Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Incident in Greenwich

1246713

Comments

  • poverty and the tories init

    Stabbing didn’t exist before austerity mate you know this.
  • McBobbin said:

    Murder rate in the UK has not gone up that much TBF. Still a lot lower than it was... Last year's peak includes Hillsborough, and the other big peak includes Shipman

    you'll find violent crime has also risen.... to the same rate that existed 10 years ago.

    I remember being so terrified of being murdered and a victim of violent crime 10-15 years ago I used to go riding my bike up and down my road and going on little adventures and playing football in the street with my neighbour friends.

    Terrifying back then, it really was.
    just because you didn't know about it 10-15 years ago doesn't mean it didn't happen. you didn't have twitter and facebook to tell you about what is going on.

    My sister in Law lives in the road next to where this incident happened (in Mottingham), and she hasn't mentioned it to us at all and my husband knows nothing about it as they don't go on any social media. we haven't mentioned it to her as it might freak her out and she might want to move in with us - and that is not happening. There are people at my work that have no idea that this incident happened, and i'm sure they watch the news, but how far spread was this story covered? there are things happeneing all over that we dont hear about.

    I always hear helicopters flying over head, I'm straight on to the eltham facebook group or twitter to find out what is going on!

    my brother had a car land (literally) in his front garden on its side yesterday morning (2.30am) in Kentish Town, a man is critically ill in hospital from being hit by said car and 3 girls have been arrested aged 14, 15 and 17. I've not heard this reported anywhere apart from a little bit on twitter as the road was closed and on the whats app messages from my brother. I thought that would have been quite big news? wtf were 3 girls of that age doing out at 2.30 am on a wednesday evening?!!?!?



    The Kentish Town incident was on BBC London Radio
    Even though it happened in a Kentish town
    Off topic, but your Kentish Town / a Kentish town quip reminded my of one of the perils of using computer indexes for family history research.
    Apparently, my relatives lived in Ishtown, Kent....
  • N01R4M said:

    McBobbin said:

    Murder rate in the UK has not gone up that much TBF. Still a lot lower than it was... Last year's peak includes Hillsborough, and the other big peak includes Shipman

    you'll find violent crime has also risen.... to the same rate that existed 10 years ago.

    I remember being so terrified of being murdered and a victim of violent crime 10-15 years ago I used to go riding my bike up and down my road and going on little adventures and playing football in the street with my neighbour friends.

    Terrifying back then, it really was.
    just because you didn't know about it 10-15 years ago doesn't mean it didn't happen. you didn't have twitter and facebook to tell you about what is going on.

    My sister in Law lives in the road next to where this incident happened (in Mottingham), and she hasn't mentioned it to us at all and my husband knows nothing about it as they don't go on any social media. we haven't mentioned it to her as it might freak her out and she might want to move in with us - and that is not happening. There are people at my work that have no idea that this incident happened, and i'm sure they watch the news, but how far spread was this story covered? there are things happeneing all over that we dont hear about.

    I always hear helicopters flying over head, I'm straight on to the eltham facebook group or twitter to find out what is going on!

    my brother had a car land (literally) in his front garden on its side yesterday morning (2.30am) in Kentish Town, a man is critically ill in hospital from being hit by said car and 3 girls have been arrested aged 14, 15 and 17. I've not heard this reported anywhere apart from a little bit on twitter as the road was closed and on the whats app messages from my brother. I thought that would have been quite big news? wtf were 3 girls of that age doing out at 2.30 am on a wednesday evening?!!?!?



    The Kentish Town incident was on BBC London Radio
    Even though it happened in a Kentish town
    Off topic, but your Kentish Town / a Kentish town quip reminded my of one of the perils of using computer indexes for family history research.
    Apparently, my relatives lived in Ishtown, Kent....
    Got a distant cousin in Nth Wonkiest
  • poverty and the tories init

    Yep taking 20,000 plus old bill of the streets has worked out well, hasn't it!
  • Sun url calling it a 'bloodbath'....pffft
  • edited September 2018
    Greenie said:

    poverty and the tories init

    Yep taking 20,000 plus old bill of the streets has worked out well, hasn't it!
    does it really make a difference wasn't there a few old bill getting beaten in hackney mcdonalds in the middle of the afternoon recently with instead of people helping - just aimlessy getting phones out to record it? - just as easy as it is to go yeah governments fault ( i think we all saw what a labour mps solution was to the policing crisis ), its so easy to go poverty all the time, whatever happened to respect kids stabbing each other for belts ffs the country London even more so is turning into a shitpit.
  • Leuth said:

    Sun url calling it a 'bloodbath'....pffft

    stand down uncle knobheads on the case
  • Greenie said:

