altogether.
    He will always care because being our chairman when we were hitting the headlines in The Premiership was the proudest time of his life......you don’t easily throw those memories away.
    I, like many others, have not been very happy with his general demeanour and approach over the last few years and some of the criticism is fully justified.
    Having said that, ‘some’ of the criticism and general hounding of him is OTT in my opinion. A classic example being your unfounded comment suggesting he never really cared for the club......because he very clearly did.
    He’s also owed around £3,000,000 at the last count......wouldn’t you want to be in the coup and hanging around the place were that the case.......I know I f’ing well would!

I don't think any of the criticism has been OTT. He has stood idly by while our club is slowly being destroyed.
  • Options

Dave2l said:

Know your history mate!
    Really? I’d never heard this before. Murray wasn’t even a fan before we left The Valley and when we returned it was seating in the Covered End.

Exactly ..... he only started attending at shithurst. Prior to that he supported Wolves.

To say he never cared is nonsense but why he's thrown his hand in with this toxic regime I'll never know. It's certainly not to get his 2/3 mill, he'll get that whatever should it ever become repayable.
  • Options

Dave2l said:

Know your history mate!

Exactly ..... he only started attending at shithurst. Prior to that he supported Wolves.

To say he never cared is nonsense but why he's thrown his hand in with this toxic regime I'll never know. It's certainly not to get his 2/3 mill, he'll get that whatever should it ever become repayable.
    I only started going at Shithurst too, but I’m considerably younger than Murray and I still have a full head of beautiful hair :smile: