Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Krystian Bielik - tracking progress at Derby (p9 out with ACL again)

Comments

• thenewbie said:

Nicholas said:

Where is the YouTube video of him looking like the next Messi.

As good as Messi is he would be a godawful defender...
    Messi wouldn't pass the CL height test.

So it's a 'no' from me.

• "Can he play Steve, can he play ?" ??? Doesn't Bowyer watch the players before they sign ?

"Can he play Steve, can he play ?" ??? Doesn't Bowyer watch the players before they sign ? :smile:

Probably because he's given that responsibility to Steve Gallen?

I was always taught that a good leader knows when to delegate responsibility. Let LB concentrate on what's going on at the training ground, and SG do the scouting.

It's his job, after all...
    Obviously he delegates, that's why he has a team under him. Nobody is expecting LB to be responsible for everything but you would think he would still like to see the player in person to make a final decision.
    He did. Lee Bowyer watched him play for Arsenal Under 23s against AFC Hornchurch on 31st July. Steph Mavidi was also in the Arsenal side.
  • Decent signing. Need those few more that Bowyer talks about as well without any exits. Not sure where he might play but we will need a squad as we are bound to get further injuries and suspensions at some stage.
  • edited August 2018
    Oggy Red said:

thenewbie said:

Nicholas said:

Where is the YouTube video of him looking like the next Messi.

As good as Messi is he would be a godawful defender...
    Messi wouldn't pass the CL height test.

So it's a 'no' from me.

They're poles apart in terms of defensive quality.
  • Welcome to the valley Krystian Bielik.
    I hope you can emulate your fellow countrymen, Pawel Abbott and Polish Pete.

Well done if you spotted the deliberate mistake ? Exceed for emulate.
    Put Michal Zyro with the names above.

Zyro if/when fit will be decent.
    Pawel had good moments but never for Cafc.
    Polish Pete !!!

All good guys though who were liked by their team mates.
  • Welcome...
  • Sounds decent. Adds a bit more height and muscle by the look of him and Steve says “he can play”, so a thumbs up from me!
  • Sponsored links:

• Halix said:

cafc-west said:

Thought it warranted its own thread (already on Rumours thread). Signed on loan from Arsenal.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b745dedc58ac/done-deal-charlton-sign-krystian-bielik-on-loan-from-arsenal
    6 ft 2" tall. Season long loan.

looks like Bows shirt could use an Iron.
    Is someone in the Wet Spam squad moonlighting in the dry cleaning business then? :wink:
  • Asked my Arsenal supporting mate about him and his reply was;

"I've always rated him. He was a centre mid but centre back now. Thought he was the new Tony Adams but he hasn't really progressed under Wenger. No chance at Arsenal now, too many centre backs."

Sounds a promising signing, if he can stay fit!
  • Oggy Red said:

YTS1978 said:

Sounds decent. Adds a bit more height and muscle by the look of him and Steve says “he can play”, so a thumbs up from me!

All our signings so far this season have passed the CL height test.

At the end of last season, Lee Bowyer said it's a physical division plus something about us being a bit small, lightweight and knocked off the ball too easily.

He seems to be putting that right.

Exactly. The worry and consternation about a lack of signings is entirely understandable and valid but while Bowyer's not made many signings, he does seem to have chosen pretty carefully and addressed the weaknesses as best as possible. Pratley added steel and experience in midfield, Steer gives a viable back up/competition in goal, and now added a tall, powerful defender to rectify our current lack of centre-backs.

Still too flimsy a squad to go up but a squad in Bowyer's style and one he has chosen with deliberation instead of panic buying.
  • thenewbie said:

Oggy Red said:

YTS1978 said:

Sounds decent. Adds a bit more height and muscle by the look of him and Steve says “he can play”, so a thumbs up from me!

At the end of last season, Lee Bowyer said it's a physical division plus something about us being a bit small, lightweight and knocked off the ball too easily.