    Greenie said:

    poverty and the tories init

    Yep taking 20,000 plus old bill of the streets has worked out well, hasn't it!
    does it really make a difference wasn't there a few old bill getting beaten in hackney mcdonalds in the middle of the afternoon recently with instead of people helping - just aimlessy getting phones out to record it? - just as easy as it is to go yeah governments fault ( i think we all saw what a labour mps solution was to the policing crisis ), its so easy to go poverty all the time, whatever happened to respect kids stabbing each other for belts ffs the country London even more so is turning into a shitpit.
    Yes it does, a huge difference, and yes it was the Tories who let go over 20,000 police, because they are cunts.
    One of the reasons we have Police is to stop the wankers that do this sort of thing, decent people dont take knives out and stab people, scum do, and scum need policing or they get up to this sort of shit.
    Generally greenie we agree on most things but when we had increased stop and searches etc all we got was calls of a racist police force, if we increased policing and stop and searches it would be more of the same.
  • Sponsored links:


  • Operation sceptre starts today, a week long crackdown on knife crime in England and Wales with stop and search being ramped up.
  • Wow, a whole week, they'd better leave 'em indoors until next week. Pathetic.
  • Operation sceptre starts today, a week long crackdown on knife crime in England and Wales with stop and search being ramped up.

    Probably be more effective if they didn’t announce the week they planned on doing it.
    Was just thinking the same
  • Operation sceptre starts today, a week long crackdown on knife crime in England and Wales with stop and search being ramped up.

    Probably be more effective if they didn’t announce the week they planned on doing it.
    I always think this as major initiative is announced by the feds

    Shame they never bothered following up on shit lane discipline on the motorways and A roads. That said, if you are stupid enough to go out carrying a blade you deserve to get collared
  • Greenie said:

    Greenie said:

    poverty and the tories init

    Yep taking 20,000 plus old bill of the streets has worked out well, hasn't it!
    does it really make a difference wasn't there a few old bill getting beaten in hackney mcdonalds in the middle of the afternoon recently with instead of people helping - just aimlessy getting phones out to record it? - just as easy as it is to go yeah governments fault ( i think we all saw what a labour mps solution was to the policing crisis ), its so easy to go poverty all the time, whatever happened to respect kids stabbing each other for belts ffs the country London even more so is turning into a shitpit.
    Yes it does, a huge difference, and yes it was the Tories who let go over 20,000 police, because they are cunts.
    One of the reasons we have Police is to stop the wankers that do this sort of thing, decent people dont take knives out and stab people, scum do, and scum need policing or they get up to this sort of shit.
    Generally greenie we agree on most things but when we had increased stop and searches etc all we got was calls of a racist police force, if we increased policing and stop and searches it would be more of the same.
    It doesn't help when you get imbiciles like David Lammy coming out with comments "why are the police stopping black kids in Hackney, they wouldn't do that to white kids in Surrey"

    Maybe, just maybe, it's because black kids are shooting and stabbing each other in London and if white kids were doing the same thing on the same scale, then yes, bloody stop and harass them.

    Even some members of the black community are asking for an up to date stop and search policy to be re installed but as you rightly say, that will require a dramatic increase in police numbers.
    Nail on the head
  • Sponsored links:


  • Scoham said:
    Was shocked when I saw that news. I lived in Topham House for a year and a half and my Nan was there for 30 years. Lots of good people living in that building and couldn’t imagine something like that happening.
  • Another stabbing near me yesterday by the Toyota Garage in Baring Rd. 43 year old bloke apparently. Fortunately not life threatening / changing.
    Happy Xmas. What the fuck is wrong with people?!?
  • Stabbing in Kidbrooke yesterday.
    18 year old victim at 3.30 in the afternoon!
  • The fact these stabbings are taking place in broad daylight, emphasises the theory that the perpetrators don't give a monkey's if they're seen. Whether that's because they don't fear the law, or just don't think they'll get caught is another question....
  • 6 stabbings yesterday all in daylight and around the time kids are coming out school, did anyone catch 24 hours in police custody? - scary stuff the size of the knifes are killing not injuring people. 

    what a time to be alive. 
  • The fact these stabbings are taking place in broad daylight, emphasises the theory that the perpetrators don't give a monkey's if they're seen. Whether that's because they don't fear the law, or just don't think they'll get caught is another question....
    They don't fear the law as they don't think about getting caught.
    I suppose if you are with people who carry knives you think it's normal so to do.
    And then there's something, an argument say, that escalates and here's the knife in someone's hand. And it's used.
  • edited March 27
    6 stabbings yesterday all in daylight and around the time kids are coming out school, did anyone catch 24 hours in police custody? - scary stuff the size of the knifes are killing not injuring people. 

    what a time to be alive. 
    Yes I saw it.
    If I were in charge I'd round up everyone carrying a knife without a valid reason.
    Then I'd put them and their knives in an enormous locked area, perhaps the size of Greenwich Park and leave them to it.
    I'd give it a few weeks and hopefully the problem would all be sorted :smile:
  • 6 stabbings yesterday all in daylight and around the time kids are coming out school, did anyone catch 24 hours in police custody? - scary stuff the size of the knifes are killing not injuring people. 

    what a time to be alive. 
    The connection with school leaving time is what worries me. Woolwich town centre between 2.30 and 4 is not a nice  place to be.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out!