Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2018/19 Thread

Comments

• Southampton could easily be that 3rd team to be relegated this season. I would worry if I was them.
  • Southampton could easily be that 3rd team to be relegated this season. I would worry if I was them.

Like Palace I think Southampton will be fine and thankful that Cardiff, Newcastle and Huddersfield are all so bad
  • Not watching, but it's typical that the super hyped game of the season is heading for a bore draw!
  • Come on city.
    Klopp gets what he deserves for that line up
  • Marhez has just done a Nicky Bailey
  • David Silva
    Sane
    Jesus
    All on the pitch and its Mahrez who takes the penalty
  • Laddick01 said:

Come on city.

What was wrong with the line up
  • Laddick01 said:

Come on city.

What was wrong with the line up
    Moving Gomez out from CB kills all his momentum, was pretty poor at RB too
  • Mahrez missed 3 of his last 5 penalties. Surely someone else should have taken it.
  • No win in 4 for the greatest team ever to grace planet earth according to Sky.

Mahrez's pen has just been picked up on Biggin Hill Air Traffic Control
  • Sponsored links:

• Good day for Chelsea. Joint top of the PL

I wonder if it would be worth just concentrating on the PL and resting all their best players in the Europa League, as going out of that would enable them to concentrate on the PL. Not having midweek European games made a massive difference for them 2 season ago, and then Leicester the year before that
  • From a purely neutral football point of view I'm glad that no one is running away with things. Last year City looked champs already by now and indeed were. After the first few weeks of this season every pundit was calling it a two horse race between City and Liverpool but well done to Chelsea and Arsenal, who both have new managers, for at least keeping in touch after 1/5 of the season completed.
    It must be so frustrating to be a Spurs fan, they just never look like they will ever win the league again; great players, positive manager, but they should have won two titles in the last few years at the expense of Ranieri's Leicester and Conti's Chelsea.
  • Riviera said:

From a purely neutral football point of view I'm glad that no one is running away with things. Last year City looked champs already by now and indeed were. After the first few weeks of this season every pundit was calling it a two horse race between City and Liverpool but well done to Chelsea and Arsenal, who both have new managers, for at least keeping in touch after 1/5 of the season completed.
    It must be so frustrating to be a Spurs fan, they just never look like they will ever win the league again; great players, positive manager, but they should have won two titles in the last few years at the expense of Ranieri's Leicester and Conti's Chelsea.

Struggling to get top 4, which with their horribly overspent new stadium would be financial disaster.
  • spurs need to get a top 4 finish again to justify the new stadium
  • Arsenal are scoring some quality goals tonight.
  • Arsenal putting up a stern challenge to Arsenal for goal of the season there
  • I was there last night and the third goal was sublime. Leicester looked like a handful int the first half but could not get hold of the ball once Emery made the 2 subs and got torn apart by the movement and passing.
  • Impressive by Chelsea today. No Hazard, but cruising against Burnley

2 Englishmen scored for Chelsea this p.m. .. wonder when the last time this occurred ?(L-Cheek scored a hat trick in his last game)
  • Sponsored links:

• Jesus how was that a pen for Man Utd!!

Bloke wins the tackle (clearly gets the ball) yet stops so Fred goes over his standing leg!!
  • it was Martial but I know what you mean .. I thought it was a pen even though Martial made a meal of it .. Pogba misses, hits the post and slaps in the rebound .. why do we never seem to get such luck ?

2 Englishmen scored for Chelsea this p.m. .. wonder when the last time this occurred ?(L-Cheek scored a hat trick in his last game)
    Loftus-cheek played further forward today as a replacement for Pedro. He'll probably have play further up the field to get much game time, as Chelsea have so many midfielders

Remember Danny Drinkwater...
  • 2 good games this afternoon, plenty of attacking football and a few goals
  • WTF was Arsenal's kit all about???
  • It was horrible but better than their opponents outfit.
  • thought arsenal kit was really nice, myself
  • edited October 2018

2 good games this afternoon, plenty of attacking football and a few goals

Shame its going to be brought back to earth by a Sunday league pitch tonight!

Could be a few goals mind you.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

2 good games this afternoon, plenty of attacking football and a few goals

Shame its going to be brought back to earth by a Sunday league pitch tonight!

Could be a few goals mind you.
    I made a comment about the NFL game tearing up the pitch .. seems we have a lot of 'gridiron fans' who'd rather watch that than real football .. if the pitch is really bad it'll ruin what could/should be a classic .. still Spurs fault for being absolutely ridiculous in calculating their building time estimates ((:>)
  • Looking forward to this.

Expecting a few touchdowns.