Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2018/19 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Did some research.... even without winning one more point, Liverpool already have enough points in the table (88), to have won the Premier League 15 of it's 26 years in existence. And yet right now they are not even in first place with 9 more points up for grabs.
    Just goes to show how polarised the league is now with a limited number of high achievers at the top and everyone else. 
  • Options
    Roy Keane & Gary Neville having words on Sky 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Considering Utd's wage bill is one of the highest in world football they really do have some utter shite in that squad.
    Interviews with press in Manchester on the football shows out here indicate they are going to sell at least 7 of their players in the summer. But they will take a huge financial bath on them. The ones most likely on their way out and the most transfer money I suspect they will get for each player...
    Lukaku: £30M
    DeGea:£6M (may be un-sellable due to wages)
    Sanchez: £20M (may be un-sellable due to wages)
    Fred: £20M
    Rojo: £5M
    Darmian: £5M
    Mata: £20M
    That's a £100M transfer loss between them.
  • Options
    Fred.  As Brazilian as a Hairy Growler.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Did some research.... even without winning one more point, Liverpool already have enough points in the table (88), to have won the Premier League 15 of it's 26 years in existence. And yet right now they are not even in first place with 9 more points up for grabs.
    I f@cking hope Liverpool get 97 points and lose the league 
    Enough points to win every single Premier League ever, except this year and last year. But still fail to win it. You are cruel! :D
  • Options
    Whats quite funny is the fact that this is the third time Liverpool have led the Premier League at Christmas yet are the only team over the last X years to end up second; looks like its happening again
    Good.
  • Options
    Considering Utd's wage bill is one of the highest in world football they really do have some utter shite in that squad.
    Awful.

You can probably name the decent signings since Ferguson left on one hand and they've spent something like £700m in that time.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Awful.

You can probably name the decent signings since Ferguson left on one hand and they've spent something like £700m in that time.

And yet City and Guardiola get crucified for the money they've spent. Despite the fact that they refused to meet the demands of Sanchez - which United did.

From an England perspective, how good would say Sterling be right now had he gone to United under Mourinho? And how much better would Rashford be right now had he come through the City ranks? Would Foden be better off being at United playing and training with a want away Pogba or one dimensional midfielders such as Fred and Matic as opposed to the likes of David Silva, De Bruyne and Bernardo Silva? 
  • Options
    Interviews with press in Manchester on the football shows out here indicate they are going to sell at least 7 of their players in the summer. But they will take a huge financial bath on them. The ones most likely on their way out and the most transfer money I suspect they will get for each player...
    Lukaku: £30M
    DeGea:£6M (may be un-sellable due to wages)
    Sanchez: £20M (may be un-sellable due to wages)
    Fred: £20M
    Rojo: £5M
    Darmian: £5M
    Mata: £20M
    That's a £100M transfer loss between them.
    They aint selling Lukaku for 30M
    They aint selling DDG for 6M

Crazy to think they would

Lukaku is not scoring atm butts there and he is stil only 25, when u look at the crazy figures atm, he wont go for less than £60M

DDG may be out of contract next year but if Madrid want him this summer it would still cost about £30M IMO

• Options
    Napas lost it again, Lukaku 30m. HA.
  • Options
    Maybe Madrid will offer Courtois to Man U as part exchange?
  • Options
    Napas lost it again, Lukaku 30m. HA.
    Yeah I probably under-shot that one. Okay, $70 million. That number keeps me consistent.
  • Options
    Reserve keeper Romero is a more than adequate replacement. Has never let them down. Vastly underrated.
  • Options
    Solskjaer has a major job to do this summer.

Resolve the futures of Pogba and De Gea. I'm not convinced that either really wants to stay.
    Get rid of high earners who are either not good enough or don't want to be there. The likes of Darmian, Mata, Lindelof, Smalling, Young, McTominay, Martial, Valencia, Rojo.
    Buy a top class right back and centre back. United for me don't have a single RB or CB that would get into the City/Liverpool/Spurs side.
    Buy a top class striker as Lukaku isn't good enough on a consistent basis.
    Decide if he wants to keep Sanchez. If not, then cover some of his salary to offload him, as having a guy there on 450k a week who isn't pulling his weight, can't be good for the squad.

