Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2018/19 Thread

Comments

• Worryingly for United, I don’t even think Spurs have been that good
  • Lukaku at the World Cup was a totally different player to this one it’s weird
  • Redweb said:

Even if Utd sack Mourinho who do they get in to replace him? Not really any big names out there available

Personally reckon Zidane would be well up for a spell in the Prem.
  • Time for a soak in the bath listening to a phone in. Should be hilarious listening to all the united fans phoning in and demanding Jose's head!
  • 7 goals conceded in 3 matches, 2 consecutive matches conceding 3 goals
  • Sponsored links:

• Pochettino and/or Levy were given umpteen stick by the media knowalls for not signing any players in the close season .. thing is, why buy players for the sake of it ? ..
    Poch likes a small squad because he knows what, after two seasons with few changes, his squad can do, how he wants it to play and therefore selection is pretty clear cut .. he knows that players with a 'big reputation' and high expectations who are confined to the bench can cause upsets by mumbling and grumbling ..
    OK, if Kane gets injured (as last season) his striking options are limited, though Mora showed last night what he can do ..
    other clubs should pay heed, bigger is not always better (well in most cases) ((:>) and why spend millions on a few 'carlos kick a balls' (thanks Lawd Suga) who will spend their time sitting on the bench yawning and are essentially a waste of spending money and wages
  • Pochettino and/or Levy were given umpteen stick by the media knowalls for not signing any players in the close season .. thing is, why buy players for the sake of it ? ..
    Poch likes a small squad because he knows what, after two seasons with few changes, his squad can do, how he wants it to play and therefore selection is pretty clear cut .. he knows that players with a 'big reputation' and high expectations who are confined to the bench can cause upsets by mumbling and grumbling ..
    OK, if Kane gets injured (as last season) his striking options are limited, though Mora showed last night what he can do ..
    other clubs should pay heed, bigger is not always better (well in most cases) ((:>) and why spend millions on a few 'carlos kick a balls' (thanks Lawd Suga) who will spend their time sitting on the bench yawning and are essentially a waste of spending money and wages

Couldnt agree more...

Not to mention they'll never be able to sign another Striker good enough for them whilst Kane is around because they know they dont stand a chance of playing all that often (Just look at Janssen and Llorente of late, albeit the former because he's shite)
  • Rashford sent off for Man U. You won't see scenes like these at Charlton matches...

• Watford 2 Spurs 1, what start for them, 12 points is a third of the way to premier league survival!
  • A lot to admire about Watford. The ground looks small but neat. A mix of foreign and British based players all pulling in the same direction.
    Hope we can get back to that one day.
  • Valley11 said:

A lot to admire about Watford. The ground looks small but neat. A mix of foreign and British based players all pulling in the same direction.
    Hope we can get back to that one day.

Watford over the last couple of years have slighted shifted their transfer policy too, and now have a better balance of UK and overseas (and network) players
  • Just having players fully fit and in form helps - our injury record has been awful over the season.

We always start well and beat a top team at home once a season at least !

A very Spurs result - beat Man U away and then let us beat them having I will admit had most of the game ..

Man U next ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Just having players fully fit and in form helps - our injury record has been awful over the season.

A very Spurs result - beat Man U away and then let us beat them having I will admit had most of the game ..

Man U next ...

Watching MOTD, your defence looked really well organised, maybe your latest manager can last more than a year!
  • Well he has lasted almost a whole calendar year!

Mind you someone might want him if keep this up!

Man U next ...

Typical Spurs. 66% possession away from home and do nothing with it. Kane, Eriksen, Moura and Dembele were absolutely hopeless.

A big massive question mark remains for me over Poch still. Why tinker with the team after last Monday's result. Ok, Lloris had a knock but why change the team? got what we deserved. Nothing.

Thought Watford were excellent and more than deserved the 3 points. Troy Deeney gave Alderweirald and Sanchez more problems than most centre-forwards will give them this season.
  • Can see Burnley being in alot of trouble this season.
  • Dyche will get them out of trouble. Too good of a manager not to.
  • While most are talking about Liverpool and ManC, my prediction is Chelsea win the PL and maybe even the Champions League this year. Sarri already has them playing Sarriball and as the team gets more in synch I think they dominate. Watching his teams are like watching a video game. I am looking forward to what they might do to West Ham this weekend.
  • Dont see Chelsea winning the League, they dont have any decent Strikers and cant rely on Hazard all year

They're the Peterborough of the Premier League and are only top two because apart from Arsenal, they've not had a serious challenge yet this season, even then they got lucky
  • While most are talking about Liverpool and ManC, my prediction is Chelsea win the PL and maybe even the Champions League this year. Sarri already has them playing Sarriball and as the team gets more in synch I think they dominate. Watching his teams are like watching a video game. I am looking forward to what they might do to West Ham this weekend.

I agree they look good and strong this season, but as FA has said lack of goalscorer means City again. Liverpool will be in the mix too but still think the boys in sky blue

I agree they look good and strong this season, but as FA has said lack of goalscorer means City again. Liverpool will be in the mix too but still think the boys in sky blue
    Man City's season hinges on de Bruyne returning