Exactly. The worry and consternation about a lack of signings is entirely understandable and valid but while Bowyer's not made many signings, he does seem to have chosen pretty carefully and addressed the weaknesses as best as possible. Pratley added steel and experience in midfield, Steer gives a viable back up/competition in goal, and now added a tall, powerful defender to rectify our current lack of centre-backs.

Still too flimsy a squad to go up but a squad in Bowyer's style and one he has chosen with deliberation instead of panic buying.
    Exactly this. With the signings of Pratley, Taylor and Bielik it's not hard to see that Bowyer wanted to add height and strength to the team. Mix that in with (hopefully) the returns of Fosu and Clarke and we're starting to get a decent side together. Still need full back cover and another winger though.

Also another striker ideally but i can't see one coming in unless Ajose goes and we'll probably just end up waiting for Igor to return.
  • Weren’t zyro polish. Not had the best luck with Polaks before. Welcome anyway.

Not a nice word to use.

Regardless Welcome to the club

I wonder if Jackson asked his old mate Michael Morrison about him as I assume they were at Birmingham together.
    Why is it not a nice word to use? Surely it can only be a hurty word if offence was intended, which it wasn’t. Polak is a word to describe polish food and I’ve heard the term used to describe the people on numerous occasions.
  • thenewbie said:

Oggy Red said:

YTS1978 said:

Exactly this. With the signings of Pratley, Taylor and Bielik it's not hard to see that Bowyer wanted to add height and strength to the team. Mix that in with (hopefully) the returns of Fosu and Clarke and we're starting to get a decent side together. Still need full back cover and another winger though.

Also another striker ideally but i can't see one coming in unless Ajose goes and we'll probably just end up waiting for Igor to return.
    Agree that there is much more needed and I have no doubt given the funding Bowyer would have signed more players but if he only has a small amount to spend he needs to spend it carefully... which it seems he is. Ajose appears to be well and truly on the fringes and it seems a fit Vetokele would dislodge him from the squad entirely (rightly so) but we're still left a few injuries away from serious problems, through no real fault of Bowyer's. If the rumoured next signing is indeed O'Kane then I presume that he was approached to fill the JFC shaped hole in the squad.
  • J BLOCK said:

Honestly believe if Bowyer was backed by a proper owner he would transform us into a promotion winning side, no doubt.

Totally agree.
  • My Arsenal mate says he’s supposed to be very good. But unlucky with injuries. It’s a fingers crossed job by the sound of it.
  • JamesSeed said:

My Arsenal mate says he’s supposed to be very good. But unlucky with injuries. It’s a fingers crossed job by the sound of it.

One of them has to pay off eventually. Hopefully. Maybe.
  • Sponsored links:

• He’s a body so that’s something at least. And I’d have Mavididi back too if arsenal are feeling generous.
  • He’s a body so that’s something at least. And I’d have Mavididi back too if arsenal are feeling generous.

Off to Juventus

• Has anyone bought any of those breathable boxer shorts yet?
  • All the accounts of Bielek suggest he's an excellent young player, assuming he's over his injury problems he should be a very good signing for us

I'm assuming he's fit....
    Here, about this bridge I’ve got for sale...
  • Simonsen said:

Has anyone bought any of those breathable boxer shorts yet?

Yeah I spent all my season ticket money on a few pairs. Sitting pretty. Lol
  • 10 games in three years. Another player with limited experience.

Why oh why must we continue to sign players with backgrounds like this?

We need more Darren Pratley's.
  • 10 games in three years. Another player with limited experience.

Hopefully, if fit, he is powerful and energetic and keen to show his abilities and will compliment Darren. Pratley has been outstanding so far and a great addition but by 65 minutes looks to be tiring. On comes Bielik...
  • cafc-west said:

10 games in three years. Another player with limited experience.

Hopefully, if fit, he is powerful and energetic and keen to show his abilities and will compliment Darren. Pratley has been outstanding so far and a great addition but by 65 minutes looks to be tiring. On comes Bielik...
    Your opening line is my whole point.

We should not be signing players having concerns about their fitness levels.