• Options
    Fred is one of the worst signings in Prem history. £53m.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had Gomez not missed so much of the season I suspect that the PFA Team would have had the Liverpool back 4. Interesting that Salah didn't even make the team this year especially as he's Liverpool's top scorer.
  • Options
    Yeah I'd guess it was voted for around the PSG game as Pogba was doing well.

To be fair given the likes of Hazard and David Silva would have been candidates further up and not in midfield it's only Eriksen that would have a very good shout to be in there instead.  Someone like Wijinaldum at a push.
  • Options
    Yeah I'd guess it was voted for around the PSG game as Pogba was doing well.

To be fair given the likes of Hazard and David Silva would have been candidates further up and not in midfield it's only Eriksen that would have a very good shout to be in there instead.  Someone like Wijinaldum at a push.
    Eriksen?  No chance.  I take it you havent seen a lot of Spurs this season?  The only Spurs player with half a chance of making the XI was Sonny and you can understand why he has lost out to Aguero, Mane and Sterling who have been brilliant this season.

Scroll back a good few pages and you'll save me retyping my thoughts on Eriksen this season.

As for Pogba, ha.  Seriously?!

• Options
    Can't quite believe Pogba is in there. Not only because he is so atrociously bad. But because players like Hazard (most goals and assists combined in the league) and Son haven't mad it in there.
  • Options
    Sissoko deserved it more than Pogba. Thats a sentence I never thought I'd say
  • Options
    Devil's advocate - 13 goals from midfield and (I believe) the highest number of assists in the League.

Hazard and Son etc would have been for Mane or Sterling's spots not Pogba's.

City's best two are in there, Liverpool have rotated, no centre mids at Arsenal, Chelsea or Spurs have stood out.  

Who else is there?  Sissoko?  Neves at Wolves?
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Sissoko deserved it more than Pogba. Thats a sentence I never thought I'd say
    by a country mile Spurs' player of the season along with Sonny.  He has been an absolute monster this season.  If only he could find his goalscoring boots.
  • Options

LOL Pogba really, for the 1 in 8 games he turns up. He has been a huge part of their downfall, for example the match against Barcelona showed he cant be relied upon on the middle doesn't get stuck in and walks around with less effort than Berbatov did (probably half the class too)

United, need a new defence. Replacement for De Gea as something is not right there, CM/ Playmaker/ Another striker

I make that nearly a whole new team, Lukaku is good enough in the right team. Although if inconsistent get someone else in who can play instead off, they should really set up their team around Rashford so much talent but often switched positions.

As for Liverpool I would much prefer they lose their last 3 games and have no chance of the title, it would be unbearable. Although I would laugh if they win all 3 and City have won theirs :) All the other sides are so far off City & Liverpool, Spurs the nearest on paper but don't really have the depth they do. Sissosko has been class this season but he wouldn't get in any of the other sides, I think Dembele was a huge loss and Wanyama has never really got his form back since having a bit of time off injured. Arsenal need to stop changing Aubemeyang & Lacazette and build the team around them, whenever they play together (Napoli) and other games they are frightening and link up well. They also need a new defence ... Chelski looked great early in the season but there appears a lot going on inside the club and with Sarri so it makes them very unpredictable.

Sorry for the ramblings, kind of lost the point I was making other than All the other sides need to play catch up big time in the summer, Spurs not so much.

• Options
    clb74 said:
    I f@cking hope Liverpool get 97 points and lose the league 
    Enough points to win every single Premier League ever, except this year and last year. But still fail to win it. You are cruel! :D
    Cruel , I've not started.
    I want them to hit 100 goals in next 3 games as well.
    I can then start a change.org for them stating it's unfair for a team to only lose one game in a season and not win the league.
    I'm expecting the whole of Liverpool to sign 
    Well the red half.
    Might even pop down the pub for the last game and if Liverpool lose the game that day and a few Liverpool in the pub.
    My chant will be 
    How sh!t must you be , city lost 4 games.