Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Krystian Bielik - tracking progress at Derby (p9 out with ACL again)

Comments

• Options
    Rather have him than not. Hope he does well for us.
  • Options

cafc-west said:

10 games in three years. Another player with limited experience.

Why oh why must we continue to sign players with backgrounds like this?

We need more Darren Pratley's.

Hopefully, if fit, he is powerful and energetic and keen to show his abilities and will compliment Darren. Pratley has been outstanding so far and a great addition but by 65 minutes looks to be tiring. On comes Bielik...
    Your opening line is my whole point.

We should not be signing players having concerns about their fitness levels.
    We have very little money so we get the dregs from Poundland rather the prime produce from Harrods.
  • Options

cafc-west said:

Hopefully, if fit, he is powerful and energetic and keen to show his abilities and will compliment Darren. Pratley has been outstanding so far and a great addition but by 65 minutes looks to be tiring. On comes Bielik...

We have very little money so we get the dregs from Poundland rather the prime produce from Harrods.
    This guy is far from dregs. Has played international football at various levels according to his age at the time.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

cafc-west said:

This guy is far from dregs. Has played international football at various levels according to his age at the time.
    Yassin Moutaouakil captained the French U21 team though
  • Options

cafc-west said:

Take your point but we have been doing this since Jan 2014.
  • Options

Crusty54 said:

cafc-west said:

You made me look him up.
    I noticed that he was without a club for the last two seasons before signing back on at Hayes and Yeading.

It seems he was a personal trainer with qualifications in the interim:

https://www.puregym.com/personal-trainer/yassin-moutaouakil/
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

cafc-west said:

As others have said this doesn't prove much - have to see him play before we make a judgement.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

But we not signing him on a permanent, he's a loan signing.
    Therefore it's not a huge risk.

And if they get a reccurrance of a previous long term serious injury, you can usually send loans back in the small print.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

And, of course, as said by others ..... we're getting a better quality of player than we can otherwise afford.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Crusty54 said:

cafc-west said:

You made me look him up.
    I noticed that he was without a club for the last two seasons before signing back on at Hayes and Yeading.

Hard to explain why Yassin hasn’t returned to his native France. Must still have a bit of a name due to captaining the French Under 21’s and would surely be better placed to resurrect his career. The way his football has nosedived is astonishingly really.

• Options
    FAO Karl Robinson

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/kristian-bieliks-versatility-will-be-utilised-by-charlton-athletic-boss/

I’m not just pinning him down for one position – it depends who we have available and the opposition. I don’t just have one formation
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

And, of course, as said by others ..... we're getting a better quality of player than we can otherwise afford.

Give it a game or two and some of those not sure about him will be saying he's class, too good for us and worrying Arsenal will recall him in January.

Unless we have another Frimpong.
  • Options
    I like his attitude
  • Options

I dread reading about his first poor performance ..... when somebody will refer to him as Krystian Bellend.

Don't make any mistakes and play well, Krys!

• Options
    Must be last year of his contract
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Crusty54 said:

cafc-west said:

You made me look him up.

Hard to explain why Yassin hasn’t returned to his native France. Must still have a bit of a name due to captaining the French Under 21’s and would surely be better placed to resurrect his career. The way his football has nosedived is astonishingly really.

It really is. How can he not get a league club?

One of the most skilful full backs I've seen live, never seen anyone do a Rabona cross the Valley before he did it the first game of the season. He had it all.

Must be attitude and reliability and he can't fit into a team ethic as it's certainly not skill or fitness.
  • Options
    'Bielik also checked in with Arsenal teammate and former Addicks loanee Stephy Mavididi before moving. He laughed: “I asked him what Charlton was like and he said,” the youngster paused with a smile on his face and asked “Have you met Stephy? He said ‘you know fam, it was fine, it was alright’. I said ‘Ok Stephy thankyou’.”

Brilliant.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Still hard to believe that Grant is only 20

Had to check that as I was sure he must be older.

Just shows how long he’s been around the fringes of the first team.
  • Options
    Done his ACL
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Done his ACL

Who has - Grant or the Arsenal kid?
  • Options

Crusty54 said:

cafc-west said:

You made me look him up.

One of the most skilful full backs I've seen live, never seen anyone do a Rabona cross the Valley before he did it the first game of the season. He had it all.

Must be attitude and reliability and he can't fit into a team ethic as it's certainly not skill or fitness.
    He had a lot of pace but not much else - too prone to mistakes.
  • Options

Crusty54 said:

cafc-west said:

You made me look him up.

He had a lot of pace but not much else - too prone to mistakes.
    But captain of the French Under 21’s. He must have been damned good to get that gig.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Valley11 said:

Done his ACL

Who has - Grant or the Arsenal kid?
    Or Yassin?
  • Options

Done his ACL

No one knows who you're referring to, NLA.