Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Krystian Bielik - tracking progress at Derby (p9 out with ACL again)

Comments

• CAFCOlly said:
    Just a shame that Derby are wasting him at CB. Bielik's stand out performance for me was against Portsmouth at home last season when he played DM.

Unfortunately managers will look at his height and think that he's best at CB. 

Quality player when played in his position. Average when played as a centre back. 
    Totally agree - very average at CB but when moved into DM he consistently broke play up and got forward very quickly, often playing  creative attacking passes.
  • Agree, his best games for Cafc was when he could express his self from midfield, and his weaker games were at CB when he was often caught on the ball. In the highlights last week he looked all at sea as Derby lost when playing CB.
  • I agree with this too but you have to take the players you have into account and maybe he is better than the CBs Derby have. A bit of a joke if true considering the money they have, but sometimes having money compensates (or doesn't) for not being well run. 
  • It’s Cullen over Bielik for me. Whilst Beilik is a more talented footballer, he was prone to make the odd mistake. Whereas Cullen is steady Eddie. Plays a simple game and rarely gives the ball away. Also reads the game better, IMO. 
  • It's easier for defenders to stand out for their attacking play than their defensive work

I remember Kieran Gibbs' debut for England where he looked brilliant going forward and got rave reviews, whereas a solid "Chris Solly" type is far less headline grabbing
  • At this level Bielik is a very good CB, however he is an excellent DM.
  • Not missing Bielik is entirely down to the performances thus far of one Darren Pratley.  We sorely missed a Bielik type influence against Forest, cos Sam Field was way less effective than Bielik was or Pratley has been.  KB's a fine player, as we'll see when we play Derby.
    More strange revisionism here. Someone clearly watched that first half with his eyes closed (as usual)
  • At this level Bielik is a very good CB, however he is an excellent DM.
    I think this sums it up. Anyway, it is their issue to resolve. Let's hope they don't although I will always wish Bielik well personally.
  • would love to have him back but would he do a better job than what Pratley is doing this year? 
  • Sponsored links:

• He was one of my favourites last season but at £10m I’m glad it worked out the way it did.

Imagine how much quality talent Bow & Gallen could bring in with that kind of money...
    Gareth Bale for about 10 weeks?
  • CAFCOlly said:
    Just a shame that Derby are wasting him at CB. Bielik's stand out performance for me was against Portsmouth at home last season when he played DM.

Quality player when played in his position. Average when played as a centre back. 
    A talented player who’d have done very well in either position for us - he was definitely better than just average at CB.

Had he played there all season I’m sure we’d be saying he’s a quality CB.

We needed him more in midfield and I remember Bowyer said something around how playing in midfield challenged him more. When he first played the potential was clearly there but he was often taking too many touches. By the end of the season he had cut that out and became a lot more consistent.

He has the potential to go further than anyone in that squad last season, and probably this squad too.
  • He will do well at CB or CDM at league 1and probably Champ but i don't think he has enough to be anything other than average at prem level, particularly at CDM as he doesn't have the quick feet and brain required. This is why Arsenal were prepared to let him go and why I think Derby have paid OTT. I wish him well, he was brilliant for us but I definitely would have picked Cullen over him for us.  
  • Scoham said:
    CAFCOlly said:

A talented player who’d have done very well in either position for us - he was definitely better than just average at CB.

Had he played there all season I’m sure we’d be saying he’s a quality CB.

We needed him more in midfield and I remember Bowyer said something around how playing in midfield challenged him more. When he first played the potential was clearly there but he was often taking too many touches. By the end of the season he had cut that out and became a lot more consistent.

He has the potential to go further than anyone in that squad last season, and probably this squad too.
    His main strength is his ability to bring the ball out and run with it, so while he could be a Maguire style defender, to me I'd rather see him in midfield
  • I liked him as a player for us, not 100% convinced his performances would have been as good in the Champoinship will have to wait and see if Derby spent wisely, I aslo think he would now be a squad player for us if we were able to keep hold of him - time will tell.
  • Picked up a thigh injury on international duty and is now a doubt for the game at the Valley next weekend.
  • Absolutely not a shame at all. Hope he is injured for precisely seven days 
  • Sponsored links:

• Get well soon Krystian; thank god he's out for this game as he'd have been a threat!!
  • Shame.
    Would have been good to thank him for Wembley.
    We can thank him even more now...
  • Lovely player,I thought he was irreplacable,but then along came Gallagher.Did great for us,and would have liked to show our appreciation,but maybe its better he does not play/
  • Never smile at an injury.
  • Thought he was great for us in a DM position. If we could have got him back on loan that would have been the icing on the cake for me on top of getting both Cullen and Williams back, plus of course bringing in Gallagher. Greedy or what?!
  • Thought he was great for us in a DM position. If we could have got him back on loan that would have been the icing on the cake for me on top of getting both Cullen and Williams back, plus of course bringing in Gallagher. Greedy or what?!
    Reckon we wont have signed Field on loan had we got Bielik back
  • mendonca said:
    Never smile at an injury.
    If the injury turns our opposition's midfield from dominant to porous...I won't smile, but he is the one Derby player whose injury plays to our strengths (playing through the middle) the most
  • My polish colleague at work seems to think he has had a fall out with the Head Coach and isnt actually injured.
    Reckon we wont have signed Field on loan had we got Bielik back
    Yep, I think you are right. Admittedly based on the little we have seen of Field so far, I personally think Bielik is the better player.