Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2018/19 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Highly doubt they'd get rid of Klopp.

Even if they do blow the title, it's still a huge improvement on when they were (4th last season, 25 points behind City).

It's highly possible they could get 90+ points and not win the league. You surely can't fire a manager when he gets a points tally that would've won the league in almost every other season.
  • Options
    Highly doubt they'd get rid of Klopp.

Even if they do blow the title, it's still a huge improvement on when they were (4th last season, 25 points behind City).

It's highly possible they could get 90+ points and not win the league. You surely can't fire a manager when he gets a points tally that would've won the league in almost every other season.
    i cant city slowing down anytime soon they are only going to get stronger, it is still 3 years without any trophies
  • Options
    Looks like Citteeee will retain the title .. on their day they are surely the most skilled and attractive, as well as expensively assembled team to watch .. and Leicester beat them !!
  • Options

perfect gnashers 
  • Options
    Burnley beating Liverpool 
    Westwood direct from corner

Shouldn't have stood tho clear foul on Alisson
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Despite losing today I still think United get top 4
    Midweek took alot out of them and with Mata, Lingard, Herrera, Matic out and Martial not 100% it was always gonna be tough today, but think they will quickly move on.

Who gets the other spot I have no idea:

Spurs on a poor run 4 league games without a win and still have to play City and Liverpool

Arsenal are good but can throw in that game where u think what the hell to often, like Southampton or West Ham, but they are on form atm and have no top teams left to face.

Chelsea a bit like Arsenal on their day can beat anyone, but then throw in games like Bournemouth and Wolves today, and they still havr to face United and Liverpool

My Prediction

City
    Liverpool
    United
    Arsenal
    Spurs
    Chelsea
  • Options
    Both Spurs and United had massive wins midweek, whereas Arsenal had a bad defeat. Yet it was them who were the big winners this weekend in the PL!
  • Options
    I think Spurs will recover and get third...

Shocking that they've gone two points from top, to two points from missing out on the Champions League next season
  • Options
    Spurs still have to go away to Liverpool and City 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Spurs will recover and get third...

Shocking that they've gone two points from top, to two points from missing out on the Champions League next season

Thought we was unlucky Saturday.  First half, we hit the woodwork twice and was pretty much all over them.  If we'd come in 3 or 4 up at half time, don't think they could have complained.  ALli made all the difference.  Fair play to Hasenhüttl, genius decision to bring on Shane Long and Josh Sims.  All of a sudden, Long's pace put us on the back foot and Sims was buzzing around like a wasp in the hole behind.  Haven't seen much of him before but was bloody impressed with his work rate.

They deserved their equalizer.  We got a bit lucky that KWP didn't get sent off for his trip but I think everyone can agree that wasn't deliberate, he just tried to hurdle over his back leg as the fella come through but had he been sent off, we couldn't have argued.  Anyhow, foul was committed 35-40 yards out, free kick was taken on the edge of the box.  Absolutely ridiculous.  Didn't think anything of it at the time but watching it back, they've stolen 10-15 yards.  How not one of our players made a beeline for the ref I'll never know.  Didn't watch MOTD so don't know if they showed that but here you go...

I wouldn't say I'm worried about top 4 just yet.  Yes, we've got to go to Anfield and the Ethiad but we've got 5 out of the last 8 games at home.  All in the new stadium if goes to plan.  Got a nice 2.5 week break now to get everyone back 100% fit again.

More concerned about Eriksen.  Made reference to him a couple of weeks ago.  He is playing like he has been tapped up and doesn't want to get hurt before the end of the season.  Its almost like we've been playing with 10 men the last six weeks.  Constantly giving the ball away, not chasing back, not making tackles, caught out of position.  Christ, we've got used to watching him performing almost every week but he has been anonymous last few months and I don't think its any surprise that we've hit a dodgy patch of form.

But that brings it back to Poch.  Even now, he makes some baffling decisions.  Aurier had a half-decent game on Wed against Dortmund.  He wasn't carrying a knock so why is he then left out against Southampton?  Alderweirald was outstanding against Dortmund.  Again, not carrying a knock but left out.  I wouldnt mind if we had a big couple of weeks coming up but we've got 2.5 weeks off for crying out loud.  KWP comes in from the cold and gets torn a new one second half.  That all comes down to Poch.  Hmm.
  • Options
    Maguire sent off after 4 minutes! Great chance for Burnley to get 3 points surely
  • Options
    1-0 to 10 men Leicester
  • Options
    From 3-1 down, West Ham now lead 4-3 against Huddersfield!
  • Options
    1-0 to 10 men Leicester
    Leicester win 2-1, terrible result for Burnley
  • Options
    Huddersfield could be relegated this weekend.

If they lose to Palace and both Southampton and Burnley win (against Brighton and Wolves) then Huddersfield would be mathematically down.

it would be the first time since Derby in 2008 that a top flight team have been officially down in March.
  • Options

If they lose to Palace and both Southampton and Burnley win (against Brighton and Wolves) then Huddersfield would be mathematically down.

it would be the first time since Derby in 2008 that a top flight team have been officially down in March.
    I'm sure they'll be desperate to avoid that scenario, being relegated before the clocks go forward is pretty grim really!
  • Options
    C'mon the Udders!
  • Options
    City are looking sensational first 15 mins against Fulham.  Fulham fans ole'ing the odd touch they are getting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fulham's defence is so poor.
  • Options
    I've never heard a PL ground so flippin quiet apart from the away support.  You could hear a pin drop!
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    I've never heard a PL ground so flippin quiet apart from the away support.  You could hear a pin drop!
    Always quiet there
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Always quiet there
    I remember when we played them im the FA Cup, they were 4-0 up and still quiet, whilst we didnt stop singing all game
  • Options
    Hamer and Grant starting for Huddersfield 
  • Options
    Having a free day and actually getting on with some stuff after a cafe breakfast, hacking back the overgrown garden, inflating the new kayak which looks perfect for our Windermere week, then opening a beer while following the football...
  • Options
    Grant has been a bit wasteful this afternoon going by the BBC - Getting chances is the main thing though
  • Options
    Grant has been a bit wasteful this afternoon going by the BBC - Getting chances is the main thing though
    Well he’s only got a few more prem games to enjoy now. Hopefully he can score a couple more before end of season. 
  • Options
    Huddersfield down
  • Options

See you next year Huddersfield