Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK: Charlton Athletic 0-1 Peterborough United

many thanks to the 48 Lifers who gave marks:
after 4 games last season we had committed 37 fouls, got 4 yellow and 1 red card
after 4 games this season we have committed 73 fouls, got 13 yellow and no red cards

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Your top graph shows 5 yellow cards but against the players you only have 4, otherwise, as I do not see many games, I always find this interesting, well done LL. Your comments at the top shows LB putting a bit of fight in the players
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    the 5th is Mr Bowyer putting up a fight?!
  • Options
    Bielik MOTM, that sounds right to me. Overall it was very much a 6/10 type of performance across the board really, nobody was brilliant, nobody was awful
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Bielik MOTM, that sounds right to me. Overall it was very much a 6/10 type of performance across the board really, nobody was brilliant, nobody was awful

and this is the trouble .. born to be mild .. the bland leading the bland ..
  • Options
    Gutted I missed out, but my marks would have roughly lined up with this so no real loss. Glad Ajose got the recognition he deserved because he really changed us in attack. Bielik looks class. I think Pratley, for all his good work and great pressing, really gets sucked out of position and it leaves our back three exposed, especially with the fullbacks pushed forward. I know he's not a sitting midfielder like Kashi was or the way JFC did toward the end of the season, but there needs to be a middle ground between the good pressing and attacking work he does, and being our most defensive midfielder.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Gutted I missed out, but my marks would have roughly lined up with this so no real loss. Glad Ajose got the recognition he deserved because he really changed us in attack. Bielik looks class. I think Pratley, for all his good work and great pressing, really gets sucked out of position and it leaves our back three exposed, especially with the fullbacks pushed forward. I know he's not a sitting midfielder like Kashi was or the way JFC did toward the end of the season, but there needs to be a middle ground between the good pressing and attacking work he does, and being our most defensive midfielder.

Pratley in the first half especially looked half a yard behind the Posh midfielders, hence the number of fouls he gave away

Just noticed that our 13 yellow cards are really well spread around, 2 for Page, 1 for 11 other players and 1 for Bowyer!
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Shame we can't mark the referee.

It would be interesting to see which refs we get for a game, their mark given - and put in the table to compare what we'd think are the best & worst refs over the season.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

SDAddick said:

Pratley in the first half especially looked half a yard behind the Posh midfielders, hence the number of fouls he gave away

Just noticed that our 13 yellow cards are really well spread around, 2 for Page, 1 for 11 other players and 1 for Bowyer!
    Yeah agreed. And I've felt he's looked a little off the pace at times this season. I'm not sure if it's part of not having a pre-season and thus he's not quite as fit as he would like, or if at 33 he's just starting to lose a step, or a combination. That said, the role he plays is required to do a lot of running which can really amplify problems.

I don't want to be overly critical, I think he looks a very good signing and it's a shame we didn't have him last season (same with Taylor). There are just times when I feel he looks thin.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Yeah agreed. And I've felt he's looked a little off the pace at times this season. I'm not sure if it's part of not having a pre-season and thus he's not quite as fit as he would like, or if at 33 he's just starting to lose a step, or a combination. That said, the role he plays is required to do a lot of running which can really amplify problems.

I don't want to be overly critical, I think he looks a very good signing and it's a shame we didn't have him last season (same with Taylor). There are just times when I feel he looks thin.
    He looked decent at Sunderland, but ran out of legs.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

It would be interesting to see which refs we get for a game, their mark given - and put in the table to compare what we'd think are the best & worst refs over the season.

Yes I was thinking of marks for refs, any views????
    Be very interested to see that...
  • Options
    I would also be interested to see this.

Although judging by some comments about the ref in this match, you may need to extend the scale to include negative numbers!
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Gutted I missed out, but my marks would have roughly lined up with this so no real loss.

I can’t argue with an average, but personally I think the collective marking is very harsh. Only one player worthy of a 7/10?

Put it this way, had we be. Granted a fortuitous 89 min pen instead of Posh I would have expected 8s across the shop instead of 6s
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Yes I was thinking of marks for refs, any views????
    Yes please!
  • Options

SDAddick said:

Gutted I missed out, but my marks would have roughly lined up with this so no real loss.

I can’t argue with an average, but personally I think the collective marking is very harsh. Only one player worthy of a 7/10?

Put it this way, had we be. Granted a fortuitous 89 min pen instead of Posh I would have expected 8s across the shop instead of 6s
    Maybe because some posters mark with emotion ......... what they feel, rather than the performance they actually see?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

SDAddick said:

Maybe because some posters mark with emotion ......... what they feel, rather than the performance they actually see?

And give favourite players too high a mark, and players they don't like too low a mark. Have done it myself I suspect.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

SDAddick said:

To me, people scoring players in the 6-7 range shows that they weren't scoring based on emotion! If we had won 1-0 I would still have scored similarly, other than the people directly involved in the goal as I thought it was a reasonable performance, but not a brilliant one.

• Options
    Didn't get to give my marks this week. Only comment is that Solly and Page look as though they are being marked as full backs whereas they were supposed to be playing as wing backs. Bit harsh on young Morgan I thought as well