Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2018/19 Thread

Comments

• Options
    They need an overhaul like we had with Powell.  So many players not up to it.

Would cost a ton at that level though.  
    Thing is Bailly, Linderlof, Dalot, Shaw, Matic, Fred, Lukaku all cost a fortune. It’s ok having the overhaul but you got to spend it correctly. For me they have some superstars, but they lack the solid reliable grafters that every team needs. They don’t work hard enough. 
    Very true.  They've spent just do badly.  Though I think Dalot will be a decent signing, he's still young.
    Haven't seen much of him to be fair. They have spent money terribly, not sure I would trust Solksjaer to spend it to well either. Tough one for them but can't stand them so not shedding any tears. 
  • Options
    Nothing like the Gooners losing at home
    to get them throwing their toys out of the pram!

https://twitter.com/gloriousguaita/status/1120016946697842689?s=21
  • Options
    They need an overhaul like we had with Powell.  So many players not up to it.

Would cost a ton at that level though.  
    Thing is Bailly, Linderlof, Dalot, Shaw, Matic, Fred, Lukaku all cost a fortune. It’s ok having the overhaul but you got to spend it correctly. For me they have some superstars, but they lack the solid reliable grafters that every team needs. They don’t work hard enough. 
    Exactly this.

People go on about how much City spend (and rightly so) but Lukaku cost more than Aguero and Jesus combined, Fred cost more than Bernardo Silva, Matic cost more than Fernandinho, Pogba cost more than De Bruyne and Sane combined.

You need to spend money wisely.
  • Options
    Yeah but City spend 50m on full backs. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Pretty sure that will become the norm for top level full backs.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Pretty sure that will become the norm for top level full backs.
    Whoosh 
  • Options
    Man Utd will be up for it Wednesday they won’t be allowed to be that shit again , 
    city have not been their fluid self , I fear the nightmare of Liverpool winning the league is gonna happen 
  • Options
    Man Utd will be up for it Wednesday they won’t be allowed to be that shit again , 
    city have not been their fluid self , I fear the nightmare of Liverpool winning the league is gonna happen 
    Noooooooooooooo
  • Options
    Not sure they can help it!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do sky usually put games on sky one? Just koticed the Chelsea game is on there which is nice because i son’t have the sport channels.
  • Options
    While there's a massive gap between the Big 6 and the rest of the PL, there's also a massive gap between the top 2 and the other 4 clubs now. Liverpool and City keep winning while the other 4 stutter, dropping points in games they'd expect to win
  • Options

Just the 10 league wins in a row including beating Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs..........

In oohaah land that means they’re due a defeat. He can and he will have it both ways. :-)
  • Options
    You can’t ignore their recent poor cup performances and the fact it isn’t all conquering and smashing teams off the park like they were earlier in the season leads me to believe disaster is close by (hopefully that was the Champions League defeat) .
    You gotta be nervous as a Liverpool hater ! 
  • Options
    An exciting finish to the season for neutrals
  • Options
    I don’t understand the Liverpool hate. Man City are all that’s wrong with English football imo.... and I am bored with their run at the top.

Liverpool winning would be like going old school and back to the 80s which was when football was last pure imo.

Im all for it 
  • Options
    I like Klopp and dislike the way City's owners make their money.  

But Liverpool fans, ex-players etc would be insufferable if they won it.
  • Options

Much rather that than one club dominating year after year which City with their resources could do
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Can’t wait to see TAA playing for England regularly.
    Gonna be a battle for that spot between him and Wan Bissaka
    Bissaka best RB in Prem. Best LB is Digne, ignoring his goal;  Rose is OK for us but I'd go Sessignon. How we still play Henderson, when he isn't a regular starter for Pool is beyond me. Rice is a shoe in. Grant will debut within two years. Gray should be in squad. Gomez, Stones sorted.
    So much of this is fundamentally wrong I actually can’t bring myself to argue it.
    Never understood the Henderson hate. A quality player imo.
  • Options
    I don’t understand the Liverpool hate. Man City are all that’s wrong with English football imo.... and I am bored with their run at the top.

Liverpool winning would be like going old school and back to the 80s which was when football was last pure imo.

Im all for it 
    Their run at the top? If they win it this season it'll be the first back to back wins for any club in a decade.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Much rather that than one club dominating year after year which City with their resources could do
    Each to their own.

If, say, Spurs were the ones up there with them then I'd agree.

But not Liverpool. 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Can’t wait to see TAA playing for England regularly.
    Gonna be a battle for that spot between him and Wan Bissaka
    Bissaka best RB in Prem. Best LB is Digne, ignoring his goal;  Rose is OK for us but I'd go Sessignon. How we still play Henderson, when he isn't a regular starter for Pool is beyond me. Rice is a shoe in. Grant will debut within two years. Gray should be in squad. Gomez, Stones sorted.
    So much of this is fundamentally wrong I actually can’t bring myself to argue it.
    Never understood the Henderson hate. A quality player imo.
    Henderson struggles when you put him in a team that lacks any real quality through the middle ( hence why he looks useless when paired with Dier)

He was great for England in the World cup in the DM role, and has been great for Liverpool as of late because the pressure has been taken off him as the sole creative midfielder within both sides. 
  • Options

Exactly this.
    They're insufferable NOW, I don't even want to imagine what it would be like if they actually win it.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    For the love of god, anyone but the bloody bindippers!

You know what, and this is saying something, if Arsenal won the title tomorrow, they'd be more bearable than the bindippers.

Everything about that club makes my skin crawl.  Klopp is a classless jumped up prick, his teeth belong on Simon Cowell's dentures, the constant media love in, Jamie 'Spit the Dog' Carragher ejaculating on air every time they score, all seem to have forgotten their wallpushing antics and no sight of JFT39 anywhere to be seen, English clubs being banned from Europe because of them, Salah diving week in week out without punishment,  YNWA and their famous Anfield atmosphere where you cant hear them when they are losing, Jimmy Tarbuck, Stan Boardman, every single one of them and their horrible classless fans with a sense of entitlement outweighing anything known to mankind can do one.

Funnily enough, they've still won sweet FA yet no mention of them being Liverpooly or bottlers.

<Kevin Keegan>Honestly would love it, love it, if we beat them in the CL final!</Kevin Keegan>

How the hell did I write that without using the f word once.  They make my blood boil.

Hit the nail on the head, cant stand Liverpool supporters. Didn't mind them playing nice football but also Salah has become the biggest cheat going, constantly falls to the floor. Liverpool have got away with so much this season , jammy goals/ jammy results it seems written. I hope I am wrong , Anyone but Liverpool
  • Options
    Spurs still 0-0 against Brighton.

Does anyone want the 3rd and 4th place Champions League spots?
  • Options
    Who was the guy in the Spurs shirt they were talking about?
  • Options
    Massive goal for the spuds
  • Options
    Late Spurs winner

Next weekend could be interesting
    Brighton home to Newcastle
    Cardiff away to Fulham

If Brighton lose and Cardiff win they are level on points
  • Options
    Who was the guy in the Spurs shirt they were talking about?
    Efron something?